Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel said: Why would I want todo it.

Your so clueless, never mind you ruined it

• You shouldn't have DoS at 800mbps.
    Then again you have to burst high, but that was not a smart DoS.
    I don't think it ever will be smart. I'm sure any provider would see that burst, and suspended you on the spot. I'm surprised Ramnet kept it online just to question.

• aubsaubs Member
    edited April 2012

I still don't get why @taipres advertises his own LE VPS site on here. It's like walking into Tesco with a big placard advertising Asda, or in the US, Wal-Mart V's SuperValu, maybe? - Isn't that something that just isn't done? Yea, they slag each other off, but they don't insult each other.

@CVPS_Chris said: I love getting a rise out of everybody.

Don't we all ;-)

@Daniel said: I really don't understand your humour, but its probably because I'm British.

Please don't tarnish the British. We've got the best humour going - And I'm Welsh! :-D

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@Blackstorm72 said: . I'm surprised Ramnet kept it online just to question.

This is our policy:

1) We see outgoing network attack

2) We notify client of outgoing network attack

3) We take a look to see what is causing the outgoing attack, and shut it down for the client without impacting other things running on their server. (in the case of a php attack script, we chmod 000 the script and kill the associated php process, and tell the client to secure their web scripts).

4) If we can't find the source of the network attack, or if the attack starts up again, we suspend the server.

We did not just keep it online until the client got around to checking it. We would never do that for something this serious.

• @aubs said: I still don't get why @taipres advertises his own LE VPS site on here. It's like walking into Tesco with a big placard advertising Asda, or in the US, Wal-Mart V's SuperValu, maybe? - Isn't that something that just isn't done? Yea, they slag each other off, but they don't insult each other.

Why not? When I came here everyone kept telling me LET!=LEB and so far that's held true, so what do you care what my signature says? If you have no interest in my site, don't visit it, heh, is real simple.

• @aubs said: I still don't get why @taipres advertises his own LE VPS site on here. It's like walking into Tesco with a big placard advertising Asda, or in the US, Wal-Mart V's SuperValu, maybe? - Isn't that something that just isn't done? Yea, they slag each other off, but they don't insult each other.

@aubs said: Please don't tarnish the British. We've got the best humour going - And I'm Welsh! ;-)

Oh, so I guess I really do just have a bad sense of humour.

• @ramnet Understandable, I don't believe most hosts do what you do, at least the ones I've had don't, and have heard plenty of stories about them on WHT as well.

• @Blackstorm72 said: I don't believe most hosts do what you do

We follow similar principles, with the exception of we won't dig through a client's VM without their permission. There are other ways to track and see if an attack was intentional or the result of a compromise without violating client confidentiality.

• aubsaubs Member

@taipres said: Why not? When I came here everyone kept telling me LET!=LEB and so far that's held true, so what do you care what my signature says? If you have no interest in my site, don't visit it, heh, is real simple.

I've always thought of LET as being part of LEB, not necessarily being an extension of the actual LEB site as that would mean things discussed on here forming part of the LEB site, which as this is a more general discussion wouldn't be accurate for the purpose of which LEB is there for.

@Daniel said: Oh, so I guess I really do just have a bad sense of humour.

HaHa!! I was expecting someone to link to that. It was hilarious when I first heard it. It was a radio station that did that, not the chain itself.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@aubs said: It's like walking into Tesco with a big placard advertising Asda

More like walking into Tesco with a big placard advertising Uncle Joe's grocery store

• aubsaubs Member

@ramnet said: Seeing as were sold out at the moment and won't be restocking anything in a major way until June

... does that mean @taipres will be removing you from his site because you'll not have any stock for prospective customers? LoL

• @aubs said: ... does that mean @taipres will be removing you from his site because you'll not have any stock for prospective customers? LoL

Don't believe I've listed them actually, even if I had I wouldn't remove them no. I just don't list providers who during the time of being posted don't have any stock, or very limited stock, that's again, unfair to consumers. I also don't list providers who give me worse deals than what they give similar sites, and I never will(knowingly).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@taipres said: Don't believe I've listed them actually, even if I had I wouldn't remove them no. I just don't list providers who during the time of being posted don't have any stock, or very limited stock, that's again, unfair to consumers.

I guess limited has to be a period of time then? I know we put out lots but we still chew through it in a week to two tops.

Francisco

• aubsaubs Member

This thread and the others that have been raised in the last few hours or so really are shit.

If we're all supposed to be respectable people, why can't you rise above it? Don't put anyone down just because you don't like them. Grow up and grow some [even if you're a girl ;) ].

It's a boring read to be honest and it's a waste of yours, mine and everyone elses' time.

Yes, I have a VPS with BuyVM, but only because it was cheaper than the one I had before (UK based VooServers - Excellent service and everything, just slightly more expensive). The extra 100ms doesn't bother me at the moment, but cost does. Oh, I also have an active VPS with QuickWeb based in NZ. - I'm in the UK.

Please for the sake of sanity, give it a rest, stop dissing other people / businesses, it's stupid, childish, and not really of interest to other people.

• @aubs said: Grow up and grow some [even if you're a girl ;) ].

Thanked by 2netomx NateN34
  • Margaret Thatcher had bulls and her nickname was the Iron Lady

• aubsaubs Member

PMSL @Alddryic ... I love that. Yea, it's very true. The term means, be a man an grow up, generally ... I still want that pole dance ;-) HaHa!! x

• You don't want to know what I'll use for the pole :P

• aubsaubs Member

@taipres said: I just don't list providers who during the time of being posted don't have any stock, or very limited stock, that's again, unfair to consumers. I also don't list providers who give me worse deals than what they give similar sites, and I never will(knowingly).

For the record, that's removing consumer choice. A customer might want to wait for a specific host to have stock in order to get 'what they perceive to be the best deal available', not what you, as a webmaster, believe are the best options available.

On a personal level, I am definitely not knocking your site. I think it is potentially of huge benefit for the Low End VPS community. I just don't like and agree with the way you are going about promoting it and your choice of policies. That said, I don't have to use it, but I'm still not knocking it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic said: You don't want to know what I'll use for the pole :P

GOOSH GOOSH

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@aubs said: For the record, that's removing consumer choice. A customer might want to wait for a specific host to have stock in order to get 'what they perceive to be the best deal available', not what you, as a webmaster, believe are the best options available.

On a personal level, I am definitely not knocking your site. I think it is potentially of huge benefit for the Low End VPS community. I just don't like and agree with the way you are going about promoting it and your choice of policies. That said, I don't have to use it, but I'm still not knocking it.

I appreciate your well articulated opinion. The first part I disagree in that if I post a deal, and users see it and get excited only to reach company x's site and they're all sold out...that's really not good, and not worth the effort at that time in posting them. Not to mention there's plenty of quality hosts out there who aren't playing around, and actually have stock, for there not to be any type of shortage. And i'm happy to hear you like my site, positive feedback is always encouraging.

• aubsaubs Member

@Aldryic said: You don't want to know what I'll use for the pole :P

You don't know what I'd want you to us for the pole ;-P

• @taipres people on LET are going to love BuyVM because a lot of people here are customers and the staff of BuyVM actively interact with this community.

When you went on to start attacking BuyVM, you were attacking a company that makes up a huge part of this community, of course people will be angered and have an opposite view, myself included.

I welcome you to stay on these forums, some of your comments are great but you are free to voice your opinions of BuyVM, but please not shove it down our throats

Your site looks pretty cool by the way,

• @ErawanArifNugroho No, it was a very basic php socket script.

• :(..

I saw several months ago, there were something like ddos.pl in the internet. But it required so many packages in PECL.

And someone managed to take down one of biggest electronic company website in Asia which is located in Singapore. Until the ISP blocked the DDOS which eat 3TB in several minutes

• This isn't HackForums, gentlemen :P

• aubsaubs Member

@taipres said: I appreciate your well articulated opinion.

Thanks.

@taipres said: The first part I disagree in that if I post a deal, and users see it and get excited only to reach company x's site and they're all sold out...that's really not good, and not worth the effort at that time in posting them.

The point being, if in 10 days time, the currently 'un-stocked' (and so 'un-listed') host doesn't get shown to the prospective customer, they may loose out because you're not listing the host (maybe also through pig-headedness in not wanting to list the host), but still they don't get to know about a host, especially one who has a pretty well known reputation (even if you disagree).

@taipres said: Not to mention there's plenty of quality hosts out there who aren't playing around, and actually have stock, for there not to be any type of shortage.

I've never doubted it. There is a large number of hosts out there with an exceptional reputation, but those who are sometimes classed as the 'elite' and maybe more sort-after, should be expected that they will run out of stock.

@taipres said: And i'm happy to hear you like my site, positive feedback is always encouraging.

For the record, I didn't actually say I like your site. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like it, but in my previous posts, I didn't say I did like it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

BuyVM is trash. Can't keep their servers up for 3 hour intervals, overcharge for every service, support response time is well over 12 hours, and I'm pretty sure they're all really one guy using different names.

Wait, what are we talking about?

(if you don't get that this is a joke, you don't deserve to breathe)

• AldryicAldryic Member

How dare you accuse us of having multiple accounts for one person!

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar
This discussion has been closed.