Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one?

12345679»

Comments

• yywudiyywudi Member

in my 5-days-long ticket, they replied me "the issue should be fixed" for 5 times but nothing fixed for me. my VPS still offline. i don't know what to say right now.
    and i don't expect they could fix my vps now, just wonder if they could move my vps to another node in their next reply, with fresh setup and IP change...

• @yywudi said:
    in my 5-days-long ticket, they replied me "the issue should be fixed" for 5 times but nothing fixed for me. my VPS still offline. i don't know what to say right now.
    and i don't expect they could fix my vps now, just wonder if they could move my vps to another node in their next reply, with fresh setup and IP change...

Same here, no help, no replies, nothing. Can not recommend them to anyone.

• emgemg Veteran

My VPS has been up for 8 hours. There were some network issues (VPS not responding over the Internet) about 7 hours ago, but the VPS continued running, and the network has been stable since then. BlueVM responded to my ticket. Hopefully all will continue to run reliably.

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited June 2014

Currently, my servers are all up and running normally, I hope they will always be stable as they are now.

• emgemg Veteran

Another update: The VPS uptime has been 24 hours, but network issues continue. I left an SSH session open. Sometime during the night (Pacific time zone), it was dropped. An SSH session with a different provider's VPS (as a control) stayed up.

• @emg said:
    Another update: The VPS uptime has been 24 hours, but network issues continue. I left an SSH session open. Sometime during the night (Pacific time zone), it was dropped. An SSH session with a different provider's VPS (as a control) stayed up.

That's not really a good yard stick, as SSH can fail through very easily. A single missed ping will drop an SSH connection, and unless you're using either mosh or dropbear , most SSH clients/servers won't try a second time.

• @emg said:

@GoodHosting said:
    That's not really a good yard stick, as SSH can fail through very easily. A single missed ping will drop an SSH connection, and unless you're using either mosh or dropbear , most SSH clients/servers won't try a second time.

Here my munin stats for the S2-ZU-KVM:

The stats reflecting the actual situation very good - pings responding fine for some time then they are dropped for some time and again.

P.S.: To be fair my other problem with the CA server was solved by BlueVM last night. They gave me a new KVM container which can be accessed by the Feathur backend.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@smarty24 said:
    P.S.: To be fair my other problem with the CA server was solved by BlueVM last night. They gave me a new KVM container which can be accessed by the Feathur backend.

they also gave me a new KVM but the IP seems not work, even changed for 3 IPs, but none could access in/out the internet... what a pity, still waiting their reply to fix.

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited June 2014

@yywudi said:
    they also gave me a new KVM but the IP seems not work, even changed for 3 IPs, but none could access in/out the internet... what a pity, still waiting their reply to fix.

Have you correctly configured your network in your vps?They must be exactly the same configuration as given in Feathur.

• yywudiyywudi Member

@putaoren said:

of course. totally the same as in Feathur. now we get a new KVM again. check again...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@yywudi said:
    of course. totally the same as in Feathur. now we get a new KVM again. check again...

I has that problem once; they changed node and worked perfectly

• yywudiyywudi Member

finally it's fixed. a new fresh KVM in another node, and the network is working.
    will see how is going next days/months

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BlueVM sometimes has slight network drops, but i still have ssh open in screen for 3 days. Also uptime of nearly all nodes for those who are interested (through uptimerobot): http://bluevm.linuxthefish.net/

• s4.ny.bluevm.com Offline 0% uptime

There is my VPS. Down for too many days (and counting).

• Seems that there is nothing left from BlueVM. NO support for days, second swiss node is still down for days. Really bad and no hope for getting better...

• emgemg Veteran

I wrote the following this morning, but didn't post it until now:

My VPS has been down for many days, too. There has not been much public (or private) communication from BlueVM. It is frustrating that my BlueVM VPS is down, but it is much worse that BlueVM does not give their customers an explanation of what is wrong, what they are doing about it, or a sense of how long it may take until service is restored.

I just checked, and the Feathur control panel now communicates with my VPS, and I was able to boot it and connect to it. The last time I checked was two or three hours ago, and it was still down. If the timestamp on smarty24's post is correct, then it must have come up in the last 20 minutes or so.

I do not know whether the VPS will stay up or go down again in a few minutes, but it does not really matter any more. I have lost faith in BlueVM. I do not plan to renew my BlueVM VPS when its annual period expires, and it makes little sense to use it for anything other than a simple testbed until then.

Sadly, I cannot possibly recommend BlueVM to anyone after this experience.

• Crazy, node 2 in Switzerland is really up again after two days (last test was just before my last post). I just could reboot my KVM, too. But I don't believe it will stay for a long time... ;-)

But I see it like emg - no server for important things...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

smarty24 said: no server for important things

Yep, these are toys and I am happy with them for the price. Who is hosting his business there must be out of their mind, but can be part of a large cluster for failover purposes.

• AND of course offline again for at leat 3 hours...

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

Jeez. So how much downtime total have you guys faced in say.. the past 30 days? Anyone got an uptime robot or similar monitoring?

e: and what location are you in?

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Jeez. So how much downtime total have you guys faced in say.. the past 30 days? Anyone got an uptime robot or similar monitoring?

e: and what location are you in?

Have a look into my old post from June 25th. It shows very good the up - aahhmm - downtime of my KVM in Zurich on node 2 ;-)

• I'm also on the S2-ZU-KVM, and this month there has been mostly downtime.

• I've had a BlueVM 128MB KVM in Buffalo since March, 2012 ($15/year). It's been excellent both in terms of performance and uptime.

Just sayin' :)

• Today I request to close immadiately 4 openvz 1 kvm and 1 shared, I have every week a different problem with my bluevm service, I have to wait 2,3 or 4 days for an answer, I have some vps from different companies and I never opened a ticket in my life. the last thing that happened is that suddenly I can't connect to one of my openvz that I have with them and they told me that it's my fault, I can connect with every vps that I own (I have 9) exept that one, I asked to three peoples I know to make a try and they can't connect with their end. Bluevm support told me that he can connect and that it's my fault.
    So maybe we are 4 stupid that can connect with every vps except that one.
    I gave up and asked to close every service that I have with them and if we were under the same jurisdiction probably would have acted legally.
    OK, it's cheap but if you offer a thing you must also be able to guarantee it working.
    Bluevm is like chinese shop, they give you an unusable thing for two dollars and they point to the fact that for a few dollars youwon't strive to get what you should have.

• XeiXei Member
    edited June 2014

Based on the reviews on LEB for the past half year or longer... I think everyone should know what they're in for. Can't really complain... :p

edit: Which is why I never picked one up...

• I have a vps month failed to start. Another unexplained disappearances.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

I have constant steal of 30%, softlock cpu, but i managed to find an equilibrium, no more crashes, freenet is running more or less stable for 12 hours now. I took the double deal in LA and landed on s8.kvm.ca node. The buffalo area seems way better while LA looks like flooded with chinese abusers running windows. I would not recommend it for KVM at least.

Thanked by 1netomx