Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you kidding me - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you kidding me

Comments

• DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: My advice is not to go back to Iran even for a visit, the countries out of control.This was posted today

Come on as i said america isnt much better. I am fed up with you americans calling out these countries. yet your own country is envolved in much worse. Like hundreds of thousands of deaths in afghanistan and iraq. and supporting the detention and death of innocent palestinians.

• rds100rds100 Member

Who says democracy is good? The Greeks are full of democracy... they even invented it... How does this help them?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said: Who says democracy is good? The Greeks are full of democracy... they even invented it... How does this help them?

They failed at basic math, not democracy

Francisco

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited May 2012

@DanielM said: Why should i be subject to foreign laws? If you broke a KSA law in america you would not get punished in say for instance saudi arabia? (As in ferried there and put to death) So why the other way round?

Did I say you should? No. Did I say that's what it takes? Yes.

Our country is "much worse" than Saudi Arabia or Iran? Not a chance. We are bad. We are not that bad.

By the way, breaking a Saudi law in America while not "touching" Saudi Arabia, is not the same as breaking an American law in another country while "touching" Saudi Arabia. Don't compare apples and oranges.

• rds100rds100 Member

@Francisco other countries have failed in the same too, but they admit their mistakes and work hard to correct them. The Greeks go on strike and protests day after day instead of trying to do some real work.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • DanielMDanielM Member
    edited May 2012

@DimeCadmium said: Our country is "much worse" than Saudi Arabia or Iran? Not a chance. We are bad. We are not that bad.

Are they responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths? simple answer is no they are not. So america is worse. Dont get me wrong. the saudi regime is pure evil. but still america isnt 100% better.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@DanielM said: Come on as i said america isnt much better. I am fed up with you americans calling out these countries. yet your own country is envolved in much worse. Like hundreds of thousands of deaths in afghanistan and iraq. and supporting the detention and death of innocent palestinians.

No country is perfect, but from what i've been reading about Iran they're absolutely out of control. In terms of the war in Iraq, why did the US sends its troops there in the first place? Bin laden attacked us with our own planes...not the best of ideas... BTW you know where they found Bin Laden? chill'n in a MANSION near the Pakistans capital... which totally makes sense? Also Iraqis ex-president Sadaam which they found hiding in some cave tested chemical weapons on his own people...so even though WMD weren't found, these weren't the friendliest of people. Granted it saddens me when anyone dies.

• rds100rds100 Member

Do you know who trained Bin Laden in the first place? ;-)

Thanked by 2DanielM Asim
  • DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: WMD weren't found, these weren't the friendliest of people.

Neither is George bush or barack obama but we have to live with them rather than bombing/killing them. You americans think you have high authority to decide who is in charge of countries. Accept it. you dont.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

No one really wins in war. Because of that 1 fatal day of 9/11 Americans have had many rights stripped (patriot act, ability to take to you to Guantanamo bay, with no due process, no trial and can be held indefinitely) and we have to put up with TSA's abuse at airports and soon bus stations and train stations. They violate you and your love ones through unsafe nude scanners that are thought to cause cancer, and through physical pat downs to where they touch your private areas as many times as they want. No ones immune, men, woman, children, it's sad and disgusting and even though congress recognizing the TSA aren't even effective they're too scared to get rid of them. So in that sense the terrorist won, 1 day of terror, 12+ years of fear and many lives lost in a war that can't be won. Sadly it's just going to keep getting worse, all the government needs to do is throw around the t word and they get greenlights to strip away more of our rights and keep everyone afraid. In terms of the middle eastern countries American troops have been fighting in, i'd imagine the moment they leave corruption and evil will take over again, and the hope that the troops brought for the locals will be stripped away. Everyone hopes for stabilization out there, but it's unfortunately probably unlikely.

So as an American i'm very grateful for the opportunities and freedoms I have, and try not to take any for granted. I'm no better than anyone and the only reason I have the opportunties etc...is because I was fortunate and blessed enough to be born on this side of the world. Many Americans look down upon those who weren't so fortunate, for example those from mexico even...and why? because they were born a few feet over an artificial border? It's sad but there's nothing I can do, besides continue to be grateful, and try and provide for my family and give back where I can.

So DanielM don't hate me because i'm an American, it's not the people as a whole who usually are the issue, it's the select few who get in power. Which I may never understand but i'm not going to get into that otherwise i'll be typing all day.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: So DanielM don't hate me because i'm an American

I dont hate you nor any other american person. Just the regime itself. But you americans ofter believe propaganda too much. Which results in you beliving bombing countries helps people, in reality it makes people hate you and we loose soldiers and more.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@DanielM said: I dont hate you nor any other american person. Just the regime itself. But you americans ofter believe propaganda too much. Which results in you beliving bombing countries helps people, in reality it makes people hate you and we loose soldiers and more.

War isn't pretty...no one is saying it is, but I guarantee you there are some locals to the regions that welcome American troops. Imagine growing up in a society that had little laws and terrorist could come kidnap your children and make them join their terror squad...and you not being able to do a single thing about it? You don't find that scary? No one should have to put up with that IMHO.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: Imagine growing up in a society that had little laws and terrorist could come kidnap your children and make them join their terror squa

Just because it isnt occupied by america doesnt meen its prone to terrorists.. But take this in mind. the IDF for example are considered terrorists in some parts of the world. as american troops are in iraq.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: magine growing up in a society that had little laws and terrorist could come kidnap your children and make them join their terror squad...and you not being able to do a single thing about it? You don't find that scary?

I know of no such instances of this. Most of these muslim dictatorships have very strong laws.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@DanielM said: I know of no such instances of this. Most of these muslim dictatorships have very strong laws.

Ok. http://worldnews.about.com/od/crime/tp/Top-Murder-Rates-In-The-World.htm

• DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: I can't imagine you're able to say that with a straight face...

i just did.

• taiprestaipres Member

@DanielM said: i just did.

Check the link.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@DimeCadmium That's like a women driving in the UK then getting extradited to Saudi Arabia for driving.

He did not break a single UK law, his actions were against US law but were not committed on US soil, hence he does not have to follow US law and he is a UK citizen.

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • DanielMDanielM Member

@taipres said: Check the link.

That happens to be a US-based site. which is biased.

• so ... any screens yet? lol

• taiprestaipres Member

@DanielM said: That happens to be a US-based site. which is biased.

Ok bud, well most the internet is US based sites, so no point continuing this.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres most the internet is US based sites? How you work that out.

Are you confusing web and internet? Most of the internet is users.

So most the internet is in China.

• @DanielM said: Are they responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths? simple answer is no they are not. So america is worse. Dont get me wrong. the saudi regime is pure evil. but still america isnt 100% better.

Uhh, yes they are. And those deaths are usually for purely religious reasons. Even if they had 1/100th, the fact they're for "religion" makes each one 1000x worse in my book.

• taiprestaipres Member

@Daniel said: @taipres most the internet is US based sites? How you work that out.

Are you confusing web and internet? Most of the internet is users.

So most the internet is in China.

I meant websites, but US has most servers too and deals with the most traffic. So every factor of the internet the US is the biggest player in except number of users of course(in terms of locals) as China has far more people.

• @Daniel said: @DimeCadmium That's like a women driving in the UK then getting extradited to Saudi Arabia for driving.

He did not break a single UK law, his actions were against US law but were not committed on US soil, hence he does not have to follow US law and he is a UK citizen.

I agree. But they WERE committed on US "soil", or at least they're arguing that, because in most cases they in some way "touched" the US (be it by servers, clients, whatever).

Now go back and read where I said I don't agree with it, but it's the way it unfortunately is. I won't say again because you clearly didn't read the first two times.

• @Daniel said: Are you confusing web and internet? Most of the internet is users.

He specifically said "sites". Which means he was referring to web. Users are not sites.

• @taipres The most servers part is probably not true, your end up finding Europe probably roughly matches it.

http://ripitup.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/trafficmap1.jpg

The internet has no central source, the US government seem to want to regulate the entire internet but they can't and never will since its impossible to regulate, do I care that they are trying? No.

• @DimeCadmium he said most the internet is us sites, which as a statement is not true.

• @DimeCadmium he said most the internet is us sites, which as a statement is not true.

So I take a picture of my mum driving her car and post it on a Saudi Arabia forum, does that mean she can be extradited?

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Ok bud, well most the internet is US based sites, so no point continuing this.

I was saying that specific site. Not all US based sites. For example http://www.infowars.com/ is a us based site. And you need to learn fact. not what you perceive.