Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can we improve LowEndTalk? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can we improve LowEndTalk?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Mark_R said:

Agreed! I'd definitely vote for XenForo! :)

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • CØRECØRE Member

Smilies!

• NomadNomad Member

@CØRE said:
    Smilies!

No!
    Then we can start having 90% smilies 10% text topics/comments.

• No smilies.

• wychwych Member

We already have smilies :)

• CØRECØRE Member
    edited April 2015

@Nomad said: No! Then we can start having 90% smilies 10% text topics/comments.

I see your point. Just limit each message to max 2 smilies?

@Ole_Juul said:
    No smilies.

Why the hate. Smilies is love.

@wych said:
    We already have smilies :)

Text based doesn't count

Also, my name uses special characters and I can't seem to be tagged on posts.

Maybe try to fix that, or use a @address similar to Twitter where one can change it.

• Spook roll call thread!

• How about consistent moderation? @mikho complains about my name calling but not one moderator intervened in joepie91 taking a dump on my domain auction

• NomadNomad Member

@doughmanes said:
    How about consistent moderation? mikho complains about my name calling but not one moderator intervened in joepie91 taking a dump on my domain auction

He was asking a valid question and he had every right to participate. No need to cry over that. And the forum is under constant moderation. That's why you got the warning.

• My auction rules stated no bid, no comment. He disregarded it twice.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

@doughmanes said:
    How about consistent moderation? mikho complains about my name calling but not one moderator intervened in joepie91 taking a dump on my domain auction

In this case @joepie91 asked questions regarding the domain you were selling. Wouldn't you ask questions about a used car you are looking to buy?

@doughmanes said:
    My auction rules stated no bid, no comment. He disregarded it twice.

Thats the thing here, if you had answered the first time it would have been over or you even could have ignored it completly and the auction could continue.
    However, you didn't. Instead you added fuel to the flames and tried to shift focus to @joepie91 and his actions. Totally unrelated and breaking your own "domain auction rules".

Thanked by 2MikePT Pwner
  • The guy lives off donations, he wasn't looking to buy.

• BruceBruce Member

@doughmanes said:
    My auction rules stated no bid, no comment. He disregarded it twice.

there were 6 "rules" at the top of that topic. which one of the 6 said "no bid, no comment" ?

you might not like the comment/question/warning from him, but it was a valid post. my opinion - your response was out of order. I enjoyed the entertainment from the discussion, but it's time to move on. don't waste time trying to revive it in this thread

anyway, this thread is for LET improvement. I won't comment further on the subject. I'm just agreeing with the mods (Freedom to do what we want - from your sig BTW)

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@doughmanes said:
    The guy lives off donations, he wasn't looking to buy.

I just 'got' your username, good work guy!

@doughmanes and all others.... the moment passed and as stated, this thread is not the correct one to have this discussion. If you want to continue @doughmanes, do so in the cest pit.

Comments below mine that is not related on how to improve LET will be deleted.

Thanked by 2wych Spirit
  • getvpsgetvps Member

Maybe possibility to delete comment by user in trial time ( max 5mins ) can be good.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • BruceBruce Member

is there a way to view new posts? if not, would be nice to add that. that way read conversations will not appear until a new post is made

• getvpsgetvps Member

Another nice thing can be one simple vote system, to hide negative voted discussion from listing!

• @getvps said:
    Another nice thing can be one simple vote system, to hide negative voted discussion from listing!

And a way to ignore posts from specific users.

• @Bruce said:
    is there a way to view new posts? if not, would be nice to add that. that way read conversations will not appear until a new post is made

Click Discussions up top. I've never done anything else here, but you made me look around and now I see that there are categories listed on the side. That way of viewing is extremely tedious and requires more patience than I can muster.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Like every other forum we need to have a thread approval mechanism where mods will decide if the thread is worth putting up , with so many shitty / petty threads coming up lately.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BharatB said:
    Like every other forum we need to have a thread approval mechanism where mods will decide if the thread is worth putting up , with so many shitty / petty threads coming up lately.

That's not like 'every other forum', most forums have reactive moderation, not pre-moderation.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • cassacassa Member

@jbiloh said:
    I think the feel of vanilla is part of what makes let unique and is also part of the reason why let is so active.

This is actually one reason why I'm on LET. On vpsBoard and others, I have to open an category for everything. Here I can see all the topics on one page and pick those I probably like easily.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • earlearl Member

@cassa said:
    This is actually one reason why I'm on LET. On vpsBoard and others, I have to open an category for everything. Here I can see all the topics on one page and pick those I probably like easily.

You can click on the "view new forum content" and on time line choose "past year". Gives ipboard the same layout as vanilla's discussion view.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • cassacassa Member

@earl:

You can click on the "view new forum content" and on time line choose "past year". Gives ipboard the same layout as vanilla's discussion view.

That's too hard, I'm lazy :(

• earlearl Member

@cassa said:
    That's too hard, I'm lazy :(

That's what she said :p

• cassacassa Member

Anyway, I'd go with @Mark_R's suggestion, esoTalk or Flarum

• @BharatB said:

Moderation needs to be active most of the. I thing mods here are too active and pre approval doesn't needed.

Thanked by 1BharatB

@TheKiller said:
    I thing mods here are too active

Are you saying that I have no life outside of LET?

• @mikho said:

lol. Pionted this because whatever I have reported being considered.

That will be the case if pre approval is needed. You will have to read post before appearing.

This discussion has been closed.