Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• Dallas and Los Angeles now fully deployed! Launch instances @ http://t.co/AJEFF1XRvn

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • DoucheBagzDoucheBagz Member
    edited March 2014

Had my first downtime this morning. Was my only Amsterdam instance. Server still currently down, went down about 5 hours according to NodeQuery. I raised a ticket with support and after a few minutes was advised that they are aware of it, and that it is because of hardware issues on the node.

+1 for response time, but I feel they could of notified me, as the only reason I found out it was down was due to NodeQuery. Surely there must be quite a number of instances affected. I know their sister company GameServers offers this, if any maintenance at all affects your server, you will be notified. The server status page is also showing the server page shows "Up and Running" currently also.

Other than that, enjoying the service so far. All other instances working.

EDIT: Server up and running once more. 5 1/2 hours downtime. Do not know what the issue with the node was at this stage.

• Has anyone confirmed for me, Vultr opened STMP port?

• I had to have mine opened by contacting support and providing ID verification, but it is now open for all my instances

• DaveADaveA Member

Unfortunately a mainboard partially failed in your node. It took longer than usual to diagnose what was causing the issue because things appeared normal. Once we identified the mainboard as the problem it was replaced and the node came back online. We will review the methods of procedure and adjust accordingly should this very rare circumstance occur again.

• DaveADaveA Member

@activecoupon said:
    Has anyone confirmed for me, Vultr opened STMP port?

@activecoupon - We will be adjusting our SMTP policy based on fraud score and payment method. This means most accounts will have SMTP available and only flagged accounts will require further verification. We anticipate to begin this policy next week.

Thanked by 2vbap AlexanderM
  • Thanks for the information DaveA, loving the service so far. Can't wait for Sydney DC to come online!

• Hmm, I see the $5 package now comes with 768MB of RAM. Pretty sweet.

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited March 2014

@mpkossen More RAM less HDD

• @bdtech said:
    mpkossen More RAM less HDD

Less HDD? Didn't notice. Then again, 15GB isn't exactly tiny.

• And still no DDoS protection unfortunately :(

• n0myn0my Member

I had asked them few days ago about ddos and bandwidth...

http://i.imgur.com/Q56AB8X.png

• @DaveA do you guys allow gre tunnels on the vpses?

• Problem with DO: No extra IPv4 supported (in fact quite stingy ridiculously)
    Problem with Vultr: Even worse than above, only 1 ip which has SMTP blocked by default.

• @DaveA do you guys have any affiliate program?

• no they don't have, but working on it ;)

• @pauliakas said:
    no they don't have, but working on it ;)

Problem here is they are working on everything and delivering none.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

luissousa said: Problem here is they are working on everything and delivering none.

That is a huge undertaking, this is why they give a lot of perks and discounts now, because the service is not fully functional, so you get it at a discount, in a sense.

• When do you expect to have more IPs available ? thanks

• Void_Whisperer said: Read what I said. :p

How do you take those tests ?

• edanedan Member

luissousa said: Problem here is they are working on everything and delivering none.

This is a new product and they continue to develop it intensively so this conditions are still understandable, at least they have the vision, and the main thing is the quality of their network.

• Their offer looks pretty, but the latency to their Asian location seems to be bad.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

infolink said: Their offer looks pretty, but the latency to their Asian location seems to be bad.

From where? From SG/HK and even India (http://lg-pune.prometeus.net/) it's okay.

• @rm_ said:
    From where? From SG/HK and even India (http://lg-pune.prometeus.net/) it's okay.

I think @infolink are referring to their JP and AU nodes which having bad latency result due routing.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

seikan said: I think @infolink are referring to their JP and AU nodes which having bad latency result due routing.

Well I was talking about the JP node and said the latency seems fine for me when measured from HK/SG/IN. They have also recently improved their routing in Japan quite a lot. So I asked from where (which country) @infolink is measuring the latency, that it seems bad for him/her. Also perhaps posting a traceroute would've been useful.

• @rm_ Wow, thanks for bring this out. I just realized that their JP routing is perfect for me now. It was 300ms previously but now it's 80ms from Malaysia!

• DaveADaveA Member

Windows 2012 Instances are now available! @luissousa We'll try to work on more than nothing in the future.

Thanked by 2luissousa alexvolk
  • awsonawson Member

Something is very wrong is with the traffic logging. Somehow I got charged $9.21 for 107GB of overages (even though I barely used my instance). Not paying it.

• udkudk Member

@awson, did you get attacked?

• awsonawson Member

@udk said:
    awson, did you get attacked?

I dunno. The traffic graph showed a stable consistency of about 60-70GB/day (bullshit), but I destroyed it now.