Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• Hehe, on trying to sign up I get this error:

Unable to create account: (REMOTE) Server responded with unknown HTTP code: 301

• edited March 2014

@davea is there going to be any limit on how many servers you can have up/create in xyz amount of time and how long they have to stay up before being destroyed?

I had an idea for a project but it would require frequent creation/destruction of vms on an hourly/bihourly basis.

This idea is for when snapshots/custom images and the ability to make vms via the api comes out

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Void_Whisperer said: This idea is for when snapshots/custom images and the ability to make vms via the api comes out

That is one of the usages clouds are intended for. However, you can do that in a reseller solusvm account too....

• tchentchen Member

@Void_Whisperer said:
    davea is there going to be any limit on how many servers you can have up/create in xyz amount of time and how long they have to stay up before being destroyed?

I had an idea for a project but it would require frequent creation/destruction of vms on an hourly/bihourly basis.

This idea is for when snapshots/custom images and the ability to make vms via the api comes out

Are you sure you want to put that on a system that 'sold out' ? Even if they had a deployment API, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it unless they addressed their capacity issues.

• @tchen said:
    Are you sure you want to put that on a system that 'sold out' ? Even if they had a deployment API, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it unless they addressed their capacity issues.

It would be deploying low ram vpses in chi cago for short periods of time, and its a pet project so if they run out of capacity it won't be a huge issue

• @Maounique said:
    That is one of the usages clouds are intended for. However, you can do that in a reseller solusvm account too....

My reason for wanting to do it here is the hourly cost of the vms as they would only live an hour or two

• AleksZAleksZ Member
    edited March 2014

seems that "2XRAM" Coupon Code does not work
    ok. deal is gone.
    official ticket was closed in 42 sec (huh)

• Glad I upgraded my two VULTR servers with the 2XRAM coupon, so I have a 1 GB and a 2 GB server for $13/mo :)

• @myhken said:
    Glad I upgraded my two VULTR servers with the 2XRAM coupon, so I have a 1 GB and a 2 GB server for $13/mo :)

I have 2x 1GB and 1x 4GB for $25 a month :)

• DH22DH22 Member

@AleksZ said:
    seems that "2XRAM" Coupon Code does not work
    ok. deal is gone.
    official ticket was closed in 42 sec (huh)

Well that is disappointing. I had not taken advantage of it yet since it sounded like it wasn't going to expire anytime soon...

@fan said:
    DaveA When will the current double payment and memory promotion end?

@DaveA said:
    fan No end date right now, we will most likely leave it until everything's fully augmented.

• @DaveA why did the 2x RAM coupon end so soon? :(((

• @kerouac said:
    DaveA why did the 2x RAM coupon end so soon? :(((

It did say on their news page where the coupon was first listed that it was only for the weekend.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited March 2014

Not true. The news does not say it is only for the weekend. It only says "Let's get the weekend started off on the right foot!" which certainly does not in any way indicate it is only valid for the weekend. I had been wondering if it was for just the weekend though until DaveA posted suggesting it was going to valid for awhile.

Figured since it seemed clear it was going to be valid longer I'd wait until Windows and/or more locations became available.

Maybe I incorrectly assumed DaveA works at Vultr? Anyone able to confirm?

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • @DH22 said:
    Not true. The news does not say it is only for the weekend. It only says "Let's get the weekend started off on the right foot!" which certainly does not in any way indicate it is only valid for the weekend. I had been wondering if it was for just the weekend though until DaveA posted suggesting it was going to valid for awhile.

Figured since it seemed clear it was going to be valid longer I'd wait until Windows and/or more locations became available.

Maybe I incorrectly assumed DaveA works at Vultr? Anyone able to confirm?

@DaveA does work for vultr

• Void_Whisperer said: @DaveA does work for vultr

cough Owner of Choopa cough

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • fanfan Veteran

That was fast, planned get another one later, hope there can be more like this in the future.

• udkudk Member

@DaveA: any ETA on UK availability?

• I managed to get a 1GB only. The offer gone too fast~
    Hope they will coming up with more offers in future...

• tommytommy Member

not too fast when deploy FreeBSD, but I can live with :P

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited March 2014

We're building out our server farms! We're increasing our capacity by 50,000%. All USA Locations will be ready to go very soon. With these new server farms will come great new features. Thanks for your patience while we roll out this great product around the globe!

-The Vultr Team!

Are they increasing with 50% or 50.000%?? ;) But still good news. But I really hope to see more locations ready before you add more space in the ones you already have online @DaveA

• @myhken said:

Looks like Fifty Thousand Percent.

• tchentchen Member

US company => thousands comma

• edited March 2014

This must be a hell of an investment by them if they are putting up this many nodes.

• 32-bit Operating Systems now Available!

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • ReeceReece Member

@Void_Whisperer said:
    This must be a hell of an investment by them if they are putting up this many nodes.

If you think about it, this double credit promo got them a lot of investment ;)

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited March 2014

@activecoupon @DaveA - thank you for 32bit OS templates. VULTR is getting better and better for each day. :D Keep up the good work.

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • Loaded $100 last week. Been awesome so far!

• I wish I would've taken them up more on the 2xRAM coupon and did 2x 2GB instead of 2x 1GB.. oh well, maybe they will do another eventually. :)

• Loaded $100 but missed 2XRAM. Will follow this thread to see if there is updated coupons :-)

• udkudk Member

I seem to be getting someone else's IP on my account