Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups

PetaByetPetaByet Member
edited December 2014 in General

Hey guys,

I've been hearing and experiencing some RAID failures / unexpected data losses from various VPS providers recently. Although I had my backups I'm sure many others on the same nodes didn't.

As always, backing up your data is your responsibility but many VPS users don't know or how to back up. Backup servers are also extremely cheap from providers such as NanoVZ, DrServer and Backupsy/VPSDime so there is no reason to not backup :)

I've written the backup script to help users to back up their critical data easily. Everything is written in PHP, with Json files as databases. There is no MySQL involved so the script should use a fairly low amount of resources.

The script features

• Web Based Administration Panel
    • Add Backup Servers
    • Add Backup Jobs
    • Add Users
    • Add ACL's
    • View Backups
    • Download Backups
    • Restore Backups
    • Session security (IP Check + inactivity timeout)
  • Json Flat File Database (no MySQL database involved)
  • Backups ran using cron
  • Server authentication using password or RSA key
  • Email notifications (sendmail / SMTP)
  • Backup rotation / auto delete
  • Full Backups
  • Incremental Backups
  • MySQL Backups
  • OpenVZ Node Backups
  • cPanel Account Backups
  • 2-Factor Authentication (Google Authenticator)
  • Backup Encryption (AES-256/GPG)
  • User accounts / ACL's

The script installation is pretty straight forward, just run the installer on the backup server then add servers/jobs and that's it. You don't even need to install an agent on the source server.

The whole project is available on GitHub so you can see what it's doing on your servers, please also feel free to report bugs or contribute to it.

(CDP means Continuous Data Protection)

Thank you.

Comments