Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• @Damian Yeah ;'] I didnt compare it word for word, but the general jist is fine, also, a e-mail saying he's unstable, is better than posting it on LET...

I guess atjew picked his time to be a so-n-so, being it fourth of July and all.

There's some words that i'd love to say to him, that support image you showed us, seriously has he never heard of free ticketing systems? Instead of old, obsolete, horrific things like that? I'm almost sickened that people colo with him. (No offence).

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

@netomx said: I feel ignored :(

I've already said we're going to be able to offer more transfer :P I don't have a number to give yet, since I haven't sat down and crunched numbers and determined the new value.

@djvdorp: Thanks!

@klikli: Of course!

@HalfEatenPie: Our emails are getting tagged as spam by some systems, specifically Gmail.. we're going to have to move to one of those paid services that guarantee email delivery, since I've done all that I can to comply with Gmail's requirements, yet, still get tagged as spam.

@eastonch: If there's nothing else i've learned during this debacle, it's that there are two kinds of datacenters: professional-grade, and wanna-bes. I guess it boils down to core-business vs not-core-business. Our new home does colocation as it's core business (it even has colo in the name!), so we should be good to go now.

• @Damian said: Our emails are getting tagged as spam by some systems, specifically Gmail.. we're going to have to move to one of those paid services that guarantee email delivery, since I've done all that I can to comply with Gmail's requirements, yet, still get tagged as spam.

Your mail notices are being sent from web.ipxcore.com. There is no reverse DNS set for that hostname.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@sleddog said: Your mail notices are being sent from web.ipxcore.com. There is no reverse DNS set for that hostname.

An SPF record for the host helps with gmail as well, at least a user pointed that out to me that my email was also tagged as spam at gmail, since adding a SPF for the fqdn I have not heard anyone say I am landing in their spam folder any longer

• DamianDamian Member

@sleddog: Makes sense, I nulled all of the reverse DNS for all of our Atjeu IPs yesterday. Guess I didn't think that one through.

@mitgib: I'll look into that, thanks!

• I wish the data on them won't get lost, is it? I have no backup everyday, so the data is important to me.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

@Damian that's exactly what I thought so I already checked my spam folder but no mail was received from IPXCore :(

Edit: I lied. it JUST came in. Curse you GMail Gods!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@jeffpan said: I have no backup everyday, so the data is important to me.

Well, why do you not have a backup? If it is important, you make backups.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

thanks to NWNX and colo for helping Damian get our 32mb back =)

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

=D

• anishanish Member

@jeffpan said: I wish the data on them won't get lost, is it? I have no backup everyday, so the data is important to me.

Data will be safe. But take backups regularly in the future.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@CVPS_Chris you are helping providers nowadays. I thought you are like Bill Gates before that want to kill all competitors =p

Thanked by 2netomx Liam
  • DamianDamian Member

While we sell the same basic product, we're each focusing on two different markets. It'll be good for both of us.

Thanked by 2jcaleb Liam
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

How about BuyVM?

• qtriangleqtriangle Member
    edited July 2012

@Damian if both are selling LEB then how are they different markets?
    If there is a difference it is very bleak.

• @Damian said: since I've done all that I can to comply with Gmail's requirements, yet, still get tagged as spam.

You should also add DKIM to your messages to improve your rating.

• DamianDamian Member

@jcaleb: I suppose, but that's somewhat of a bane of being in the same datacenter as other companies; we'll have to bring our game on a different level.

@gsrdgrdghd: I think we already have DKIM set for it... I didn't think anyone was using DKIM anymore, but I guess so, eh?

• TaylorTaylor Member

<

@Damian said: bring our game on a different level.

3GB for $7

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @Damian said: @gsrdgrdghd: I think we already have DKIM set for it... I didn't think anyone was using DKIM anymore, but I guess so, eh?

Well Google actively supports DKIM (both for normal gmail and for Google Apps). You can check SPF records, DKIM and other stuff by sending a test email to " [email protected]"
    btw the announcement you sent out earlier was not signed.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any updates @Damian ? I want to test my backup server =)

• kendidkendid Veteran

@Damian -- Put me on your list too when your sale comes up, really impressed with your openness through this all... Best of luck!

• yomeroyomero Member

@netomx said: Any updates @Damian ? I want to test my backup server =)

The mail said friday IIRC. So =/ wait

@yomero said: The mail said friday IIRC. So =/ wait

yomero, you voted for Peña miento, you don't have a word here.

=P

• yomeroyomero Member

@netomx said: Peña miento

Don f**k with the president!

XDDDD

• I hope everything goes well for @Damian

@yomero said: Don f**k with the president!

just with the first lady's poster XD

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@netomx said: just with the first lady's poster XD

Will taht be the poster for teenage boys in Mexico like Fara Faucet was in the 1970's?

@miTgiB said: Will taht be the poster for teenage boys in Mexico like Fara Faucet was in the 1970's?

i dunno get it :(

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@netomx said: i dunno get it :(

Teenage boys have always had posters of supermodels on their bedroom walls, I remember in the 1970's it was any of the Charlie's Angles stars, will Mexico's 1st Lady be the poster of choice for Mexican boys?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

Servers have travelled Phoenix->Louisville, Kentucky. So they're more-than half of the way there.

Thanked by 3TheHackBox Amfy soda
This discussion has been closed.