Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greenvaluehost.com already giving me a headache!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greenvaluehost.com already giving me a headache!

Tony20Tony20 Member
edited March 2014 in Providers

Hello guys!

My English is limited, but I am going to try to do my best to explain my problem with greenvaluehost.com.

I have one account for about 3 weeks.

I like their deals and the ways the VPS is running.

So I order another one.

I am a adult and none adult webmaster.

I ask GVH before I purchase if they allow adult site, they said yes is allow.

As I am setting my domain today I notice a DNS error
"ERROR: No reverse DNS (PTR) entries. The problem MX records are:
.in-addr.arpa -> no reverse (PTR) detected
You should contact your ISP and ask him to add a PTR record for your ips"

Ok I submited a new support ticked.

For GVH to fix my Reverse MX A records (PTR) because is disable in the SolusVM panel.

"Jon Nguyen - Operations Director"

reply to my ticket.

part of the tickets.

Jon: "What are these VPSes being used for that requires this PTR record to be set?"

Me: Hosting my websites.

Jon: You need to be more descriptive than that.

Me: Hello! I use my VPS for Hosting my websites.

I do NO have emailing list, and I do NO send spam.
with me you will NO have tha problem.. I have more then 10 hosting acc.
with different provider some for over 10 yrs and never had a problem.

Jon: Your websites look fishy and if you do not have an emailing list/send bulk emails whether it is legitimate or not you do not need PTR records.

Me: Hello Jon! I have 2 hosting acc with you. my other domain My Reverse MX records was set as default .. I did NO had to send a ticket.

Jon: Hello,

I'm sorry, I am unable to understand what you are trying to explain.

Could you please elaborate on it so that we may better-assist you?

Me: Hello, "Your websites look fishy"
and if you do not have an emailing list/send bulk emails whether it is legitimate or not you do not need PTR records.

I personaly take that as a Insult.
there are nothing fishy about my websites..

I am a adult and none adult webmaster.
before a purchase your service.. I ask i you allow Adult website

This websites ware hosted at reversehosts.com ware I have another acc for mysite.com I Just Cancel the mydomain,com it today, because your deals it better.
I have acc at flipperhost, mydomain.com hawkhost mydomain.com, reliablehostingservices mydomain

Sir you should think before you assume.
I pay with my verified paypal that I use for my none adult site.

plus I gives you my name uin adress.

Me: I am saying that I have two accounts with your company,
and my other domains Mywebsite.com
mywebsite.com I did NOT had to submit a support ticket for your to fix my Reverse MX A records (PTR) because it wast set as default!

I have never had a problem having a hosting company fixing my reverse IP address.

NO Reply from GVH just.

I cancel my acc with another provider today and move my domain to GVH.

I never thought I would have this problem.

Ps. for the record this website is a Adult links dump.. ware others adult webmasters promote by submitting text links.

I feel insulted by greenvaluehost.com comments.

if they needed reference I could had given it to them!

beacause I have about 10 other hosting providers. and I have never had, any of my domains cancel.

Comments

• He should update his TOS: "No fishy websites allowed."

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2014

Some providers do cross that line I feel, being too impartial/judgemental about what is hosted. ToS should draw an obvious line so clients can know beforehand.

He has a point about the reverse PTR. No big deal for hosting your site but can cause issues with email deliverability. It looks like you want to mass email but you're sidestepping the issue, and he knows it.

If you simply said "I want to make sure the limited number of emails I send are more likely to reach inboxes", the conversation may have went differently.

• Can I place a adult link in here?? I want you guys to see my website and tell me what the hell is fishy! I am piss off!

• That is the problem with google if you do NO have a PTR they block you mails.. PTR is a must!

• @Tony20 said:
    Can I place a adult link in here?? I want you guys to see my website and tell me what the hell is fishy! I am piss off!

Just give a warning but it should be fine.

• Ok!

NSFW Adult Only

My "fishy" website nastydump.com

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • I have only submitter 2 support tickets, the first one was if they can enable the back-up in my SolusVM panel, they reply NO... alI my VPS provider enable it when ask, so I can backup my VPS Containers!

• @Tony20 said:
    Ok!

NSFW Adult Only

My "fishy" website nastydump.com

Hilarious titles!

Thanked by 2darkshire gattytto
  • @serverian said:
    Hilarious titles!

LOL! That site was hosted with another provider here, with I still have another account with , I cancel it today, because more memory and disk space with GVH.

• iSkyiSky Member

ROFL @Tony20 you're not the first or even the first ten that got confused by them. They offer bigger RAM, bigger storage, Bigger BW but you're restricted, very stricted to use them

• I am simply going to submit another support ticket, and ask GVH to fix my Reverse MX A records.. I need it because google block my emails if I do NO have one! If they do Not I'm going to cancel my accounts., here I see others providers .

• My last ticket to GVH!

"Hello I need my Reverse MX A records (PTR) fix"

I need my Reverse MX A records (PTR) fix, because I get emails from my websites if I do NOT have this records Google will block my emails. which are critical for runing my websites.

• Here just copy-paste this into your ticket

Please create a PTR Record for my VPS because your Control Panel does not let me. I need this PTR Record because Google rejects any mail from a IP that does not have correct Reverse DNS. Whether my website looks fishy or not is none of your concern, please just forward this request for Reverse DNS to ColoCrossing.

• Jon, Reverse DNS can cause no harm, there is no reason to deny this request.

Also, don't be so judgmental about whether a website looks fishy. It really doesn't matter.

@GreenValueHost

• "Fishiness" questions aside, I have never had an issue with any host ever setting such a record for me. The only question I've gotten from a host is whether or not I had a corresponding 'A' record set in my DNS before they created the PTR record.

• iSkyiSky Member

this drama is still going on even after the public apologizing. Still the attitude never change. Regret to trust them back there

• hmm, i will try to set PTR with GVH, let's see what happen..

• BellaBella Member

I do not recommend using GVH for hosting a website. Their network speeds are pretty slow.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • Absolutely no sympathy here. You should have seen the other threads about them..

• Want fiszy plöxxx

• low price isnt always good

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • BruceBruce Member

I'm not surprised you had trouble. you're aware that scat is illegal in many countries, and that domain name suggests that. what kind of visitor do you attract with a domain like that. not the kind that GVH want I presume. the actual content is not the problem.

the problem is that other companies will think the same, and harass GVH as a result. so GVH will be forced to take action. I'd suggest an offshore host for a domain like that. those who blacklist a host / IP will not want to check the site content with a domain like that, they will just assume it is illegal.

my advice - dump that domain name (pun intended)

• Bruce dump > @Bruce said:

I'm not surprised you had trouble. you're aware that scat is illegal in many countries, and that domain name suggests that. what kind of visitor do you attract with a domain like that. not the kind that GVH want I presume. the actual content is not the problem.

the problem is that other companies will think the same, and harass GVH as a result. so GVH will be forced to take action. I'd suggest an offshore host for a domain like that. those who blacklist a host / IP will not want to check the site content with a domain like that, they will just assume it is illegal.

my advice - dump that domain name (pun intended)

Hello Bruce!

Dump means many things.

just search keyword "dump" on google and you will get stores, landfills ....
    https://www.google.com/search?q=the+dump&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=dump&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Also "nasty" you will get songs, stores... you just can not assume.

The website have a Title & Description of the adult content.

On the HTML meta tag

META NAME="RATING" CONTENT="Mature"

meta name="warning" content="adults only"

Tony.

• BruceBruce Member

you can explain it how you like. just saying what will be assumed by those who can and will penalise GVH for hosting such a domain.

trust someone who's first language is english. that domain shouts "illegal content inside"

• @Bruce said:
    trust someone who's first language is english. that domain shouts "illegal content inside"

No, it doesn't. Trust someone who isn't a sick pervert. I honestly never thought it had anything to do with 'scat' until I read your post.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • BruceBruce Member

@sycotic said:
    Trust someone who isn't a sick pervert.

pervert sometimes, but not a sick pervert. just aware that others have extreme interests

• @Bruce said:
    pervert sometimes, but not a sick pervert. just aware that others have extreme interests

Whoosh.

• iSkyiSky Member

high five @imitiax

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

GVH is for those people who don't have intention to use their VPS for serious matter Lolz No Serious Case, No Problem, No headache :-P

Thanked by 2namhuy netomx
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited March 2014

I was not convinced that you had legitimate intentions and you seemed like someone who was going to send bulk spam mail with your PTR records which is why I declined to set them for you.

We don't welcome spammers here and we like our blocks to be clean. I'm still not convinced that you're going to be using your account for legitimate purposes so therefore I'm cancelling your account and issuing you a refund.

Best of luck at your future host.