Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you kidding me - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you kidding me

Comments

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@miTgiB said: @BassHost said: our goal was just to make those places a better place.

Our goal was just to makes these places a better place for our corporations to rape.

Oil.

FTFY.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@miTgiB Let us also not forget the extreme lawlessness and overlooked human rights violations in Afghanistan. I don't know if we made an impact on that or not, but it's more than enough reason to justify going there, whether it was the reason used or not.

• AsadAsad Member

@DimeCadmium said: We DID (help) set up a new (democratic) government. I disagree with that myself, but we do not RULE them.

Yeah the new "democratically" elected government is doing great isn't it?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@AsadHaider Negativity and always assuming nothing you do will work is hardly a productive way to live. Sometimes things don't work out as planned. Captain hindsight is a popular hero.

• @AsadHaider said: Yeah the new "democratically" elected government is doing great isn't it?

@DimeCadmium said: I disagree with that myself

Try again sir.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Afghanistan has oil? The country is very rich in minerals though.

• @SpeakWhatsReal said: Any private business can make there own regulations and rules regardless.

You can refuse service, but not suspend or terminate it once given. That means either refuse at signup, or perhaps refuse at renewal, not mid-way.

• @raindog308 said: "In my own personal Internet, I am KING! And you puny nations are BANNED!"

I am monarch of all I survey,
    My right there is none to dispute;
    From the centre all round to the sea,
    I am lord of the fowl and the brute.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@BassHost said: I want you to go to those countries and ask civilians what they think of the United States.

I'm assuming you mean the ones that didn't shoot at me on sight, yes?

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • A bit offtopic aren't we? :P

I have to say if the OP has a US based IP and address when ordering, then I don't see why he was kicked.

• I don't get this, TS lives in US now how da foq did they find out he's iranian? Did he just pay with an iranian credit card?da fok u have an iranian credit card if you live and work in the US now.

• SpencerSpencer Member

@cosmicgate said: I don't get this, TS lives in US now how da foq did they find out he's iranian? Did he just pay with an iranian credit card?da fok u have an iranian credit card if you live and work in the US now.

IP

• taiprestaipres Member

He said he friended the company on facebook

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited May 2012

wrong move.

• @cosmicgate said: I don't get this, TS lives in US

@PytoHost said: IP

Sorry, am I missing something here? I surely must be.

• AldryicAldryic Member

He took a stab in the dark for explanation, and missed badly.

Thanked by 1DimeCadmium
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Op My advice is not to go back to Iran even for a visit, the countries out of control.This was posted today http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/05/15/2013241/iranian-physics-student-from-ut-gets-10-years-in-jail-for-spying

"Omid Kokabee, a laser physics graduate student from the University of Texas who has been imprisoned in Tehran for the past 15 months, was sentenced to 10 years in jail on Sunday for allegedly conspiring with foreign countries against Iran. Kokabee was arrested in February 2011 while on a trip home, and charged with 'communicating with a hostile government' (i.e. Israel) and 'illegal earnings.' He has consistently denied the charges, and refused to speak at his trial, where no evidence against him was presented. Several international science groups, including the American Physical Society, have spoken up in his defense, and an online petition has been set up in support."

• ^ damn. I'm surprised I didn't hear about that (my sister goes to UT and I live in north Austin), but yeah... I have to agree.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

where are the screenies?

• KairusKairus Member

@taipres said: He has consistently denied the charges, and refused to speak at his trial, where no evidence against him was presented. Several international science groups, including the American Physical Society, have spoken up in his defense, and an online petition has been set up in support."

Honestly, I can't trust U.S. media on things like this, things like this always get spun to show a negative image of our "enemies" (and too often, it's just not true). I trust the U.S. media as much as I do the Iranian government, or the Chinese government. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but regardless... The U.S. government does similar things to people like this, except they're labeled as terrorists, and we keep them at Guantanamo Bay.

• @Kairus said: The U.S. government does similar things to people like this, except they're labeled as terrorists, and we keep them at Guantanamo Bay.

Yeah - but not (yet) for "communicating with a hostile government". (Though I do agree that the media blows it up far too often...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@bijan588 said: Ill post screenies in the morning, on my blackberry in bed.

It's well past morning in all possible US time zones :-0

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said: It's well past morning in all possible US time zones :-0

No internet access in Guantanamo, that's probably why ;)

• We worked it out, it was a misscommunication.

Google translate can go a long way when it comes to foreigners.

He thought I WAS living in Iran, he apologized and credited me a free 6 months of hosting on my 2gb plan.

I would get screens, but I am still, unfortunately not at a computer.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@bijan588 said: We worked it out, it was a misscommunication.

Google translate can go a long way when it comes to foreigners.

He thought I WAS living in Iran, he apologized and credited me a free 6 months of hosting on my 2gb plan.

I would get screens, but I am still, unfortunately not at a computer.

yeah don't post screens, the fact he gave you 6 months free...wow sounds like a great company to me. And his concern about Iran is understandable, again his company could be shutdown and him fined+possibly taken to court if he did business with an Irani citizen. It's not fair to the people out there, it's the government.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

could you pm the company? sounds like a great provider.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@BassHost said: We did take over them. I want you to go to those countries and ask civilians what they think of the United States. Anyhow we never ruled them ... our goal was just to make those places a better place.

Am sorry but you dont believe that bull do you? thats the same propaganda NATO and us-led forces have been pushing out for years. Its clear the population hates the nato and us-led forces thats why the soldiers are getting blown up and shot. You should stop watching fox news my friend.

• DanielMDanielM Member

@Daniel said: The EU is very strict on the human rights thing

So how come there is no sanctions on america them? Frequent HR abuses there and sponsered by them, abu ghraib,guantanamo bay,police brutality to name a few..

• DanielMDanielM Member

@DimeCadmium said: I'll admit we've taken over a number of countries. We did not take over Iraq or Afghanistan, and to say we did makes you look like an idiot.

You american people are more stupid than i thought i bet you still think you are over there to bring democracy dont you? Hows democracy in libya?

• DanielMDanielM Member

@DimeCadmium said: If you really don't want to be subject to extradition, don't break the law. Yes

Why should i be subject to foreign laws? If you broke a KSA law in america you would not get punished in say for instance saudi arabia? (As in ferried there and put to death) So why the other way round?