Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups

Comments

• 4.: maybe add comment behind the cronjobs ala #/etc/prosody server.domain.li

• I haven't tried it (yet) but like the outlined description. I wonder if it would be a hassle porting it over to Python rather than PHP? As I said, haven't seen the code yet nor tested it.

The UI is bootstrap, right? Do you personally prefer bootstrap over semantic-ui?

At any rate, looking forward to test it out in the coming days. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I apparently missed this when you first posted it. This looks brilliant. Keep up the great work.

• Hmm, it doesn't works for me. Even if I run the cron.php script myself, without output to /dev/null I'm not getting any output.

• @cassa said:
    Hmm, it doesn't works for me. Even if I run the cron.php script myself, without output to /dev/null I'm not getting any output.

What exactly did you run? Just

php cron.php

?

• What is the ETA on the OpenVZ, cPanel and MySQL Database backups? That's all I'm waiting on lol

• @Brad said:

No, php cron.php dfaac68aac949eb43e300ab0cd7f42a4

• No output either but backup seems to be created.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited November 2014

I was just about to set backup on one box and saw this thread.
    Does it use increment backup?

And make sure apache's Allowoverride is setting to All, otherwise .htaccess won't work, everyone could visit ://IP/includes/db-backups.json to get backup files list, then download them by ://IP/files/filename.tar.gz

Oh, I got an email with tar log attached, it has 30000+ lines, after I click it, my browser was forzen, totally agree email notifications should soon to be improved:)

• Thanks for sharing. Bookmarked this so I can check it out when I have some extra time.

• @PetaByet said:
    Okay, it seems like that you all want Debian/Ubuntu support so here we go :)

The automatic installer now supports CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu and the script itself can be hosted on any Linux distro AND any web server with PHP support (you can use Debian + Nginx for example).

Sounds good? Here is the link for manual installs: https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/wiki/Manual-Installation and you can find the automatic installer here https://cdp.me/#installation

Much love !:)

People seem to have a lot of good ideas, would you advice to people to fork your project and continue on their own, or submit pull requests?

• @William said:
    No output either but backup seems to be created.
    @cassa said:
    Hmm, it doesn't works for me. Even if I run the cron.php script myself, without output to /dev/null I'm not getting any output.

cron.php sends all output to your email if email notifications are turned on. I might look at individual email/output settings though.

@Falzo said:
    PetaByet: would you mind giving a short explanation of what exactly your script does and what is backuped in detail.

TL;DR It backups anything on any servers ;)

@k0nsl said:
    The UI is bootstrap, right? Do you personally prefer bootstrap over semantic-ui?

I've used Bootstrap in lots of projects, that's why I'm using it for cdp.me as well. Semantic UI looks promising.

@XFS_Duke said:
    What is the ETA on the OpenVZ, cPanel and MySQL Database backups? That's all I'm waiting on lol

• MySQL: 1 week
    • OpenVZ: 2 weeks
    • cPanel: no idea yet

@xDutchy said:
    People seem to have a lot of good ideas, would you advice to people to fork your project and continue on their own, or submit pull requests?

Pull requests would be nice.

Thanked by 2k0nsl nadiar429
  • Wow this is very cool!!! I will try this out tomorrow when I have some more free time :) thanks so much for working on it.

• It's working for me now. Something I would like to see is a per-job limit

• Works quite nicely, though I wish it auto entered the cron jobs. The website looks nice by the way :)

• @cassa said:
    It's working for me now. Something I would like to see is a per-job limit

I will add an option to auto-delete backups older than x days in a future release.

@CFarence said:
    Works quite nicely, though I wish it auto entered the cron jobs. The website looks nice by the way :)

Thank you.

Thanked by 1user123
  • looks awesome, will implement with my personal CDN

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited November 2014

just tried for 30mins. some questions:
    1, if change the default password, I have to input the md5 hash result of the password, that should be more user-friendly solution: input the plain text, and automatically md5 hash it as valid password, next time open the config.php, show the md5 value.

2, when add server, if use a passphrase protected ssh key, seems nowhere to input the passphrase.

3, in Backup Jobs, is that OK to add more directories in one line? that means one cron job for one server

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited November 2014

PetaByet said: cPanel: no idea yet

https://gist.github.com/Zalvie/5592be456141f76af1bf

If you want my old shit which I wrote to backup cPanel's it's kinda dirty but yea can probably help you if you don't know how to do it in the new api version.

$user = username to backup

$config['server'] = scp info.

$config['server']['email'] = cPanel emails you after backing up.

$config['info'] = whm key and username.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • CDP.me beta 1.2 is now available.

- Added SSH key passphrase (RSA only)
    - Added md5 password generator
    - Added backup rotation / auto delete
    - Added session IP Check
    - Added session inactivity timeout

Full change log & upgrade instructions https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt#L1-L21

• @PetaByet said:
    CDP.me beta 1.2 is now available.

- Added session IP Check

WOW, you're indeed a quick developer :D

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @yywudi said:
    WOW, you're indeed a quick developer :D

Thank you, and just to answer your previous question, yes, you may enter more than one directory, provided that they are separated by a space.

• @PetaByet said:

Any plans for an API? Or is one already built in that's being called?

• @PetaByet Got it installed, putting my storage plan from @AutoSnipe to use. Works great, but the big thing was rotating backups. Not even a few hours later you updated it to add that.. awesome.

Keep up the great work :)

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @0xdragon said:
    Any plans for an API? Or is one already built in that's being called?

What kind of API functions do you need?

• @PetaByet said:
    What kind of API functions do you need?

Well basically I just want to have multi-user support and quotas. So any API functions that drive the web interface are probably needed if I do that.

• @0xdragon said:
    Well basically I just want to have multi-user support and quotas. So any API functions that drive the web interface are probably needed if I do that.

User Accounts/ACL's is in my to-do list. Not sure about quotas though... why do you need it anyway?

• @PetaByet said:

I'm implementing quotas on another system, it won't touch CDP, it'll check with my script how much is used :)

ACL would be great!

• Nice stuff! Thanks!

• @PetaByet said:
    CDP.me beta 1.2 is now available.

- Added session IP Check

Full change log & upgrade instructions https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt#L1-L21

Update and re-check.

1, there're always php alert,

Notice: Undefined variable: loggedin in /var/www/****/cdp/index.php on line 14
    Notice: Undefined variable: loggedin in /var/www/****/cdp/index.php on line 20

2, add server/job, generate a cron job and manually run it:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ']' in /var/www/****/cdp/cron.php on line 84

yes, there's one more ] in this line:

$key->loadKey(file_get_contents($serverkey[0]]));

, but after remove the error & run again, another php error:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected end of file in /var/www/backup.yywudi.com/public/cdp/cron.php on line 146