Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    PetaByet - Just installed it, some thoughts:

1 Restart httpd/apache at the end of the install. If its already installed and php is not then php module is not loaded so index.php appears as raw text

Thanks! Fixed.

2 Fix homepage file not found:
    I will roll the fixes into a diff on GIthub if it helps.

Please create a pull request if possible.

• ReubenReuben Member
    edited November 2014

I get the following errors when clicking on the "Backup Now" button (latest beta):

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/html/includes/db-activitylog.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 42 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/includes/db-activitylog.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/index.php on line 49 Backup task is running in the background

Warning: fopen(cdpme-2014-11-09-09-16-22-fcdb8283133bd02a07d677703cea490d.tar.gz): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/phpseclib/Net/SFTP.php on line 2026

Warning: rename(cdpme-2014-11-09-09-16-22-fcdb8283133bd02a07d677703cea490d.tar.gz,/var/www/html/files/cdpme-2014-11-09-09-16-22-fcdb8283133bd02a07d677703cea490d.tar.gz): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cron.php on line 130

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/files/cdpme-2014-11-09-09-16-22-fcdb8283133bd02a07d677703cea490d.tar.gz in /var/www/html/cron.php on line 139

Thank you for the great script and your time to create it :-)

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited November 2014

@PetaByet said:

Looks really good thanks for this. A suggestion would be to add encryption (ideally encryption at source with options for what level of encryption) for those wanting greater backup file security, but apart from that it's really good.

• @Reuben said:
    I get the following errors when clicking on the "Backup Now" button (latest beta):

Please consult this answer: http://stackoverflow.com/a/8104498

@sc754 said:
    Looks really good thanks for this. A suggestion would be to add encryption (ideally encryption at source with options for what level of encryption) for those wanting greater backup file security, but apart from that it's really good.

Thanks, AES encryption using Mcrypt / OpenSSL is on my to-do list btw.

• any chance of using SMTP for emails instead of sendmail?
    since all emails are going to spam :)

• @AutoSnipe said:
    any chance of using SMTP for emails instead of sendmail?
    since all emails are going to spam :)

Yeah, I'll probably add this to the next release. Thanks for the suggestion!

• nice work, im gonna need this.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • Ah such a great tool, make a world better place :)

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • Very cool man. Do you plan to make remote SQL backups ? that would be really awesome ! :)

• After installing I got this error code:

`Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/html/includes/db-activitylog.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 42 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/includes/db-activitylog.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/index.php on line 49 Backup task has been started, please do not close this window
    Warning: fopen(cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/phpseclib/Net/SFTP.php on line 2026

Warning: rename(cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz,/var/www/html/files/cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cron.php on line 130

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/files/cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz in /var/www/html/cron.php on line 139`

• @KeyJey said:
    After installing I got this error code:

`Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/html/includes/db-activitylog.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 42 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/includes/db-activitylog.json): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/index.php on line 49 Backup task has been started, please do not close this window
    Warning: fopen(cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/phpseclib/Net/SFTP.php on line 2026

Warning: rename(cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz,/var/www/html/files/cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cron.php on line 130

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/files/cdpme-2014-11-13-17-45-23-4ed17f6bd25918d001904a21e0304224.tar.gz in /var/www/html/cron.php on line 139`

See 1 page back: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/785943/#Comment_785943

Thanked by 2PetaByet KeyJey
  • @KeyJey said:
    Very cool man. Do you plan to make remote SQL backups ? that would be really awesome ! :)

Yeah, SQL backups are on my to-do list.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Very interesting ! when u include your mysql backup u'll offer an amazing and unique sql remote backup system !

Will be waiting ! thanks a lot.

• @KeyJey said:
    Very interesting ! when u include your mysql backup u'll offer an amazing and unique sql remote backup system !

Will be waiting ! thanks a lot.

Would you to have the backups restored using php's mysql() function or SSH? I know most people prefer php and I have finished the backup function, but I'm having a hard time creating a backup restore function though.

• Well, I think would be easier for you to restore them using SSH, but as you said, it's better to restore them using PHP's. Also, will you alow user to choose what DB to restore or any other interaction?

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • TransNOCTransNOC Member
    edited November 2014

Hey PetaByet, great script. After I chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/ everything was working great. The script pulls the remote directory we specify. However we have been unable to get your CDP.me script to actually pull down MySQL (we have everything configured correctly for remote access on the other side).

It will only pull the first 339 bytes of the MySQL database:

DROP TABLE wp_yith_wcwl;

CREATE TABLE wp_yith_wcwl (
    ID int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    prod_id int(11) NOT NULL,
    quantity int(11) NOT NULL,
    user_id int(11) NOT NULL,
    dateadded timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    PRIMARY KEY (ID),
    KEY product (prod_id)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

The e-mail report says:

Backup job (df340171bc723ec40ac5b19de0b5fc23) started
    Starting SQL backup
    MySQL query error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
    manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
    syntax to use near '' at line 1

We are running MySQL 5.5 with cPanel on this specific test server.

Can you help? Thanks!

• @TransNOC said:
    Hey PetaByet, great script. After I chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/ everything was working great. The script pulls the remote directory we specify. However we have been unable to get your CDP.me script to actually pull down MySQL (we have everything configured correctly for remote access on the other side).

It will only pull the first 339 bytes of the MySQL database:

DROP TABLE wp_yith_wcwl;

CREATE TABLE wp_yith_wcwl (
    ID int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    prod_id int(11) NOT NULL,
    quantity int(11) NOT NULL,
    user_id int(11) NOT NULL,
    dateadded timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    PRIMARY KEY (ID),
    KEY product (prod_id)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

The e-mail report says:

Backup job (df340171bc723ec40ac5b19de0b5fc23) started
    Starting SQL backup

We are running MySQL 5.5 with cPanel on this specific test server.

Can you help? Thanks!

It must have something to do with mysql max_allowed_packet. Please increase it to at least the size of the DB.

• TransNOCTransNOC Member
    edited November 2014

Thanks, that worked to clear the "First 339 byes" error but the syntax error still exists:

Backup job (614a4fafd8fa71de5301a104d4844b91) started
    Starting SQL backup

• @TransNOC said:
    Thanks, that worked to clear the "First 339 byes" error but the syntax error still exists:

Backup job (614a4fafd8fa71de5301a104d4844b91) started
    Starting SQL backup

Weird. Please pull the latest cron.php which should help with troubleshooting.

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited November 2014

CDP.me b1.5 has been released.

Additions
    - OpenVZ Node Backups (and per-CT restore)
    - SMTP email notifications
    - Backup Logs are now sent as email attachments

https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/releases/tag/beta-1.5

CDP.me now supports full backups, incremental backups, mysql backups and openvz backups. cPanel backups and backup encryption coming soon! :)

• @PetaByet

How are you doing OpenVZ backups?

• @tragic said:

>

How are you doing OpenVZ backups?

vzdump / LVM2 (no downtime) if /vz is a LVM logical volume, or vzdump with rsync and suspend/resume (minimal downtime).

• @PetaByet Your script is wonderful, you did a great job! Thank you, m8!

• Great thing would be Data_deduplication

• @PetaByet said:
    It must have something to do with mysql max_allowed_packet. Please increase it to at least the size of the DB.

What? Are you serious?

If your script needs max_allowed_packet to be equal to the size of the DB you're doing something very wrong.

• @socials said:
    If your script needs max_allowed_packet to be equal to the size of the DB you're doing something very wrong.

This isn't the case with my testing server. I was able to backup a 50MB db without changing any configs. So this is an issue with some servers only.

• PetaByet said: cPanel backups and backup encryption coming soon! :)

Need plesk backups too!

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Need plesk backups too!

Unfortunately this is not possible. cPanel has a backup API but it uploads the backup using FTP or SCP only, providing no option for downloading it directly. I can't find an API for Plesk. So if you have root access to a cPanel / Plesk server, it's best to use file backup + mysql backup functions.

• ricardo777ricardo777 Member
    edited November 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

Can You nog setup it like DirectAdmin use Admin backup and sync the backup folder?