Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I always consider all aspects of an offer. This is poorly supported, low quality by my low standards, BUT, considering the price, it becomes excellent. It should be okay for most hobby/personal boxes for the people here. If you need 99.9 uptime, excellent support (at leb standards), fast network, good CPU shares, production-like environments, go with the providers that have that kind of reviews, if you need a plain hobby box without pretense, the kind of thing that would have been considered pure gold here 2 years ago, dont need much support and dont mind if the box is unavailable at times, performance varies but is still above and beyond your patchy needs, then go with a dirt cheap provider, there are plenty here and BlueVM is one of the best in that class. I am with them on and off for more than 2 years, they were always above the average ratio quality/price, had a bit of worse time lately, but seem on the up again.

Thanked by 1Upstage
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@Maounique "... but seem on the up again": how did you come to that conclusion?

I had answer to my tickets, the VM is up for weeks, it started up after last downtime, didnt need me to restart it, there are less and less complains about down nodes and non replies. It might be a wrong impression, but I am watching the low end market for some time, chances are I am not wrong.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Maounique said: I had answer to my tickets

This alone is a HUGE improvement. I've gotten used to waiting at least 48 hours for everything. My last ticket was a simple billing enquiry that took 6 days to get a response to.

Thanked by 1netomx

Yeah, put one up for this stock yesterday, we will see how is the response time, though, it might be put on hold until they have stock. I really hope to get a KVM as in that offer, even if it is down half the time is still worth it :P

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

We're bringing on some new staff due to recent expansions to help decrease reply times.

Thanked by 3hotsnow netomx mpkossen
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@BlueVM said:
    We're bringing on some new staff due to recent expansions to help decrease reply times.

sounds good :)

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited May 2014

@BlueVM said:

I'm waiting since yesterday for someone to look at my network connectivity issue. No ping, no packets received, nothing. Could you please solve it? #339245

• O8amaO8ama Member

will the KVM be restocked? I see -3 available

They said to open a ticket, I did. However, it was -2 before, so something is going on :P

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited May 2014

I've got one KVM2-LA plan, but i don't know what to do with it, if anyone would be interested, PM me your price, I can transfer it to your BlueVM account.

• enfieldenfield Member

what control panel do you get with the kvm packages?

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@enfield said:
    what control panel do you get with the kvm packages?

Feathur

• amjamj Member

S7-CA down?

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • I managed to grab a KVM. For that price, it's really a steal.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Looks like it is. Investigating now.

• enfieldenfield Member

are they gonna restock or is this it

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited May 2014

@enfield - I'm working on installing some systems now. Hopefully we'll have stock before 7 AM MST.

Update: Added some KVM stock in Buffalo, NY.

Thanked by 1earl
  • AcacyAcacy Member
    edited May 2014

@BlueVM said:
    enfield - I'm working on installing some systems now. Hopefully we'll have stock before 7 AM MST.

Update: Added some KVM stock in Buffalo, NY.

What about LA
    Will be available soon?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@Magiobiwan @BlueVM Please check the ticket #427088, also! It's a request for the box from me, too!

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • lelewkulelewku Member

thanks got one :D

@lelewku said:
    thanks got one :D

Ditto.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • @BlueVM check #623745 as well if you would like to.

• trexostrexos Member

Has anyone figured out which network card works? Tried intel and virtio @BlueVM please take a look at ticket #835515

I am using virtio with debian 7/64
    You need to go back to settings and change again, at times they are reset somehow.
    Also, DHCP is not working, configure manually.

• earlearl Member

@Maounique

Thanks for pointing this out! I just got one :)

• trexostrexos Member

@Maounique said:
    I am using virtio with debian 7/64
    You need to go back to settings and change again, at times they are reset somehow.
    Also, DHCP is not working, configure manually.

Tried it with deb 7 32bit and set virtio again and it Doesnt work :/

What does not work? Do you see eth0? Did you configure it manually?

• trexostrexos Member

@Maounique said:
    What does not work? Do you see eth0? Did you configure it manually?

Connecting to the source server doesnt work

I am not sure what you mean, but I did this:
    1. Set it with virtio drivers for both storage and nic;
    2. Mounted the ISO and set it to boot from it;
    3. Booted the server and started to install from ISO via VNC (you can see the settings in details where you can also setup the pass);
    4. While doing network i saw DHCP does not work and dont need it to, so I set it up manually with the IP provided in the details section.
    Now I am posting this from there. A benchmark to follow shortly.

Thanked by 2lelewku trexos