Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• edanedan Member
    edited March 2014

@DaveA - just destroying my old instance and redeploy it with doubled RAM, sorry for that :)

Update: and I got same IP address, that's great!

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited March 2014

I'm seeing packetloss on 2 servers I have with them in AMS right now, anybody has the same issue?

Edit: They fixed the issue ~20mins after opening a ticket.

• @DaveA: A good thing to be implemented would be for us to be able to see our total BW used/month out of our total :)

• Also, not that it bothers me much but apparently 512x2 = 996

• Hope digitalocean deadpools.... overhyped

• @asterisk14 said:
    Hope digitalocean deadpools.... overhyped

DO has mutiple million dollars of funding.. they most likely are not going to deadpool any time soon.

• Be weary of vultr's double ram promo... while you do get double the ram... you loose CPU Ghz

$15 Plan before:
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 3399.994 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2003 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2047 MB
    System uptime : 2 days, 22:41,
    Download speed : (54.6MB/s)
    I/O speed : 272MB/s

$15 Plan After:
    CPU model : Vultr Virtual CPU 1
    CPU frequency : 2133.408 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 3954 MB
    Total amount of swap : 4093 MB
    System uptime : 50 min,
    Download speed : (103MB/s)
    I/O speed : 347MB/s

• @ronaldgrn are you sure you did not go for the high storages plan? There you only get 2 Ghz CPU.

My France server with 2xRAM:
    CPU model : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge) Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 3499.998 MHz Total amount of ram : 1877 MB Total amount of swap : 3071 MB

And my Netherlands server with 2xRAM:
    CPU model : Vultr Virtual CPU 2 Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 3300.012 MHz Total amount of ram : 996 MB Total amount of swap : 2015 MB

• @ronaldgrn said:
    Be weary of vultr's double ram promo... while you do get double the ram... you loose CPU Ghz

$15 Plan before:
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU frequency : 3399.994 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2003 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2047 MB
    System uptime : 2 days, 22:41,
    Download speed : (54.6MB/s)
    I/O speed : 272MB/s

$15 Plan After:
    CPU model : Vultr Virtual CPU 1
    CPU frequency : 2133.408 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 3954 MB
    Total amount of swap : 4093 MB
    System uptime : 50 min,
    Download speed : (103MB/s)
    I/O speed : 347MB/s

I doubled the 512MB and my cpu frequency is still 3.2GHz

• ronaldgrnronaldgrn Member
    edited March 2014

I am pretty sure I have the Performance plan (check IO Speed) also

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/vda1 36G 2.0G 32G 6% / udev 2.0G 4.0K 2.0G 1% /dev tmpfs 791M 236K 791M 1% /run none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock none 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /run/shm

• @ronaldgrn: Maybe just a failure on their end. You could try to destroy the instance and create a new one.

• Tried that numerous times... Apparantly its an issue in new jersey only, even when i try without the 2X Promo i still get 2.2 Ghz, im sure their support will resolve it eventually, until then just letting everyone know to check their stats

• @ronaldgrn said:
    Tried that numerous times... Apparantly its an issue in new jersey only, even when i try without the 2X Promo i still get 2.2 Ghz, im sure their support will resolve it eventually, until then just letting everyone know to check their stats

Sounds logic, as NJ is the only location that also offers 2ghz cpu's with the storage plans.

• My 3.2GHz servers are in chicago

• Okay.. they fixed it (yay quick support)... now.. what to do with those 2 faulty servers i spent hours configuring :(

• @ronaldgrn said:
    Okay.. they fixed it (yay quick support)... now.. what to do with those 2 faulty servers i spent hours configuring :(

Hm.. tell them to fix it there aswell?

• i choose Japan Location, but why so Choopa ?

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited March 2014

@orenji said:
    i choose Japan Location, but why so Choopa ?

Try - ./speedtest-cli --share --server 4497

EDIT: Choopa, LLC owns Vultr and their HQ is in New Jersey hence the IP's being geolocated there.

Thanked by 1orenji
  • @rmlhhd said:
    EDIT: Choopa, LLC owns Vultr and their HQ is in New Jersey hence the IP's being geolocated there.

thanks man :D

• DaveADaveA Member
    edited March 2014

The only way you get 2GHz is if you select a storage plan versus Performance. Performance instances are only provisioned on 3GHz+ with SSD. Regardless of the double RAM promo or not. Just in case theres an error with our provisioning, I will fwd this to our dev team to confirm.

EDIT: There was a provisioning bug, it is fixed.

• @DaveA said:
    The only way you get 2GHz is if you select a storage plan versus Performance. Performance instances are only provisioned on 3GHz+ with SSD. Regardless of the double RAM promo or not. Just in case theres an error with our provisioning, I will fwd this to our dev team to confirm.

EDIT: There was a provisioning bug, it is fixed.

@DaveA: What's the likelihood of us getting a total BW used monitor thing in the cpanel?

• It's a shame they don't geolocate the IPs to Japan. Maybe it's due to the way they allocate IPs, I don't know. But it'd be a real plus if your Japan server would actually be geolocated in Japan by it's IP.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @mpkossen said:
    It's a shame they don't geolocate the IPs to Japan. Maybe it's due to the way they allocate IPs, I don't know. But it'd be a real plus if your Japan server would actually be geolocated in Japan by it's IP.

^this

• GeoLocation databases usually don't get updated overnight, even if you ask them to. It will probably take some months before the location is correctly recognized.

• @davea any ETA for self-service ISO mounts? If I raise a ticket, can an ISO be mounted?

• DaveADaveA Member

@craigb - Not at this time. ISOs are top of the list, but there are some things on the backend we must complete before rolling that feature out.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited March 2014

@DaveA - any ETA on API deploy functionality. Also I recommend you setup an IRC Channel.

• I hope they eventually add the bandwidth monitor I suggested twice now so that people don't get random overages

• @rmlhhd said:
    DaveA - any ETA on API deploy functionality. Also I recommend you setup an IRC Channel.

I want this too.

• @mpkossen said:
    It's a shame they don't geolocate the IPs to Japan. Maybe it's due to the way they allocate IPs, I don't know. But it'd be a real plus if your Japan server would actually be geolocated in Japan by it's IP.

Another user posted his ticket response from VULTR here:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/494985/#Comment_494985

30-60 days before GEOIP is updated.

Thanked by 1mpkossen