Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path.net Drama 2.0 - 5 or more Exchanges suspend them for unpaid bills. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Path.net Drama 2.0 - 5 or more Exchanges suspend them for unpaid bills.

Comments

• sillycatsillycat Member
    edited March 15

@PeterP said: Also may help if you weren’t threatening to raid discord servers which is against Discord ToS

Check which website we are on. I know Discord might be your life, but it's not everyone's. I wouldn't be surprised if someone calls you certain slurs in real life, you will look up the Discord ToS and show them.

Thanked by 3kait PineappleM siemens
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 15

@kait said:

@jordynegen11 said: Why did Cosmic had those ports open in their ACL?

No idea, I just want to know why a Path employee thought it was a good idea to go fishing in a restricted pond.

Since when do AntiDDoS companies have moral?
    They boot their own customers to make them stay.

good old Mafia style

• kaitkait Member

@Neoon said:

@kait said:

@jordynegen11 said: Why did Cosmic had those ports open in their ACL?

No idea, I just want to know why a Path employee thought it was a good idea to go fishing in a restricted pond.

good old Mafia style

Fair enough :joy:

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 15

Some clarification is needed here:

The original email by "Lee field" to DE-CIX was apparently phising attempt to get DE-CIX to respond whats the issue. This info was naturally not supposed to go to outsiders, but it did cause Treemonkash/Tinyweasel (or whatever his name is) seemingly crafted such message which fooled the DE-CIX people.

He then proceeded to leak it in ArmoredVM discord, where I picked it up and started digging into the network outages as well.

so tl:dr

The OP image is fake, but its also real. It was not posted by "Zigi" which is likely still path employee. Entire drama started mostly cause of some dude phished out the answer from DE-CIX and posted it everywhere.

Funny stuff.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:

The original email by "Lee field" to DE-CIX was apparently phising attempt to get DE-CIX to respond whats the issue. This info was naturally not supposed to go to outsiders, but it did cause Treemonkash/Tinyweasel (or whatever his name is) seemingly crafted such message which fooled the DE-CIX people.

He then proceeded to leak it in ArmoredVM discord, where I picked it up and started digging into the network outages as well.

The OP image is fake, but its also real. It was not posted by "Zigi" which is likely still path employee. Entire drama started mostly cause of some dude phished out the answer from DE-CIX and posted it everywhere.

Funny stuff.

Treesmokah?

• xvpsxvps Member

@HostSlick said:

@stefeman said:

Funny stuff.

Treesmokah?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3926891/#Comment_3926891

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:

good old Mafia style

Please don't apply that category to all of us. Some of us try very hard to be ethical and compete on our merits.

• so... is it paid now?

• kaitkait Member

@stefeman said: but it did cause Treemonkash/Tinyweasel (or whatever his name is) seemingly crafted such message which fooled the DE-CIX people.

Treesmokah had nothing to do with any of this, otherwise I would have learned this from him and not from a LET discussion.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@SplitIce said:

@Neoon said:

good old Mafia style

Please don't apply that category to all of us. Some of us try very hard to be ethical and compete on our merits.

True, not everybody does this.

Thanked by 1fatchan
  • emghemgh Member

According to screenshots, it’s yet again confirmed that they’re ran by edgelords chasinf internet clout on Discord. Imagine if they spent that time optimizing their strategy to be able to pay their bills instead..

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:
    According to screenshots, it’s yet again confirmed that they’re ran by edgelords chasinf internet clout on Discord. Imagine if they spent that time optimizing their strategy to be able to pay their bills instead..

The World If Path.net succeeded as a DDoS protection, not drama provider

• @emgh said:

Yeah, that's seriously the major takeaway from the whole situation.

Thanked by 2PineappleM emgh
  • neverainneverain Member
    edited March 16

is ddos protection really expensive to do or super hard? why is one of the best ddos protection companies run by total idiots? why arent there more alternatives to them

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR
    edited March 16

@neverain said:
    is ddos protection really expensive to do or super hard? why is one of the best ddos protection companies run by total idiots? why arent there more alternatives to them

The only costly part outside of engineering on DDoS protection is the transit cost. Many will not figure out how to do it properly and keep their costs down. DPDK with a simple 5800X can handle 100Mpps without issue for example.

Thanked by 2sillycat neverain
  • byteangelbyteangel Member
    edited March 16

I see multiple groups of people here who are angry at Path for various reasons:

Group 1: Those who run or use stresser feel that Path has cut off their ransom source of income.

Group 2: Hosting providers who purposely allow IP spoofing and DDoS amplification from their networks, some of whose owners are present here in this thread.

Group 3: Path customer and their customers competitor; it seems those who don't use Path have lost their customer base to those who do, likely because Path is currently the only provider offering a game-specific DDoS solution that works perfectly when configured properly. I am not so much into gaming business but I don't see much options outside.

Group 4: Competitors of Path, especially those accused of stealing code from other companies.

Group 5: The Kiwiforum crowd and other small providers; just by looking at their Discord, I've seen multiple messages about violence towards women and all sorts of racist comments, indicating the type of people they are.

Group 6: Popcorn and Meme peoples who just follow others.

Group 7: Actual customers of Path and end-users who are upset about latency or stability issues.

As a business owner of an ISP myself, I don't understand why Path needs to bother informing their customers about their upstreams. It's their decision alone, and I'm pretty sure they don't even mention their upstream in their contracts or have any SLA about that. They may have budget constraints, and it's normal to cut costs or reshuffle their upstream providers.

I assume my comment might open up a can of worm, but this is my neutral observation from the situation.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 16

Nah, you just gave worthless opinion and classified all criticism as jealousy while skipping the obvious issues.

Its fine mate.

• It seems that when you are angry, you start attacking others personally. However, I am curious about which group you will fit above.

• @byteangel said:
    It seems that when you are angry, you start attacking others personally. However, I am curious about which group you will fit above.

Im also owner of Telia and Starlink btw.

Welcome to the forum though, I see you registered just for this thread, not suspicious at all.

• @byteangel said:
    However, I am curious about which group you will fit above.

I'll answer if you can answer which one do you fit out of these.

• edited March 16

@byteangel said:
    ... longwinded whatever ...

And you registered just because you felt compelled to share this? I'll give you a hint though: Noone outside a certain milieu calls DDoS-for-hire stresser. Just so you don't get me wrong, i'm not implying that you necessarily belong to that milieu but it can probably be taken for granted that you exist somewhere in it's surroundings, which is basically the exact same vibe the whole path situation transports.

Thanked by 2emgh ChrisMiller
  • @totally_not_banned said:

@byteangel said:

And you registered just because you felt compelled to share this? I'll give you a hint though: Noone outside a certain milieu calls DDoS-for-hire stresser. Just so you don't get me wrong, i'm not implying that you necessarily belong to that milieu but it can probably be taken for granted that you exist somewhere in it's surroundings, which is basically the exact same vibe the whole path situation transports.

If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, and acts like a duck, it most probably is a duck.

Thanked by 3emgh LTGT ChrisMiller
  • You've tempted me to try out their trial. They're either too good or too bad. I'll inform you about it.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • @byteangel said:
    You've tempted me to try out their trial. They're either too good or too bad. I'll inform you about it.

Nice try Marshall :D

• @totally_not_banned said:

@byteangel said:

It very much explains that you belong in Group 1, where you believe that calling your business by a different name will make it legitimate. Shame on you!

• emghemgh Member

@byteangel said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@byteangel said:

It very much explains that you belong in Group 1, where you believe that calling your business by a different name will make it legitimate. Shame on you!

”If I brush over my very personal opinion in the disguise of facts, nobody will notice!”

• @byteangel said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@byteangel said:

Silly person ;)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Sounds like a thread de-rail attempt.

Avoid personally attacking someone to keep this shitstorm alive.

• matey0matey0 Member

@byteangel said:
    I see multiple groups of people here who are angry at Path for various reasons:

Group 1: Those who run or use stresser feel that Path has cut off their ransom source of income.

Group 2: Hosting providers who purposely allow IP spoofing and DDoS amplification from their networks, some of whose owners are present here in this thread.

Group 3: Path customer and their customers competitor; it seems those who don't use Path have lost their customer base to those who do, likely because Path is currently the only provider offering a game-specific DDoS solution that works perfectly when configured properly. I am not so much into gaming business but I don't see much options outside.

Group 4: Competitors of Path, especially those accused of stealing code from other companies.

Group 5: The Kiwiforum crowd and other small providers; just by looking at their Discord, I've seen multiple messages about violence towards women and all sorts of racist comments, indicating the type of people they are.

Group 6: Popcorn and Meme peoples who just follow others.

Group 7: Actual customers of Path and end-users who are upset about latency or stability issues.

As a business owner of an ISP myself, I don't understand why Path needs to bother informing their customers about their upstreams. It's their decision alone, and I'm pretty sure they don't even mention their upstream in their contracts or have any SLA about that. They may have budget constraints, and it's normal to cut costs or reshuffle their upstream providers.

I assume my comment might open up a can of worm, but this is my neutral observation from the situation.

Joined 3:19PM
    What are the Coke prices like lately?

Thanked by 3emgh LTGT fluffernutter
  • emghemgh Member

@FatGrizzly said:
    Sounds like a thread de-rail attempt.

Avoid personally attacking someone to keep this shitstorm alive.

Yup. Sounds about right.