Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups

Comments

• looks like the installer doesn't work with debian (7):

E: Unable to locate package pdo-mysql

breaks the whole installation as it is not installing the packages

• @xai said:
    looks like the installer doesn't work with debian (7):

E: Unable to locate package pdo-mysql

breaks the whole installation as it is not installing the packages

Fixed.

Thanked by 2xai TarZZ92
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@PetaByet said:
    cPanel has a backup API but it uploads the backup using FTP or SCP only, providing no option for downloading it directly

I'm sure you can work something out.
    The API allows for a ftp/scp transfer but not needed.
    The backup is saved locally in a directory chosen by the admin.
    So in theory you could pick up the backup directory.
    Initiate a backup using API and get it from that directory.

• ricardo777 said: Can You nog setup it like DirectAdmin use Admin backup and sync the backup folder?

Yes its possible but a pain in the ass, plus the way mysql is set on plesk makes it even more problematic.

• xai said: E: Unable to locate package pdo-mysql

exact error i got :(

• cant seem to get mailgun to work on the script

• @MikHo said:
    Initiate a backup using API and get it from that directory.

How? HTTP? Keep in mind it's for single cPanel accounts and the script doesn't get SSH access to the cPanel server.

@RackerJack said:
    cant seem to get mailgun to work on the script

SMTP?

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited November 2014

@PetaByet Having issues with Proxmox, Unknown option: snapshot it's because pve-manager has it's own vzdump and snapshot doesn't work without -mode snapshot

• @rmlhhd said:
    PetaByet Having issues with Proxmox, Unknown option: snapshot it's because pve-manager has it's own vzdump and snapshot doesn't work without -mode snapshot

Does the command for Proxmox look like vzdump -mode snapshot --compress --dumpdir /somewhere 1234?

• @petabyet yup dont think its an issue with your script tbh ill work it out... would be nice to see some sort of progress bar with a speed meter when you initiate a backup from the web interface :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

PetaByet said: @MikHo said: Initiate a backup using API and get it from that directory.
    How? HTTP? Keep in mind it's for single cPanel accounts and the script doesn't get SSH access to the cPanel server.

Took a second look at the available API and it sure is lacking at this moment. Like the Backup API, you can list but not start a backup....

Here's an idea that might get you in the right direction,
    Use the FileMan API (this is a local API only so there need to be a php file saved somewhere on the cPanel server) to zip all files in a random temp directory. then the backupserver can download the zipped file when its completed.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/SDK/cPanel+API+2+-+Fileman#cPanelAPI2-Fileman-Fileman::fileop

Database backups done in the same file...

• @PetaByet said:
    Does the command for Proxmox look like vzdump -mode snapshot --compress --dumpdir /somewhere 1234?

That's it.

• Will give this a shot sometime! Looks amazing!

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited November 2014

CDP.me beta 1.6 has been released.

Additions
    - cPanel Backups (for single accounts)
    - Proxmox OpenVZ / Standard OpenVZ Detection
    - Backup Encryption (AES-256)
    - Activity Log Viewer
    - Backup Log Viewer

https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/releases/tag/beta-1.6

@LeonardC said:
    https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/blob/master/includes/backuprestore.php#L79

Are these getting filtered somewhere in the code?

This has been addressed.

@MikHo said:
    Took a second look at the available API and it sure is lacking at this moment. Like the Backup API, you can list but not start a backup....

Got the cPanel backups sorted with the API's. I could't find a good way to download backups other than FTP, so the script creates a temporary FTP account to get the backup. There is no auto backup restores for cPanel for now.

@RackerJack said:
    would be nice to see some sort of progress bar with a speed meter when you initiate a backup from the web interface :)

Will have a look at this :)

I'm hoping to have the first stable release later this week, and looking forward for some black friday / cyber monday storage offers for CDP :). I also welcome web hosts to test CDP and use it in production later on.

Thanked by 2mikho trexos
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited November 2014

@petabyte the Proxmox stuff still doesn't work. You need to specify the compress method.

See the gzip below

vzdump -mode snapshot -compress gzip -dumpdir /back 101

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited November 2014

@petabyte I edited the command to include gzip but it still failed.

http://pastebin.com/agxr16ib

• @rmlhhd Seems like it's a proxmox-specific issue. I'll have it looked at in a moment.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n rmlhhd
  • i get this in on the start page over the (non working) "Last 10 Backup logs":

Warning: array_reverse() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/includes/home.php on line 116

• @PetaByet is it possible to restore the backup to another server (ip), without downloading it?

• @rmlhhd Please download the latest cron.php and re-try, it should work. It seems like Proxmox uses vzrestore instead of vzdump --restore for backup restores. I'll get this added in the next release.

@William said:
    i get this in on the start page over the (non working) "Last 10 Backup logs":

Warning: array_reverse() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/includes/home.php on line 116

Make sure includes/db-backuplog.json is a valid json file and is readable. An valid one with no logs should look like this.

@jvnadr said:
    PetaByet is it possible to restore the backup to another server (ip), without downloading it?

Coming in the next release :).

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • PetaByet said: Coming in the next release :).

You are the King!

• There a plan for cPanel ?

• @PetaByet just wondering where in your project plan is the addition of the 2 factor authorization, I know its 2nd on your To-do-list does that mean its coming soon? This is a good tool that shows great promise but its slightly insecure at the moment without it, unless you run it via a SSH tunnel.

Really shows promise and will save a lot of headache compared to Bacula / Rsync.

• @PetaByet: consider adding a donation button somewhere on the cdp.me web page, I tried finding one, but came up empty handed.

Maybe I'm just blind? ;-)

• @hary said:
    There a plan for cPanel ?

The script has cPanel backups ;)

@frank said:
    PetaByet just wondering where in your project plan is the addition of the 2 factor authorization, I know its 2nd on your To-do-list does that mean its coming soon? This is a good tool that shows great promise but its slightly insecure at the moment without it, unless you run it via a SSH tunnel.

Really shows promise and will save a lot of headache compared to Bacula / Rsync.

I'm pretty sure I'll be adding 2fo in one of the stable releases, no ETA though. What kind of 2 factor auth do you want? Google Authenticator, SMS, email, others?

@k0nsl said:
    PetaByet: consider adding a donation button somewhere on the cdp.me web page, I tried finding one, but came up empty handed.

There isn't one yet, but you can PM me for donations.

• frankfrank Member
    edited November 2014

@PetaByet said:
    I'm pretty sure I'll be adding 2fo in one of the stable releases, no ETA though. What kind of 2 factor auth do you want? Google Authenticator, SMS, email, others?

Google Authenticator, and although never built a site using it myself if its like most of Googles stuff it should be easy it integrate in.

Edit: Just checked and does seem fairly straight forward to do.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • If you made Yubikey authentication, that'd be fun :) PAM would do fine though.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi PetaByet
  • maybe some google auth would be a good idea?

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @frank said:
    Google Authenticator, and although never built a site using it myself if its like most of Googles stuff it should be easy it integrate in.

Edit: Just checked and does seem fairly straight forward to do.

@AutoSnipe said:
    maybe some google auth would be a good idea?

Why not? I should have it ready in the next release.