Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• edited March 2014

Edit: Double posted an edit by accident. Whoops

• @DaveA said:
    Void_whisperer - yes

That is really, really awesome. I am not regretting going with you guys :)

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Btw DaveA, we are allowed to use most of the 1/2/etc core given on our servers, right? (I ask because the game servers I host use like 50%)

I'd doubt that.

• @DaveA that coupon is a really good idea. Used it on two servers now.
    Still, I miss CentOS 6.x 32bit OS as a template. :(
    All other things is working really great with your services. This have the potential.

• DaveADaveA Member

@myhken - Lets see what we can do about that... stay tuned. Windows is coming next week too

• @DaveA looking better and better. Too bad I only added $50. ($100 credit). Have you any ETA on when we can upload our own .iso files? Or do you allow us to use our own Windows license? (I'm using BizSpark licenses that you actually can use on a production VPS).

• edited March 2014

@serverian said:

Either way, they are still offering a rather amazing service.

• @DaveA said:
    Void_whisperer - yes

Hopefully you guys don't end up overselling the nodes, because currently they are doing pretty good.

• awsonawson Member

@DaveA said:
    Windows is coming next week too

If it's the same cost as the Linux instances, then you win me over DO.

• @amarc said:
    And DO gives you Windows for f(r)ee ?

DO don't even offer Windows or own .iso, so if he is using Windows he is not using DO :D

• DaveADaveA Member

@myhken - .ISO - Week of March 17th +/- , The Windows VPS we sell will be fully licensed, pricing will be released when the product goes live. With ISO deployment you are free to bring your own OS.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @DaveA said:
    myhken - .ISO - Week of March 17th +/- , The Windows VPS we sell will be fully licensed, pricing will be released when the product goes live. With ISO deployment you are free to bring your own OS.

Can we get confirmation that the 'customer data' collisions that cropped up in this thread are fixed? https://vpsboard.com/topic/3607-choopa-sends-out-vultr-to-drown-in-the-digitalocean/

I'm slightly worried if my billing data and servers are being exposed.

• DaveADaveA Member

@Void_Whisperer -- That was a zero-day bug that affected 4 accounts. CC Information is stored on our merchant banks servers, never on ours (Other than last 4 digits).

• @DaveA said:
    Void_Whisperer -- That was a zero-day bug that affected 4 accounts. CC Information is stored on our merchant banks servers, never on ours (Other than last 4 digits).

And the fact that they were able to see other people's servers?

• DaveADaveA Member

@void_Whisperer - The issue was resolved right away and a post was made about it.

• @DaveA said:
    void_Whisperer - The issue was resolved right away and a post was made about it.

Fair enough. Trying to sort out and odd issue with a 512MB being a bit slow

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited March 2014

@DaveA ETA on Debian 7 32bit?

Also any reason why Choopa was removed from the TOS?
    https://www.google.com/#q=site:vultr.com+choopa&safe=off

• @bdtech said:
    DaveA ETA on Debian 7 32bit?

Also any reason why Choopa was removed from the TOS?
    https://www.google.com/#q=site:vultr.com+choopa&safe=off

I'm also curious why they would do that.

• DaveADaveA Member

@bdtech - We'll look into adding 32 bit OS's next week.

• fanfan Veteran

@DaveA When will the current double payment and memory promotion end?

• @DaveA said:
    bdtech - We'll look into adding 32 bit OS's next week.

You still didn't answer my choopa was removed from the ToS :p

• DaveADaveA Member

@void_whisperer because its irrelevant.

@fan No end date right now, we will most likely leave it until everything's fully augmented.

• edited March 2014

@DaveA said:
    void_whisperer because its irrelevant.

fan No end date right now, we will most likely leave it until everything's fully augmented.

As long as it still means you guys have your great network, then fine by me

• marcmmarcm Member

@DaveA Any chance of offering storage plans bigger than 640GB?

• DaveADaveA Member

@marcm - Sure, we're listening, how much would you like to see?

• @DaveA
    Thinking about more locations for these storage plans? Would be good to see in other places then just NJ.

Any more exact eta on Aussie servers?

• DaveADaveA Member

@autosnipe - We're definitely thinking about it. We don't want to spill too many beans but lots of storage options are coming. Aussie servers are a top priority, we're thinking late March by the time everything is fully integrated.

• marcmmarcm Member

DaveA said: @marcm - Sure, we're listening, how much would you like to see?

@DaveA 1TB and 2TB plans would be nice. If it's not possible then I'm also looking at how I could possibly use GlusterFS and put together multiple VPS servers. Thanks for replying.

• I've been using my Vultr Cloud instances for the better part of the week and love it :) Vultr has potential as its backed by gameservers.com / choopa. As of a couple days ago (give or take) they opened up stock on the Tokyo location, kinda cool to have a VPS in Japan.

I will be writing a full review about Vultr once I have been with them longer, but these are my initial impressions.