Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate

Comments

• well, my infotmation used for registering is valid. do you want to visit me?

• ErawanArifNugroho said: well, my infotmation used for registering is valid. do you want to visit me?

LOL
    dump

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    well, my infotmation used for registering is valid. do you want to visit me?

I don't think I've seen an order from you (nothing that matches that name anyways.) Most of the orders coming from this thread (this thread as a referrer URL) have used completely false information that even MaxMind "Nope"d. (99%+ risk rating.)

• Oh haha. I thought maybe you were saying that we'd had our SSL certificates removed because we'd all used bad info lol.

• @HardCloud said:
    I don't think I've seen an order from you (nothing that matches that name anyways.) Most of the orders coming from this thread (this thread as a referrer URL) have used completely false information that even MaxMind "Nope"d. (99%+ risk rating.)

Well, I didn't purchased anything from you yet :)

But all of my order for any provider in LET/LEB were using my valid address :)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • May be I sound like an @$$ here but what do you expect? If something is too good to be true, it is.

You got one year worth of SSL for 2 bucks for something that would otherwise cost you more than 20, consider yourself lucky.

And nope, I don't work for them nor I try to defend these scammers.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

zhuanyi said: May be I sound like an @$$ here but what do you expect? If something is too good to be true, it is.

You got one year worth of SSL for 2 bucks for something that would otherwise cost you more than 20, consider yourself lucky.

The "manufacturing cost" of an SSL certificate is virtually zero.

Expecting it to be $2 is, thus, perfectly reasonable.

• Well, fot some reason, I try to trust a provider by buying their offer.

• ChumbiChumbi Member
    edited February 2014

joepie91 said: The "manufacturing cost" of an SSL certificate is virtually zero.

Uhm, that would only apply to automated, domain-validated certificates.

• @zhuanyi said:
    May be I sound like an @$$ here but what do you expect? If something is too good to be true, it is.

Really dont have any idea where and how you tell us scammers, we have full right to cancel your service at anytime. However we just dont want to renew the certificates and thats why the certificate renewal has been cancled. But not the certificates, all certificates are active and it should be.

And regarding hardcloud "@$$" he informed that our certificate is free from Singlehop, lol, so how we can sell 3000 certificats!? Not a single certificate can be issued to ourside network, all of the certificates will be revoked then. Here people must need to know at first place how 3000+ certificates still active! We have partnership with Globalsign through SingleHop network, we have huge amount of deposit with Globalsign India. Still we get orders and activated accordingly. We just dont want to provide 2$ service to LET members, because it costs just bad reputation to us from few people. So service renewal is cancled, ssl still active. If globalsign wants they can renew your certs, just contact with them :D

• CentrioHost said: Really dont have any idea where and how you tell us scammers

I think calling you a scammer is justified.

• @Chumbi said:
    Uhm, that would only apply to automated, domain-validated certificates.

These are fully automated domain-validated certificates. We input 3-4 pieces of data (including the full CSR) into LEAP3; and out spits a certificate to our email after the domain-validated email approves it.

1-5 year GeoTrust (even wildcard) SSL certificates.

• HardCloud said: These are fully automated domain-validated certificates. We input 3-4 pieces of data (including the full CSR) into LEAP3; and out spits a certificate to our email after the domain-validated email approves it.

Yes. It referred to an earlier comment generally stating that the "manufacturing cost" of an SSL certificate was virtually zero.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@CentrioHost If your ego would fit into your house, you have already a bad reputation and deleting service without any reason will make it worse.

• I thought @CentrioHost has been banned for calling people moron !?

• namhuy said: I thought @CentrioHost has been banned for calling people moron !?

It was only a temporary ban

• @CentrioHost said:
    ...We just dont want to provide 2$ service to LET members, because it costs just bad reputation to us from few people. So service renewal is cancled, ssl still active. If globalsign wants they can renew your certs, just contact with them :D

Actually, GlobalSign won't deal with us since we purchased through a reseller, which is you.

So instead of having a few unhappy clients due to your poor business practices, you've managed to upset ALL of your customers by lying to us. I believe you should be banned for this, since you specifically stated on more than one occasion that the certificates would be renewable at $2/2.50/whatever was paid and now you've deleted everyone's account and told us to fuck off.

• @CentrioHost said: Really dont have any idea where and how you tell us scammers, ...

Before getting the money :

Question : Sorry I'm a noob. This is renewed every year right?

CentrioHost : Yes and renewal price for second year will be same as first year.

After getting the money :

CentrioHost : However we just dont want to renew the certificates ...

... but you can buy the same certificates at our new site ...

You can find SSL certificate at http://www.havehost.com/ssl-certificate.html ...

... for 50$.

You really have no idea why people might call you a scammer?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • wiffel said: CentrioHost : Yes and renewal price for second year will be same as first year.

That, if not removed or decided not to be available for renewal. :(

• @nunim said:
    told us to fuck off.

Yes thats correct. Since no1 love 2$ certificate and blaming on us, so we decided not to provide such promo here any longer. And every1 should suffer for it. People really need to find some provide where 2$ Wildcard SSLs are available :D

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    That, if not removed or decided not to be available for renewal. :(

Rather than Massing up with thousand of clients with 2$ certificate we can sell 20 certs at 40$ per year, still 39$ profit for us. So why we load our database with thousand of customers and also take insane reputation due to this. We really not interested to answer 20+ tickets from single customer with 1$ profit for 1 year. Rather we can sell the certificate at lower cost than other provider and provide quality support.

• CentrioHost said: Rather than Massing up with thousand of clients with 2$ certificate we can sell 20 certs at 40$ per year, still 39$ profit for us. So why we load our database with thousand of customers and also take insane reputation due to this.

Nobody forced you to offer cheap SSL certificates. Why did you do it?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Chumbi said: Nobody forced you to offer cheap SSL certificates. Why did you do it?

Maybe to make people happy by selling them a bunch of very cheap certificates?

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • blackblack Member
    edited February 2014

I'm not surprised that centriohost has done this. His attitude aside, his company did take a huge hit in reputation for doing this and all he was trying to do is offer SSL certificates at a cheaper price.

Some of the complaints aren't really even valid, like once the SSL certificate is issued, you can't reissue it without charging a fee. That's a client error, not really his fault, yet the client still complains on LET (chances are, this is the first time they bought/used and SSL certificate). Plus all the support cost of people opening a bunch of tickets, it's just not worth it.

I also don't think it's a scam. If you got what you paid for (which is a 1 year SSL certificate and it lasts for a year) then the business deal is done. If you think he's a scammer because he promised something and didn't deliver, then that's just silly. There are many examples of that happening everywhere (game releases, startup projects, and so on). If you paid for 2 years and only got one, then that's a different story.

I would hate to have some of you as customers, which is one of the reasons I haven't stepped into the hosting industry yet.

black said: Some of the complaints aren't really even valid, like once the SSL certificate is issued, you can't reissue it without charging a fee.

Reissue is stupid, but I think he promised free reissues.

• @joepie91 said:
    The "manufacturing cost" of an SSL certificate is virtually zero.

The cost of making a Louis Vuitton wallet is probably less than 100 bucks, yet they are being sold for several hundred.

You can't just look at things from a cost perspective, but more how much the manufacturers' could charge. Do you think a 64MB VPS really "cost" the VPS providers 10 bucks a year? But if they could charge 10 bucks a year (because the rest of the market is doing so), why not? :)

zhuanyi said: Do you think a 64MB VPS really "cost" the VPS providers 10 bucks a year?

Do you really think it doesn't cost them that much? Especially with the tickets.

• @perennate said:
    Reissue is stupid, but I think he promised free reissues.

If he was offering free reissues, then he must've been very generous. When I bought my certificate, there was a reissue fee.

• CentrioHost said: Really dont have any idea where and how you tell us scammers, we have full right to cancel your service at anytime. However we just dont want to renew the certificates and thats why the certificate renewal has been cancled. But not the certificates, all certificates are active and it should be.

You promised something that you decide not to deliver in the end, and I call that scam...

Yes, I am referring to the renewal at $2 per year part, not the you pay $2 and get a cert part.

I think all these would have been way better if you have stated, at the very beginning, the $2 per year is first year only, instead of trying to set the expectation that people could pay $2 per year forever. You will get less number of orders and more serious customers who, presumably, have more idea of what they are doing with the certs.

That is part of the cost of doing business, again, don't just look at things from a "manufacturing cost" perspective, you'll have a lot to regret later on.

Either way, my honest thoughts (no offense), your reputation in the LE* community is already trashed, and I think the best advice I can give you at this point is to sell some high end products to some serious people and try your luck there. However, people may not sue you/file chargebacks over 2 bucks, but if you decide to charge 60 per month for a VPS and can't make it run smoothly, you'll have much more serious consequences to face.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • GienGien Member
    edited February 2014

@centriohost you, yourself caused all that bad publicity.. you and not all the users came back on your word. Discontinueing a service is your right as a company BUT canceling without ANY proper notice. (or any notice for that matter) is, atleast in my eyes, scamming. You failed to deliver on your promises !

And i would like to go as far as to say it fraudulent. As your deleting user accounts with valid invoices, which now cant be retrieved. For lets say annual tax purposes.

So dont blame us, the leb/let userbase for something you did. And im bot mentioning the few bad apples as they occur both online and offline. It sucks but if you can't handle a few fraudulent orders then you shouldn't even open your doors to the public. I'm certainly not condoning fraud/spam/pishing etc.. but it happens.

In short, your a douche, and you lost allot of trust, reputation by conducting yourself in this matter..

Srry mods/admins this do.... needed to be added.

And you may notice this isnt the end of the story :D

• @zhuanyi said:
    You promised something that you decide not to deliver in the end, and I call that scam...

This is not scam. All service is active. You pay for 1 year, you will get service for 1 year. And thats how the deal will be ended. If I cancel all SSL before 1 year, then thats called scam. You get what you have paid for.

@Gien said:
    canceling without ANY proper notice.

No service Canceled, we just will not provide renewal service. If you really want to see whats called Canceled, you can provide the domain name and you will see REVOKED status beside your SSL certificate. We really don't have any intention to revoke any certificate which paid for, we can renew the certificate but we don't want to because 3000+ certificates sold by me. How many satisfied customer respond previously. They just enjoy the 2$ worth certificate and left nothing. And some unpleasant customer who blame me with their own fault just coughing around. Really don't want to business like this. Rather than just disabled auto renewal.