Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path.net Drama 2.0 - 5 or more Exchanges suspend them for unpaid bills.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Path.net Drama 2.0 - 5 or more Exchanges suspend them for unpaid bills.

stefemanstefeman Member
edited March 14 in Providers

Making this thread because the last one was shut down due to unrelated chatter. No more leaks in this thread, only confirmed public information.

Path is now suspended from at least these:

DE-CIX Frankfurt
DE-CIX Dallas
DE-CIX New York
DE-CIX Phoenix
NYIIX

Can be confirmed from lg.he.net

Context: Path.net employee asking about the issue.

Context: Active Server notifying their customers of the issue.

Hallo,
der Protection Anbieter Path hat sich ohne vorige Ankündigung vom Knotenpunkt DE-CIX abschlaten lassen aus vertraglichen Gründen.
Unsere BGP Session mit PATH ist somit ungeplant offlien und kann über diesen Weg auch nicht wieder aufgebaut werden.
Eine kurzfristige Lösung sieht der DE-CIX aktuell mit PATH nicht, sodass wir als Leittragender mit unseren Kunden hier in der Luft hängen. WIr haben PATH um Lösungsvorschläge gebeten ,was bisher noch keinen Erfolg hatte.
Wir sind hier bemüht alles wieder so schnnell es geht zum laufen zu bringen, wir bitten hier bitte noch um etwas Geduld

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Hello,
the protection from path has been terminated on DE-CIX without any warning due to contractual .
Due to this our BGP session with PATH is down, and we cant re-establish it.
de-cix does not see a short term solution, leaving our customers hanging.
We asked path for a solution, but did not have any success yet.
We are trying our best to find a solution, please stay patient.

Best regards,

Comments

• Last thread was closed down by mods: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/192803/telia-kicks-out-path-due-to-a-mountain-of-unpaid-bills

Let's keep this one clean of personal harrashments.

• Cards are redistributed. A great power will be born :)

• JosephFJosephF Member

What is the practical effect on their services as a result of this termination?

• @JosephF said:
    What is the practical effect on their services as a result of this termination?

Downtimes, worse peering, higher pings, less bandwidth, loss of reputation for one.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 14

For the record, this info was first posted again in that cesspit discord, so no leak was a source this time I believe.

• Fake. Path.net is the best and always pay on time. Stop shitposting @stefeman

• Thanked by 2wdmg ChrisMiller
  • SillyGooseSillyGoose Member
    edited March 14

A path employee showing private data? Without any consequences?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @LeeField said:

dudes probably not been paid in a real fucking long time

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

The truth will set you free!

Thanked by 2khajiit ChrisMiller
  • LeviLevi Member

Practical and immediate effect is loss of capacity for ddos mitigation. As more peers is lost the smaller capacity will introduce longer routes. For game servers this is catastrophic.

I’am waiting for tree smoker for more intimate details on this…

Thanked by 1kait
  • emghemgh Member

@SillyGoose said:

What did you expect?

• @emgh said:

@SillyGoose said:

What did you expect?

Death threats

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 14

@emgh said:

@SillyGoose said:

What did you expect?

They've involved a lawyer over clicking the "Thanks" button on LowEndTalk before.

• emghemgh Member

@SillyGoose said:

@emgh said:

@SillyGoose said:

What did you expect?

Death threats

@MannDude said:

@emgh said:

@SillyGoose said:

What did you expect?

They've involved a lawyer over clicking the "Thanks" button on LowEndTalk before.

My comment was in regards to a Path employee leaking stuff.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 14

@stefeman said: Can be confirmed from lg.he.net

https://lg.de-cix.net/
    https://lg.nyiix.net/

Can confirm that our Path.net-only prefix is not visible from neither.

Thanked by 2LTGT wdmg
  • Fixed TL on the Active Server email:

Hello,
    the protection provider Path has been disconnected from the DE-CIX peering without prior notice for contractual reasons.
    Our BGP session with PATH therefore went offline unexpectedly and cannot be re-established in this way.
    DE-CIX does not currently see a short-term solution with PATH, which means that we are up in the air with our customers. We have asked PATH to suggest a solution, which has not yet been successful.
    We are working to get everything up and running again as quickly as possible, so please be patient.

With kind regards

• xvpsxvps Member

@labze you might want to read this.

• kaitkait Member

Comedy gold, 600Gbps of capacity poof, gone, erased. Time to start cooding.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • itzgeoitzgeo Member

Interesting

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

That was foreseeable, the question is how long it will take for the rest to pop - I would consider alternatives, I'm glad we ended this drama some time ago - it didn't work well anyway.

• kaitkait Member

@PHP_Friends said: I would consider alternatives

I would love (and plan) on getting the basics setup, but its mega hard to setup something good. But I will let you know when I have something basic working.

@kait said:

@PHP_Friends said: I would consider alternatives

I would love (and plan) on getting the basics setup, but its mega hard to setup something good. But I will let you know when I have something basic working.

We already have our own eBPF XDP solution active :)

• burgerburger Member

I mean considering that they have massive outages every other week I don't think they'll hold up for much longer. Also I'm certain their mitigation capacity dropped massively with 5 IX's gone.

• kaitkait Member

@PHP_Friends said: We already have our own eBPF XDP solution active :)

Pogman, that is good to hear.

• kaitkait Member

@burger said:
    I mean considering that they have massive outages every other week I don't think they'll hold up for much longer. Also I'm certain their mitigation capacity dropped massively with 5 IX's gone.

600Gbps is massive, and they had an outage today in Amsterdam. Ain't looking good.

• burgerburger Member

@kait said:

@burger said:

600Gbps is massive, and they had an outage today in Amsterdam. Ain't looking good.

More than half a Terabit gone just like that. I'm honestly surprised that hostings are entirely moving away from them like Avoro or Vibegames did.

Thanked by 1kait

@burger said:

@kait said:

@burger said:

More than half a Terabit gone just like that. I'm honestly surprised that hostings are entirely moving away from them like Avoro or Vibegames did.

This was necessary simply because of the enormous number of complete failures we had with Path. Some of the support was really non-existent, they were not prepared to adjust anything.

• AMS-IX also down.

15 days for now.

Thanked by 1wdmg

@burger said:

@kait said:

@burger said:

We only did this because of one customer, but he was so unhappy (not with the filters, but with the failures) that we developed something ourselves. In any case, Vibegames still has a lot via Path