Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate

Comments

• edited February 2014

Just see this thread and went to check my certs, in CentrioHost's client area, "my services" counts 0. I should have 4 or 5 wildcard AlphaSSL certs with them. Didn't remember of any notice about such a data wipe, @CentrioHost can you explain about this?

And for the OP's interest, all those certs I purchased from them work fine now, and I use some of them on mutiple servers, nothing needed to do with the IP thing.

EDIT

Wow didn't see the last few comments, yes I'm the same with you.

• Same, but we all knew what was coming. There's no way he could reissue them for that price.

• I also got 0 services.
    But at least they didn't revoke them.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@CentrioHost come on crawled out of your hole and explain us why all services are to 0.

• You could see it from a positive side. Better him removing the services (as shady as it is) than renewing them automatically at a higher price.

• @Infinity580 said:
    CentrioHost come on crawled out of your hole and explain us why all services are to 0.

There's nothing to explain, you should already know. If he didn't delete them now, he's going to delete them before you can renew.

• Renewal Price: Price is recurring, so the renewal price is locked. Next year you can renew your certificate at 2.5$ as well.

... if not removed

• I checked just now,and my account looks have been deleted.

• Please note that the certificates that CentrioHost was issueing, if they were showing as "AlphaSSL - GeoTrust" were in fact SingleHOP licenses; which are FREE and included to the provider with a dedicated server or cloud service from SingleHOP. It is part of their "Features and Benefits" under the "Why SingleHOP" heading.

Providers (re)selling SingleHOP's services, or services on SingleHOP's network are allowed to sell or give away 1-5 year (even wildcard) SSL certificates as long as they are used in conjunction with a SIngleHOP service.

Pretty shady to see a provider selling these really, when they're free... We provide them free to our customers with any active service.

Thanked by 2Mark_R tchen
  • @HardCloud said:
    http://goodhosting.co/ offers free wildcard SSL certificates with any service (the exact same SSL certificates; from AlphaSSL/GeoTrust/SingleHOP.)

Hi,if i cacel the service one day,the free SSL still active?

• @Edo said:

I've asked around about this before. Apparently, you have to use these SSL certificates in SingleHop's DC.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2014

@Edo said:

Of course not, as SingleHOP's regulations are that the SSL certificate is installed and used on their hardware, either through one of their resellers; or through direct sale of themselves. SingleHOP's systems will automatically revoke any certificate that is not installed on an IP address inside their network.

Source: http://www.singlehop.com/advantages/singlehop-exclusive-features/

Free, Unlimited GlobalSign SSL Certificates

>

Unlimited, Free GlobalSign SSL Certificates. Register for 1-5 Years, Including WildCards! NOTE: GlobalSign SSLs are subject to two restrictions. First, they must be installed on SingleHop Servers with SingleHop IP Addresses. Second, they cannot be resold for use on non-SingleHop infrastructure. For servers and IPs inside of SingleHop data centers, you may issue an unlimited number of certificates and you may resell them to customers or issue them at no cost, as long as they are ultimately used on SingleHop equipment.

• HardCloud said: SingleHOP's systems will automatically revoke any certificate that is not installed on an IP address inside their network.

How can they check on which IP addresses the certificates get installed?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    How can they check on which IP addresses the certificates get installed?

Many certificates "call home", it's how certificates are designed. For example, your browser check the CRL or "Certificate Revocation List" very often when browsing a site with SSL.

• @HardCloud said:
    Many certificates "call home", it's how certificates are designed. For example, your browser check the CRL or "Certificate Revocation List" very often when browsing a site with SSL.

Isn't that just to check if the certificate is revoked or not? I don't think that answered his original question of how SingleHOP is going to detect which certificates are installed on which IPs.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2014

@black said:
    Isn't that just to check if the certificate is revoked or not? I don't think that answered his original question of how SingleHOP is going to detect which certificates are installed on which IPs.

I'm not entirely sure, but that's what I was told by my SIngleHOP rep; that if the certificates were used on non-SingleHOP IPs, they would be automatically revoked. If I were the one in charge of writing a system to do it, I would use the CRL method to do it. (so yes, it's just speculation at that point.)

• @HardCloud said:
    I'm not entirely sure, but that's what I was told by my SIngleHOP rep; that if the certificates were used on non-SingleHOP IPs, they would be automatically revoked. If I were the one in charge of writing a system to do it, I would use the CRL method to do it. (so yes, it's just speculation at that point.)

How would you do that exactly? CRLs are checked on the client's browser if it's checked at all. Client browser looks up domain.com to see if the certificate is still valid. Server returns yes or no. So would you go through all CRL requests on the server side, look up the IPs of those websites and see if they're in singleHOP DC? There're AlphaSSL certificates, so you'd also have to check if it's singleHOP that issued it. On top of that, what if I'm using clouldflare pro or business?

Seems really unfeasible to me.

• I orderd one of centrio 2$ deals. Havent checked in my account but im guessing there removed. But the cert isnt revoked..

Too bad it is too late to start a dispute. As thry didnt notified anyone about this..

• IIRC the certs they issue have a contact or admin email or something using their domain, some [email protected] thing. So they did get the certs under their own account with globalsign, not reselling others.

• @AstroProfundis said:
    IIRC the certs they issue have a contact or admin email or something using their domain, some [email protected] thing. So they did get the certs under their own account with globalsign, not reselling others.

Even when selling/giving out SingleHOP's certifications (AlphaSSL via GeoTrust); the authoritative / administrative email can be your own (the provider.) and not just SingleHOP.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2014

I just contacted them, let's see how the response is.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I don't think the System can identify the IP for SSL Validation. I also get PositiveSSL for free but it can't check which IP is being used & I can use it on any network. Although I'm not aware of these SingleHop & AlphaSSL. Will Anybody let me to give a try & let you know??? ;) @HardCloud

• @HardCloud SingleHOP's cert are not being revoked.

@black said:
    If you issue a certificate for a year and someone cancels the VPS in 1 month, do you
    revoke the certificate?

@perennate said:
    No, not if the certificate was used at some point for something related to the VPS. But the Luna Node Dynamic unlimited free SSL certificates have more restrictions.

• @mpkossen said:

>

Are you reading this ? This is shady business, if @CentrioHost was allowed to post offers here they must be able to back them up.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

@raza19 Um, no, you (or whoever randomly threw the accusation around) must be able to back up your accusation that @CentrioHost didn't have some other form of agreement with SingleHop or whoever they got the certificate from.

• @perennate said:
    raza19 Um, no, you (or whoever randomly threw the accusation around) must be able to back up your accusation that CentrioHost didn't have some other form of agreement with SingleHop or whoever they got the certificate from.

Man I wasnt referring to goodhosting.co or singlehop. I love you guys , I am your client :)

I was talking about how @centriohost went back on his word. I would have never gotten certificates from him if he wasn't planning on renewing them.

• @HardCloud said:
    http://goodhosting.co/ offers free wildcard SSL certificates with any service (the exact same SSL certificates; from AlphaSSL/GeoTrust/SingleHOP.)

How to get them?

• @luissousa said:

Ticket in?

• It would help if you didn't sign up with fraudulent information. general note to the 50 or so people that tried from this thread, using a dedicated server or VPS. Just stop.

• @HardCloud said:
    It would help if you didn't sign up with fraudulent information. general note to the 50 or so people that tried from this thread, using a dedicated server or VPS. Just stop.

As there are about 58 people who have posted in this thread, I will assume you're comment is not pointed at me.