Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member

@Daniel said: You claimed you were in manchester?

According to the premium section, he remains interest in both the US and UK, and does travel often.

• @Daniel said: I feel amazed that I managed to turn this thread completely upside down.

Stealin our thunder, what the hell man :(

@ramnet said: 2) "If you violate our Terms of Service then we reserve the right to disclose information about you to whomever we deem appropriate at our sole discretion."

Out of curiosity, do you ever lose any sales over that article? I could see a bunch of legitimate clients getting upset over the idea of their personal information potentially being sold to third parties (telemarketing, etc) over a possible misunderstanding.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Daniel said: I wasn't much in favour of you putting words into my mouth, and wasn't exactly the person with the idea to DoS your site (I won't reveal his identity).

Well everyone has disagreements online, taking it beyond that isn't very advantageous to yourself. Even if some other guy had the idea, you carrying it out leaves you with the bag and as I said before this is really serious stuff, and that's why I don't want you to get in trouble. I'm not sure how many VPS providers who read all this will be rushing to rent you a plan, but who knows, maybe they won't care. You putting ramnets business in potential jeopardy isn't good though. But in any case it's done, I'll be sure to not make anymore meme threads here and hopefully this turns out well for you, and you don't flood anybody else in the future.

• @taipres said: Well everyone has disagreements online, taking it beyond that isn't very advantageous to yourself. Even if some other guy had the idea, you carrying it out leaves you with the bag and as I said before this is really serious stuff, and that's why I don't want you to get in trouble. I'm not sure how many VPS providers who read all this will be rushing to rent you a plan, but who knows, maybe they won't care. You putting ramnets business in potential jeopardy isn't good though. But in any case it's done, I'll be sure to not make anymore meme threads here and hopefully this turns out well for you, and you don't flood anybody else in the future.

I had to admit, your post were pretty funny.

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@Aldryic said: Out of curiosity, do you ever lose any sales over that article? I could see a bunch of legitimate clients getting upset over the idea of their personal information potentially being sold to third parties (telemarketing, etc) over a possible misunderstanding.

It has never been an issue for us.

We have never actually used that provision of our terms of service to disclose things publicly about our clients (and that includes this thread btw).

Had Daniel not mentioned us by posting that email we would not have posted about his activities publicly.

In any case, we haven't actually revealed any personal information about our client in this thread anyway (such as his name or where he lives). We have simply confirmed what the client already admitted to (Daniel admitted he was a client of ours, and Daniel admitted an attack was coming out of his server with us, before I ever posted in this thread. Then, Daniel told everyone he was responsible for the abuse coming out of his server with us (we generally assume abuse coming from client servers is due to a security compromise, rather than blaming the client immediately), and then he posted a reference to a UK law confirming to everyone what country he was in, and Daniel is his username on here, which may or may not be his real name).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FTN_Kevin said: You should be scared, if only you knew what was happening in the premium section of WHT right now, as Ramnet and many others in the prem section are currently aware of what you're doing. Ramnet is in Manchester I believe, and he is seriously considering legal actions against you, however you can count on the authorities being involved

Link to the thread?
    I'm not seeing it but could easily be overlooking.

• @ramnet - Apologies, wasn't implying that you might do so or asking for justification for the clause. I understand the reasoning perfectly... it just amazes me how many people will overlook a TOS/AUP clause (with any company, us included) that they really should worry, or at least inquire, about.

• IvraatiemsIvraatiems Member
    edited April 2012

Either way, these are actually pretty damn funny. However, none of them change what a good provider buyVM is, or the fact that some people (cough @taipres cough) need to get over its popularity.

• ZettaZetta Member

@ramnet said: Even though he violated my terms, I won't be violating my terms by sending him a bill I advertise that my clients will never see.

Thanked by 1taipres
    edited April 2012

@Aldryic said: it just amazes me how many people will overlook a TOS/AUP clause (with any company, us included) that they really should worry, or at least inquire, about.

Really, we don't actually use that provision in our TOS/AUP anyway.

We actually treat that provision as "If you violate our Terms of Service we reserve the right to disclose information about you to law enforcement and private parties we deem appropriate at our sole discretion. We will never disclose anything publicly about our clients unless client initiates a discussion about us in a public medium."

Our website needs lots of updates - I've just ticked that one off my todo list and updated our privacy policy to closer reflect reality instead of being that liberal.

edited April 2012

Seeing as were sold out at the moment and won't be restocking anything in a major way until June, it'd be kinda stupid to make a thread to promote me. :P

I appreciate the thought though :P

• @cedric, others got a laugh, maybe your sense of humor is just lacking :P

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@BlueVM said: Unfortunately there is no such thing as bad publicity

My philosophy exactly.... its so true :)

• @taipres: Meme misuse is a serious problem. Perhaps you should consult your doctor. :)

Thanked by 1DimeCadmium
  • @cedric said: @taipres: Meme misuse is a serious problem. Perhaps you should consult your doctor. :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Damn, pages 1 to 2 were sooo good, page 3 is bad :( damn you!

@daniel, if you ever need anything my doors are open ;-)

• @CVPS_Chris said: @daniel, if you ever need anything my doors are open ;-)

Need wha?

@Daniel said: Need wha?

A turn of the cheek while you do your thing.

• @CVPS_Chris said: A turn of the cheek while you do your thing.

I really don't get what your trying to say.

@Daniel said: I really don't get what your trying to say.

Ah nvm, you fail.

• @CVPS_Chris said: A turn of the cheek while you do your thing.

If you mean turn of a cheek while he floods me again...that's not gonna end well, that'll make you and him liable.

• ZettaZetta Member

@CVPS_Chris said: A turn of the cheek while you do your thing.

WHOA WHOA KEEP IT CLEAN

• @CVPS_Chris So are you encouraging a DoS now? Is that what your trying to say.

hahaha ahhh I love getting a rise out of everybody.

• @CVPS_Chris said: hahaha ahhh I love getting a rise out of everybody.

I really don't understand your humour, but its probably because I'm British.

• The popcorn's getting a tad expensive, guys <_<

@Daniel said: I really don't understand your humour, but its probably because I'm British.

Yes I was condoning you DDoS people and made it look like I would let you do it without any trouble just to see what you and others would say.

I would obviously never allow it haha

• @CVPS_Chris said: Yes I was condoning you DDoS people and made it look like I would let you do it without any trouble just to see what you and others would say.

Why would I want todo it.

This discussion has been closed.