Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path.net Drama 2.0 - 5 or more Exchanges suspend them for unpaid bills. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Path.net Drama 2.0 - 5 or more Exchanges suspend them for unpaid bills.

Comments

• As we see some comments here that this is fake. This situation is not fake. We also used Path Network until the 13th of March. We wrote a statement to this, for everyone who is interested to get a view of a company which is affected, you can read it here: https://server.unesty.net/blog

This not an advertisement, just to share our experiences with the public.

Thanks & Cheers

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep
    edited March 15

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:
    @LeeField please kindly update Path's peeringdb to latest & active IXes only

Lee = Zigi

Not sure if he still works in path.net, but certainly not after posting that stuff on the first page xD

You guys really think that account is actually him, when it was only created after the initial images were sent here with a name that isn’t even correct? Wow, new low for LET…

• burgerburger Member

Path started blocking people on X (formerly Twitter) for asking about it

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 15

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

Not sure if he still works in path.net, but certainly not after posting that stuff on the first page xD

You guys really think that account is actually him, when it was only created after the initial images were sent here with a name that isn’t even correct? Wow, new low for LET…

1. I know zigi from discord since the time of his activities at OctoSniff and OctoVPN and im aware that his name is Lee, unsure about the surname. could be fake surname like path employees usually have.

2. Nobody had that pic which this "lee" posted. It was implied that there was second pic as a response to the original query but only the original mailer had it.

3. Your attempt to call everything fake makes it quite suspicious.

Edit: This first name was just confirmed by 2 separate ex path.net employees.

tl:dr your full of shit and this is a sad attempt to save face for path.net after all the evidence so far.

Edit 2: You are Peter Potvin right? Path.net Systems Engineer. You failed to mention this.

Is this an official response from path.net?

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • kaitkait Member
    edited March 15

@PeterP said: You guys really think that account is actually him, when it was only created after the initial images were sent here with a name that isn’t even correct? Wow, new low for LET…

Zigi aka Lee is obf @Zigi but this you? Why would you scan a competitors network?

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

1. I know zigi from discord since the time of his activities at OctoSniff and OctoVPN and im aware that his name is Lee, unsure about the surname. could be fake surname like path employees usually have.

2. Nobody had that pic which this "lee" posted. It was implied that there was second pic as a response to the original query but only the original mailer had it.

tl:dr your full of shit and this is a sad attempt to save face for path.net after all the evidence so far.

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

We can confirm that.

• LeviLevi Member

@UnestyCompany said: We can confirm that.

Boss comment.

edited March 15

Fun fact:

Some reasons why path.net seemingly failed from perspective of an outside viewer.

Reason number 1: Absolutely idiotic sponsorships of megalomaniac levels.
    https://sportskhabri.com/alfa-romeo-partners-with-path-network/

The car crashed on first race btw..

Reason number 2: 10G Unmetered Asia microdedis for less than 100 USD

Reason number 3: Sonar project which is quoted everywhere and allegedly ate money like hell, but only exists on paper. Some people claim its just Elasticsearch fork.

Reason number 4: Buying companies but failing to integrate them. (i.e. FluxCDN)

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep
    edited March 15

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

Edit 2: You are Peter Potvin right? Path.net Systems Engineer. You failed to mention this.

1. Sure, Lee is his first name. But he has never gone by the last name of Field, for as long as I have known him both personally and professionally.

2. Well, it would help your case if you didn’t use ProtonMail in the screenshots you folks sent since Path doesn’t use it at all. Also may help if you weren’t threatening to raid discord servers which is against Discord ToS Proof here

3. Why would I have any stake in this?

4. Regarding your second edit: I haven’t worked for Path since the end of November when I left, and even then it was primarily with Tempest. So no it is not an official response.

edited March 15

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

1. Sure, Lee is his first name. But he has never gone by the last name of Field, for as long as I have known him both personally and professionally.

2. Well, it would help your case if you didn’t use ProtonMail in the screenshots you folks sent since Path doesn’t use it at all. Also may help if you weren’t threatening to raid discord servers which is against Discord ToS Proof here

4. Regarding your second edit: I haven’t worked for Path since the end of November when I left, and even then it was primarily with Tempest. So no it is not an official response.

Infiltrate = quietly joining and following the drama.

Where did I organize raid? I simply answered the discord server owner about joining in when he intended to post invite link for drama which he never did.

Ur allowed to infiltrate there and follow the stuff but i'm not allowed to join your place? By the same logic you are raiding us.

• kaitkait Member

@PeterP don't ignore me, we want to know why you scanned the ranges of your competitor from a Vultr machine...

Thanked by 2sillycat ChrisMiller
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 15

@stefeman said:
    Fun fact:

Some reasons why path.net seemingly failed from perspective of an outside viewer.

Reason number 3: Sonar project which is quoted everywhere and ate money like hell, but only exists on paper. Some people claim its just Elasticsearch fork.

Reason 5:
    Spending Investor Money on Coke
    (It sums Up. Coke is expensive)

Thanked by 2LTGT ChrisMiller
  • kaitkait Member

@HostSlick said: means even more Cashflow POOF.

Death spiral ramping up.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
    edited March 15

Don't play chess with a pigeon accuris, it will shit on the board and drag you on its level. I'm the pigeon.

Anything for drama since such stuff is happening.

Your 100% in bed with path and still very involved with them based on what others are talking on the same discord where you pasted those pics from. Your "neutral" opinion is laughable.

• @stefeman said:
    Fun fact:

Reason number 3: Sonar project which is quoted everywhere and ate money like hell, but only exists on paper. Some people claim its just Elasticsearch fork.

Sonar is integrated into the Path Portal. You just see a sonar loading picture before Elasticsearch will be opened. So yes it is just a fork. And it doesn’t work very well at Path. Since this year the data was wrong, inconsistent or completely missing.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
    edited March 15

@HostSlick said:

@stefeman said:
    Fun fact:

Reason 5:

Theres no proof of Reason 5 other than allegations from everlife (The twitter guy).

I'd say 50 - 50 based on the stupid stuff that has posted by people so far.

Possible but unlikely. No way theyre that stupid.

• 1nf1nf Member

@HostSlick said:
    Reason 5:

I can see why they chose to pay their coke dealer instead of DE-CIX. One probably handles their debts much more ethically than the other.

Thanked by 1LTGT
  • dosaidosai Member

Where is @SirFoxy on this?

Thanked by 2ddps SirFoxy
  • Would after this drama, path is still going to cloudfest? I feel sad for the employees, the CEO is having luxury cars,dinners and life and they face all the heat without getting paid.

edited March 15

@SillyGoose said:
    Would after this drama, path is still going to cloudfest? I feel sad for the employees, the CEO is having luxury cars,dinners and life and they face all the heat without getting paid.

You think anyone is gonna roast them face to face? No lol. Its different in conventions when you have appearances to keep. Nobody wants to bring any trash talking to such an event.

At most people would ask about future plans for de-cix replacement.

Forum trolling is one thing and real world is another.

You would just embrass yourself talking about it.

Thanked by 1LTGT
  • In the light of all this, the internet at the moment is quite dependent on DDOS protection providers.

In terms of companies who can provide serious protection, who is out there?
    Cloudflare and Voxility?

Wouldn't it be more logical to expect IP transit providers to filter out this junk?
    I mean we get multiple ip transit providers in order to be autonomous, if we rely on a ddos protection provider, that is no longer the case.

Is it possible to mitigate ddos affordably using leased or second hand hardware (4.000 euro one -time fee / 500 euro per month)?
    Server-based, instead of buying an arbor appliance off ebay?
    Does arbor offer leasing?

• mike1smike1s Member

@stefeman said:

@SillyGoose said:
    Would after this drama, path is still going to cloudfest? I feel sad for the employees, the CEO is having luxury cars,dinners and life and they face all the heat without getting paid.

You think anyone is gonna roast them face to face? No lol. Its different in conventions when you have appearances to keep. Nobody wants to bring any trash talking to such an event.

Oh I’m sure there’s a few folks who would roast path face to face…

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@stefeman said:

@SillyGoose said:

Being the bigger man in person is easy.

The average height of an American male is 5'10"

• @PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

Let me clarify the situation: I have emailed DE-CIX using my own name what happened to the DE-CIX ports of Path in Frankfurt. The answer was pretty juicy. They simply responded that the ports were taken offline due to no payment.

Pretty funny DE-CIX didn't check I was actually a Path employee.

It's only this @stefeman guy who doesn't have the brains to see Lee FIELD doesn't work at Path.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • xvpsxvps Member
    edited March 15

@LeeField said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

Let me clarify the situation: I have emailed DE-CIX using my own name what happened to the DE-CIX ports of Path in Frankfurt. The answer was pretty juicy. They simply responded that the ports were taken offline due to no payment.

It's only this @stefeman guy who doesn't have the brains to see Lee FIELD doesn't work at Path.

Have you smoked any trees today?

Thanked by 1LeeField
  • kaitkait Member

@PeterP Why are you ignoring me? I need answers, why did you snoop around on your (then) competitors network?

Thanked by 2sillycat ChrisMiller
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited March 15

@kait said:
    @PeterP Why are you ignoring me? I need answers, why did you snoop around on your (then) competitors network?

Why did Cosmic had those ports open in their ACL?

• @LeeField said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@PeterP said:

@stefeman said:

@rabiex47 said:

Lee = Zigi

Lee works there, but Lee field minght not. xD

• @stefeman said:

@SillyGoose said:

I have never seen CEO ever goto any event.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • kaitkait Member

@jordynegen11 said: Why did Cosmic had those ports open in their ACL?

No idea, I just want to know why a Path employee thought it was a good idea to go fishing in a restricted pond.