Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• I really liked japan location (tokyo), but bandwith only 100 GB
    and can't upgrade :(

• @orenji said:
    I really liked japan location (tokyo), but bandwith only 100 GB
    and can't upgrade :(

That is likely because BW may be more expensive in japan.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

orenji said: bandwith only 100 GB and can't upgrade :(

You "upgrade" by paying $0.15/GB for overages.

Void_Whisperer said: That is likely because BW may be more expensive in japan.

Must be also why all Japanese providers just give 100 Mbit unmetered, right.

• @rm_ said:
    Must be also why all Japanese providers just give 100 Mbit unmetered, right.

sorry that I don't live in japan.

• I'm big in Japan.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • For japanese lovers linode offers unmetered inbound + 2tb outbound for $20 as @rm_ previously stated.

• @DaveA will there be limitations put on disk/network/etc use in the ToS eventually to prevent abuse?

• awsonawson Member

@imperio said:
    For japanese lovers linode offers unmetered inbound + 2tb outbound for $20 as rm_ previously stated.

And other JP providers offeer "unlimited" in/out for $6.50 monthly: http://www.ablenet.jp/vps/service/plan_fee_en.html

• Yea, and as much as as rm likes to state it its simply not true - These offers, just like formerly 10/100Mbit unmetered in EU, are targeted to local traffic (or at least ASEAN), not international. They DO kick you for using too much int (tested!).

• Interesting bug/intentional - can't tell: 4096mb = 3993mb of ram

• Void_Whisperer said: 4096mb = 3993mb

Hmm... I thought that's pretty common for KVM-based VPS and dedicated servers?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Even Xen-PV.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

because of kernel

• tommytommy Member

sh*t they have FreeBSD. Time to get 1 :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

William said: targeted to local traffic (or at least ASEAN), not international. They DO kick you for using too much int (tested!).

Dunno how much is too much, but of course on these one shouldn't run Tor with the expectation to use full 30 TB every month. Aside from that, used around 1 TB of international bandwidth some months on these JP providers, no problems whatsoever. I guess the answer is to be "reasonable", no one will kick you for using 1-2-3 TB, just don't try to saturate your port 100% 24x7.

• JP vs SG, I still prefer SG.

• @eLohkCalb said:
    Hmm... I thought that's pretty common for KVM-based VPS and dedicated servers?

I didn't know that. :L

• Sorry, would anyone give a tldr? Is it good/recommended?

• @jcaleb said:
    Sorry, would anyone give a tldr? Is it good/recommended?

I put in $75 with them and got it doubled a week or so ago;
    The network is amazing, no downtime as of yet. Their support is fairly quick. It's like DO essentially but with less bugs and a better network.

• Void_Whisperer said: I put in $75 with them and got it doubled a week or so ago; The network is amazing, no downtime as of yet. Their support is fairly quick. It's like DO essentially but with less bugs and a better network.

thank you. is double the first deposit still ok?

• @jcaleb said:
    thank you. is double the first deposit still ok?

Yes, judging by their website... and IIRC they had a double RAM coupon when you deploy a server. Not sure if it's still valid.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • NickkNickk Member
    edited March 2014

Void_Whisperer said: like DO essentially but with less bugs

Except for the part where other clients services were showing up under people's accounts.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nick said: Except for the part where other clients services were showing up under people's accounts.

IIRC DO had a similar issue, or maybe I am confusing things.

• @Nick said:
    Except for the part where other clients services were showing up under people's accounts.

They fixed that very fast though

• good for torrenting?

• infected said: good for torrenting?

No, US.

• ZachCZachC Member
    edited March 2014

All of their locations, except Amsterdam, are currently sold out. :( Was about to deploy in Chicago but, nope.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Yes, judging by their website... and IIRC they had a double RAM coupon when you deploy a server. Not sure if it's still valid.

I just tried. Still working! Too bad AU and JP already sold out :(

• @seikan said:

I personally put 2x 1GB and 1x 4GB in chicago because I host game servers there... All that for $25 a month. I hope they stay as good as they are now! :)

• i quiet like the design and price offered...