Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDP.me - Open Source Linux Server Backups

Comments

• Daily backups at 3am: * 3 * * * php /var/www/cron.php

638866194e7e0d4d4ad842326d3e28e9 >/dev/null 2>&1

It's backup per every minute of 3am.

Luckily I correct it and killed cron in 3:10, otherwise I would get 60 email and the disk may bomb.

It's wired there is a cdpme****.tar.gz file on /root, maybe because I killed cron and interrupted file move process.

• @yywudi said:

Sorry! This has been fixed. Please re-upgrade.

• Would love an option to use GPG to encrypt the backups - Should not be that hard to add (can i donate somewhere for such a function?)

• @William said:
    Would love an option to use GPG to encrypt the backups - Should not be that hard to add (can i donate somewhere for such a function?)

Sure, adding this to my to-do list. Please PM me for donations.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Very nice, will give it a try.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @hiphiphip0 said:
    Daily backups at 3am: * 3 * * * php /var/www/cron.php

638866194e7e0d4d4ad842326d3e28e9 >/dev/null 2>&1

It's backup per every minute of 3am.

Luckily I correct it and killed cron in 3:10, otherwise I would get 60 email and the disk may bomb.

It's wired there is a cdpme****.tar.gz file on /root, maybe because I killed cron and interrupted file move process.

Thank you, fixed.

• Could you also add a variable for setting TMP path (or ignore your own file) ? I for once like to backup /root as well...

• @William said:
    Could you also add a variable for setting TMP path (or ignore your own file) ? I for once like to backup /root as well...

The script compresses the directory(s) before saving/moving the file.

• There seems to be a bug that one cannot add more than 5 servers on one of my installs, any idea? Can give you ssh for debug if desired.

• Nice pace development @PetaByet, will give it a whirl.

• Nice tool, but didn't realise it takes over the server web config. I tried it on a test server with a throwaway owncloud installation, which it blew away as it reinstalls apache, mysql, etc. Also had to restart apache before it listened to my config.php credential edits - not sure why - caching?

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the .json files publicly accessible? Seems like if someone knows you have a CDP.me install they can get some information you may want to keep semi-private?

• @squibs said:
    Nice tool, but didn't realise it takes over the server web config. I tried it on a test server with a throwaway owncloud installation, which it blew away as it reinstalls apache, mysql, etc.

The auto installer removes everything in the document root by default, but you can use the manual install instructions if you have something else there.

Also had to restart apache before it listened to my config.php credential edits - not sure why - caching?

Have you logged out before logging in again?

@mikeyur said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the .json files publicly accessible? Seems like if someone knows you have a CDP.me install they can get some information you may want to keep semi-private?

There is a .htaccess file in the document root to prevent .json (db) and .tar.gz (backup) files from being accessed from the public. You may have to enable allowoverride in apache config though.

• Great job

• @PetaByet said:
    Have you logged out before logging in again?

I changed credentials in the config.php before I logged in for the first time (generated my own md5 from plaintext password). When login failed, I tried the default credentials and they worked. New credentials only "took" after I restarted apache.

@PetaByet said:
    The auto installer removes everything in the document root by default, but you can use the manual install instructions if you have something else there.

It might be an idea to warn about this at the start of the install. Was no biggie for me, but you might get abuse for it from others :-)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just started playing with this, I like its simplicity, 1 thing that does not seem to have been covered and perhaps I am being an idiot but.... I assume the default is diff not full?

• How to enable https access?
    How to change password ?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Just started playing with this, I like its simplicity, 1 thing that does not seem to have been covered and perhaps I am being an idiot but.... I assume the default is diff not full?

The script does full backups of the directory(s) you choose.

@FirstVM_com said:
    How to enable https access?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Enable+SSL+on+Apache

How to change password ?

Edit the config.php with your md5-hashed password.

PetaByet said: The script does full backups of the directory(s) you choose.

every time?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    every time?

Indeed.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Diff backups would be nice.
    It would require pretty much backup space to have a long retention time.

PetaByet said: Indeed.

I see, well that seems a little, excessive :) not really a real CDP more of a B :p

I wont be able to use it I guess, moving 3TB every night for the sake of 100mb worth of new data is spartan madness.

• I agree with @AnthonySmith. Would be a complete pain.

• does it work with php 5.5 for any one ?

• @AnthonySmith @tragic 3...2...1... here we go :)

@host4all said:
    does it work with php 5.5 for any one ?

It should, I have not tested it on 5.5 though.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • CDP.me beta 1.3 is now available.

Additions
    - Activity Logs
    - Backup Logs
    - Incremental Backups
    - User Accounts/ACL's
    - Server Status
    - 'Backup Now' button
    - Debug Mode

Full change log & upgrade instructions https://github.com/PetaByet/cdp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt#L1-L20

MySQL backups and encrypted backups should be coming very soon ;)

Thanked by 2gestiondbi user123
  • Frig yeah! You're quick.

Thanked by 1PetaByet
  • @PetaByet Awesome, thanks.

• Jesus, this is moving fast. Once we get MySQL support, I'm giving it a whirl as well. :D

Any chance for XtraBackup support as well? :D

• @PetaByet - Just installed it, some thoughts:

1. Restart httpd/apache at the end of the install. If its already installed and php is not then php module is not loaded so index.php appears as raw text

2. Fix homepage file not found:

`--- home.php.OLD 2014-11-07 11:43:48.100929184 -0500
    +++ home.php 2014-11-07 11:46:03.927770315 -0500

Last 10 Activity Logs

<?php
    • $activitylogs = json_decode(file_get_contents($config['path'] . '/includes/db-activitylog.json'), true);
    • if (is_readable($config['path'] . '/includes/db-activitylog.json'))
    • {
    • $activitylogs = json_decode(file_get_contents($config['path'] . '/includes/db-activitylog.json'), true);
    • }
    • else
    • {
    • $activitylogs = array();
    • }
           $activitylogs = array_reverse($activitylogs);
           echo '<table class="table table-bordered table-striped">';
           echo '<tr><th>Data</th><th>Time</th><th>IP</th></tr>';

<

div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-2">

Last 10 Backup Logs

<?php

•      $backuplogs = json_decode(file_get_contents($config['path'] . '/includes/db-backuplog.json'), true);

• if (is_readable($config['path'] . '/includes/db-backuplog.json'))
    • {
    • $backuplogs = json_decode(file_get_contents($config['path'] . '/includes/db-backuplog.json'), true);
    • }
    • else
    • {
    • $backuplogs = array();
    • }
      $backuplogs = array_reverse($backuplogs);
      echo ''; echo '';`
      DataTimeIP

I will roll the fixes into a diff on GIthub if it helps.