Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentrioHost won't reissue an SSL certificate

Comments

• VPNVPN Member

@ironhide said:
    CentrioHosts's last post towards jarland and an epic reverse public bashing shows who's got the attitude problem here!

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19477

He clearly said $2/reissue ( ref : http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13946/cheapest-wildcard-standard-ssl-certificate-offer-alphassl-wildcard-standard-at-2-5/p1 ) and that was not limited to a specific timespan (say promotion time), and now asking for $49 for a reissue

What a douche!

Exactly the point I made to them in my ticket. Right up to the point when they deleted the ticket.

• @OkieDoke said:
    Agreed it's still cheap, however I agreed to $2 so I want it at $2 :P

I understand the point you're bringing across and it makes perfect sense.

• Gien said: just ordered for 5 bucks 5 year wildcard cert alphassl. so yes 50 for alpha is expensive .

That was just a special promo (probably by mistake) though

• gsrdgrdghd said: ... a special promo (probably by mistake) ...

^This

• Centrio confirmed that it was a promo given out by globalsign to platinum/gold (re-)seller. But it a nice mistake if they made one :p cert still valid for 5 years. Mine is till 2019 :)

• @Centriohost is just a retarded kid who has to make up lies..

Is it just me or does every response made regarding their ssl certs, and centrio(kiddie) comes out saying they're an abuser just to lie..

I laughed, I hope they deadpool one day.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • nunimnunim Member
    edited January 2014

I wouldn't count on CentrioHost renewing at the price they said they would. We can all head to IPXCore afterwards, their Wildcard and standard SSL are cheaper and they won't treat you like an asshole.

https://ipxcore.com/ssl/ <-- $42 Wildcard SSL

• nunim said: We can all head to IPXCore afterwards [...] they won't treat you like an asshole.

You clearly weren't here during their fiasco when they published customer's data and claimed it was ok because they never said in their TOS that they wouldn't publish their client's data. Also they shut down their uptime monitor during an outage and demanded for the LET thread about the outage to be closed in order to reactivate the uptime monitor.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited January 2014

another provider to stay faaaar away from..

Thanked by 1tux
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    You clearly weren't here during their fiasco when they published customer's data and claimed it was ok because they never said in their TOS that they wouldn't publish their client's data. Also they shut down their uptime monitor during an outage and demanded for the LET thread about the outage to be closed in order to reactivate the uptime monitor.

I think you're overstating the first point a bit, but indeed they did not have a privacy policy at that time. I'd still rather deal with them then the clown(s) at Centrio..

My bet would be he bought one of those "unlimited SSL" deals from GlobalSign, managed to sell enough $2/$2.50 certs to pay for the cost and now he won't do any reissues or discounts because he's already got his money back.

There's no reason you should have to pay $50 to reissue an SSL, I've never seen a paid reissue, the only reason I thought they were charging for it with the promo price was to cover the administrative costs as they probably don't have it automated.

Is there a GlobalSign complaints department? :o

Thanked by 2MCHPhil Mark_R
  • @OkieDoke there should be no need to reissue the certificate upon an IP change. In fact, your server's IP address has no influence here.

So if you are suddenly seeing server errors related to the certificate, it is either because you haven't configured the software using the SSL certificate properly, or because your certificate has been revoked (as suggested by @CentrioHost) - which you could find out using GlobalSign's OCSP or CRL services.

• FWIW, @OkieDoke your certificate did get revoked, quite some time ago actually.

# openssl ocsp -issuer Alphainter.pem -nonce -CAfile Alphainter.pem -url "http://ocsp2.globalsign.com/gsalphag2" -cert okiedoke.pem -header "HOST" "ocsp2.globalsign.com" Response verify OK okiedoke.pem: revoked This Update: Jan 9 11:18:05 2014 GMT Reason: unspecified Revocation Time: Sep 27 19:46:51 2013 GMT

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Lol ^

• VPNVPN Member
    edited January 2014

Reason: unspecified

Told you Centrio were dicks.

Well that explains that then, however, I just reinstalled it again to be sure and it now works lol.

• Do we have a bad/black providers list here?

Thanked by 1tux
  • @OkieDoke, reinstalling won't solve the revocation status. Once a certificate is revoked, it's revoked. You can continue to use it, but if any client accessing your server (web, email, whatever is using your SSL certificate) performs a revocation check, it will discover that your certificate has been revoked, and usually aborts with an error message on the client side.

You can find out more about it here:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2013/05/13/how-certificate-revocation-doesnt-work-in-practice.html

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • VPNVPN Member

Ah I see, so for now my browsers are showing ok but eventually they will peform a check and then that's when stuff will stop working again. That's why I didn't notice until December even though it went back in September.

I'm so fucking annoyed that they revoked it.

• @okiedokiie goto that danish site and order it...

• @Gien said:
    okiedokiie goto that danish site and order it...

Which Danish site?

• VPNVPN Member

Was just about to ask the same thing.

• isalemisalem Member
    edited January 2014

The danish site offer has expired unfortunately, checked the post on here on LET and it was expired.

This one: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19353/alphassl-wildcard-5-years-for-less-than-8-usd-expired/p1

• I am here for the drama

• Why isn't CentrioHost banned? They insult their clients and scam a lot of them.
    Come on?

• It was here

lowendtalk.com/discussion/19353/alphassl-wildcard-5-years-for-less-than-8-usd-expired/p1

But i see it expired. All tho centrio said the promo from alpha/globalsign lasts till 15jan. so maybe you can still order.. dont know. But that was a steal..

• That particular offer has expired they added a 0. So now its 44 bucks for a 5y cert. Still cheap...
    But doesnt come close to the promo's.. maybe godaddy, namecheap whatever still give them with a new domain for 1,5$ dont know...

• Centrio did assure us multiple times that the certificates could be renewed at the same rate when they expire at the end of one year.

• luissousa said: Why isn't CentrioHost banned?

Supply and demand, I bet the next time CentrioHost post one of those 2 bucks SSL offers people will still rush in like no tomorrow.

And from LET's perspective, they would rather have such offer posted on LET than elsewhere for obvious reasons.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Gien said:
    That particular offer has expired they added a 0. So now its 44 bucks for a 5y cert.

More if you want wildcard.

• yeah wildcard comes to arround 110 something. Still thats 22$ a year for wildcard.. not the cheapest option (with promo's) but atm i dont know anyone selling it cheaper...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

@mpkossen got to be time to ban CentrioHost this time?