Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate

VPNVPN Member
edited January 2014 in Providers

Back in July last year @CentrioHost were doing a promotion for a wildcard AlphaSSL certificate for $2 with a $2 reissue fee.

All had been working fine until December when I reluctantly had to move our main box to another host. Upon changing we started getting certificate errors so yesterday I went to login to my CentrioHost account and was greeted with a notice saying my details didn't exist.

I submitted a ticket asking if my account was locked and also asked for a reissue.

Please see the interactions below.

Am I being a dick? Or are CentrioHost really a bunch of twats?

Thanked by 1Mark_R

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

said: CentrioHost really a bunch of twats?

Do a quick search for them here on LET, you will find that they aren't exactly professional. Also, your image does not want to load for me.

• Globalsign revoked your certificate. There is nothing we can help you with, abuser.

• VPNVPN Member

@matthewvz said:
    Do a quick search for them here on LET, you will find that they aren't exactly professional. Also, your image does not want to load for me.

Fixed the image. I get the impression they are not very professional, any advice on what I could do?

• @OkieDoke said:
    Fixed the image. I get the impression they are not very professional, any advice on what I could do?

You already did you best! What else you want to do? Revoking certificate is normal for Globalsign if you running some spam sites, or, some sites which violate their policy :)

• VPNVPN Member

@CentrioHost said:
    Globalsign revoked your certificate. There is nothing we can help you with, abuser.

Yet in the ticket I have open with you, you tell me that the certificate is valid. You're just plain dumb now.

• @CentrioHost said:
    Globalsign revoked your certificate. There is nothing we can help you with, abuser.

How can you abuse an SSL certificate???

• Clearly says on the contact page

Report Certificate Abuse

Please contact us immediately if you have encountered a GlobalSign secure site seal, SSL Certificate or Code Signing Certificate that you believe is being used inappropriately or for malicious purposes (such as malware). Note that GlobalSign subscriber agreements prohibit the use of GlobalSign Certificates for harmful purposes.
    [email protected]

Thanked by 1CentrioHost
  • VPNVPN Member

@CentrioHost said:
    You already did you best! What else you want to do? Revoking certificate is normal for Globalsign if you running some spam sites, or, some sites which violate their policy :)

Not likely, shows your lack of knowledge on such subjects really.

As it happens, I'm not currently using okiedoke.co.uk for an active site, I am/was however using the certificate for the mail servers under lin1.okiedoke.co.uk and lin2.okiedoke.co.uk that 15 or so websites use.

• Yet in the ticket I have open with you, you tell me that the certificate is valid. You're just plain dumb now.

Some staff could reply like that. Not me. You are someone who also did past abuse on here with 2$ certificate. Flooding the clientarea with 23 tickets and so on. Your customer account was deleted in past. Now you are running some spam sites and Globalsign could revoke your certificate, its normal phenomenon.

• Not likely, shows your lack of knowledge on such subjects really.

Really! Go ahead, find some other providers then!

• VPNVPN Member

@CentrioHost said:
    Some staff could reply like that. Not me. You are someone who also did past abuse on here with 2$ certificate. Flooding the clientarea with 23 tickets and so on. Your customer account was deleted in past. Now you are running some spam sites and Globalsign could revoke your certificate, its normal phenomenon.

Wow, save me now. 'normal phenomenon' that's one hell of an oxymoron posted by a moron.

There are no spam sites. Why in the ticket was the incapable unnamed member of staff unable to tell me that my account had been deleted? I asked and got told nothing.

All I wanted was to get my reissue of the certificate but instead get treated like a retard.

• All I wanted was to get my reissue of the certificate but instead get treated like a retard.

We are not a SSL provider for fraudsters! Get space elsewhere you moron.

• VPNVPN Member

@CentrioHost said:

This gets better, and how have I defrauded you exactly?

I purchased a wildcard SSL certificate from AlphaSSL with you as the reseller. Upon purchasing you and me legally agreed to certain terms, most notable being reissues at a fee of $2 per reissue. I moved my certificate from one box to another and started getting revoked errors, I ask for a reissue and get told it's now $49 for a resissue despite me agreeing to terms stating it is $2. To top it off, you delete my account to try and prevent me from submitting tickets.

With these facts in hand, its clear to see who the fraudster is.

• @CentrioHost Curious, but will you renew the existing $2 certs at $2/yr as per promo when they come for renewal at mid 2014?

• VPNVPN Member

@peppr said:
    CentrioHost Curious, but will you renew the existing $2 certs at $2/yr as per promo when they come for renewal at mid 2014?

I wouldn't count on it. They claim that GlobalSign don't allow them to renew/reissue promotional SSL certificates.

• @OkieDoke Staff did not know who you are really is. "Tom Robinson" a new brand name of Fraudster! If I was on ticket assistance, definitely you will not get same reply on ticket.

• VPNVPN Member

@CentrioHost although I agree your staff are terrible to say the least, that is no excuse for why you as a company refuse to comply with our contractual agreement.

• OkieDoke said: With these facts in hand, its clear to see who the fraudster is.

Anyone with half a brain already knows who it is, and it's definitely not you.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited January 2014

@lowendbutt said:

I appreciate that.

Oh, and CentrioHost just deleted the ticket above. They like to do this, makes them feel like they can just forget about it.

I won't let this go this time.

• OkieDoke said: Oh, and CentrioHost just deleted the ticket above. They like to do this, makes them feel like they can just forget about it.

They have a ridiculously long history of calling clients assholes/cunts/fraudsters/etc (AND BEING PROUD OF IT), I don't think anyone on LET wouldn't back you up..

Thanked by 2namhuy Mark_R
  • Correct me if I'am wrong but from previous AlphaSSL promo thread by CentrioHost, it clearly stated that SSL certs can be renewed at promo price. That being said everyone can renew certificate when it expires at $2.5

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13946/cheapest-wildcard-standard-ssl-certificate-offer-alphassl-wildcard-standard-at-2-5/p1

Thanked by 2Mark_R Infinity
  • @CentrioHost said:

Totally not professional message.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • CentrioHost said: We are not a SSL provider for fraudsters! Get space elsewhere you moron.

What a retarded reply, be nice to your customers

Thanked by 2VPN Mark_R
  • CentrioHost said: Get space elsewhere you moron.

I think at this point it's pretty clear who the "moron" is

Thanked by 2Mark_R Infinity
  • GienGien Member
    edited January 2014

As i rememberd, and stated on there promo offer.

Http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13946/cheapest-wildcard-standard-ssl-certificate-offer-alphassl-wildcard-standard-at-2-5

There was a previous offer of 2 bucks, but for reference this will do fine. And it states (quoted)

@CentrioHost
    Order Link:
    Reissue Fee: 2$/per.

>

[......]

>

Renewal Price: Price is recurring, so the renewal price is locked. Next year you can renew your >certificate at 2.5$ as well.

So basicly yes they have to reissue the cert for 2 bucks. If they didnt inform you about the policy change. So check your email and see if they informed you about these rule changed.

And yes centrio shouldnt behave like this. Promo states 2 bucks reissue fee. Also renewal price for all those certs should be 2,5 bucks (mine 2 as i orderd earlier)

And i checked my email and i wasnt informed about any policy/rule changes..

edit

Apparently the cluster was out of sink. My post showed for me as the first.

That said, i have nothing for scammer/spammers. But i am interested in how much the re issue and renewals cost now?

Thanked by 1haphan
  • I've had no issues with them, never opened a ticket. I order one of the $2 promo and when the time comes to renew be it globalsign changed the way it distributes certs or not I'd take that into consideration..

Things change and $49 for a wildcard SSL cert is still cheap anyhow..

• @CentrioHost said:

will you still be offering renewal for $2.5 or has there been a policy change with regards to that too?

• GienGien Member
    edited January 2014

@ATHK just ordered for 5 bucks 5 year wildcard cert alphassl. so yes 50 for alpha is expensive

If you were offering Globalsign (yes i know alpha is brand of globalsign, but its not globalsign cert), thawte etc for 50 year wildcard then yes it would be a steal..

• VPNVPN Member

@ATHK said:
    I've had no issues with them, never opened a ticket. I order one of the $2 promo and when the time comes to renew be it globalsign changed the way it distributes certs or not I'd take that into consideration..

Things change and $49 for a wildcard SSL cert is still cheap anyhow..

Agreed it's still cheap, however I agreed to $2 so I want it at $2 :P

• CentrioHosts's last post towards @jarland and an epic reverse public bashing shows who's got the attitude problem here!

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19477

He clearly said $2/reissue ( ref : http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13946/cheapest-wildcard-standard-ssl-certificate-offer-alphassl-wildcard-standard-at-2-5/p1 ) and that was not limited to a specific timespan (say promotion time), and now asking for $49 for a reissue

What a douche!