Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt?

Comments

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

I already responded everything clearly in email he just dosent choose to read it and wants to make a scene on let

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: Happened at the exact same time he said he was leaving a review and he is the only person that has had a issue with us in the past week

He showed a pic of his review being pending... So you got 0 proof, and are just yeeting claims out like that, cringeeee.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • need a TL;DR; can't read all the pages

• @Uchiha said:

need a TL;DR; can't read all the pages

it's a well known tactic. hence why i called him a skid, just spews a bunch of bullshit over multiple posts to bury actual questions demanding him to explain the situation...

did he actually try to get this kid swatted or what?

@Altes said:

@Uchiha said:

it's a well known tactic. hence why i called him a skid, just spews a bunch of bullshit over multiple posts to bury actual questions demanding him to explain the situation...

I replied to every comment not blurring anything

@Uchiha said:

TLDR he used a bunch of bandwidth service got suspended he got mad

• kaitkait Member

@Altes said: did he actually try to get this kid swatted or what?

Probably not because what he said was actually probably true, doubt you get swatted and have a police report within a couple of hours. Way to fast.

OP is a dumbass, but GoodLeaf is also not that smart.

Thanked by 2Altes chria838373
  • I see problem on both ends, on one end 500TB of outbound needs explanation or this is some kind of ddos being sent.

On the other end provider should setup something to prevent these things instead of pinning on clients.

@Altes said:

@Uchiha said:

Police don't print out your statement at scene since they do all their paperwork end of shift, plus you get a incident number and have to request the document which takes a few days 2-5 usually depending on department size

@kait said:

@Altes said: did he actually try to get this kid swatted or what?

Probably not because what he said was actually probably true, doubt you get swatted and have a police report within a couple of hours. Way to fast.

OP is a dumbass, but GoodLeaf is also not that smart.

I'm just responding to everyone trying to be transparent don't want to leave a bunch of questions on the table unanswered

@SillyGoose said:
    I see problem on both ends, on one end 500TB of outbound needs explanation or this is some kind of ddos being sent.

On the other end provider should setup something to prevent these things instead of pinning on clients.

It was setup but when the vm was recreated the changes didn't apply correctly (mentioned this before)

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: I'm just responding to everyone trying to be transparent don't want to leave a bunch of questions on the table unanswered

IF YOU WANT TO BE TRANSPARENT SAY ON THE VPS PAGE THAT THERE IS A SOFT 150TB CAP YOU DUMBASS.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • edited February 29

@Uchiha said:

OP bought confusingly declared unmetered fair use VPS, used a metric fuck ton of traffic after which the provider straight up deleted his service but brought it back online (already wiped though) after OP claimed to have been hacked. OP then proceeded to use ~600TB more traffic after which the provider sent an overage bill of $550, which the provider claims was instantly canceled while OP claims the provider actually charged his card, which according to the provider wouldn't even have been possible due to having deleted all payment data during the earlier incident.

Well, at least that's how i understood it... It's all in all a bit convoluted. Not to mention that OP opened another thread in the meantime claiming that the provider tried to swat him...

Thanked by 2kait Uchiha

@kait said:

@nbgames said: I'm just responding to everyone trying to be transparent don't want to leave a bunch of questions on the table unanswered

IF YOU WANT TO BE TRANSPARENT SAY ON THE VPS PAGE THAT THERE IS A SOFT 150TB CAP YOU DUMBASS.

Well it's not entirely true since it's fair use inmetered and expanded on in the aup

@totally_not_banned said:

@Uchiha said:

OP bought confusingly declared unmetered fair use VPS, used a metric fuck ton of traffic after which the provider straight up deleted his service but brought it back online (already wiped though) after OP claimed to have been hacked. OP then proceeded to use ~600TB more traffic after which the provider sent an overage bill of $550, which the provider claims was instantly canceled while OP claims the provider actually charged his card, which according to the provider wouldn't even have been possible due to having deleted all payment data during the earlier incident.

Well, at least that's how i understood it... It's all in all a bit convoluted. Not to mention that OP opened another thread in the meantime claiming that the provider tried to swat him...

This is all correct is it possible to pin this as a tldr?

Just need to mention it was 600tb in 7 days

• SillyGooseSillyGoose Member
    edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@SillyGoose said:
    I see problem on both ends, on one end 500TB of outbound needs explanation or this is some kind of ddos being sent.

It was setup but when the vm was recreated the changes didn't apply correctly (mentioned this before)

You guys have made this thread a joke. It's easy to miss out that instead of both of you making this a ticket go talk in dms or somewhere and then come give your final conclusions.

• kaitkait Member
    edited February 29

@nbgames said: Well it's not entirely true since it's fair use inmetered and expanded on in the aup

Do you really think people will read that godawful long AUP? The links are also not really visible:

And do you think the average person is reading this shit to find the small 150tb letters, what does tb even mean? is it terabit or byte?

Fix your godawful excuse of a "its in the aup"

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned

@SillyGoose said:

@nbgames said:

@SillyGoose said:

You guys have made this thread a joke. It's easy to miss out that instead of both of you making this a ticket go talk in dms or somewhere and then come give your final conclusions.

This is the only place he communicates and didn't want to have this floating around on let with no response

@kait said:

@nbgames said: Well it's not entirely true since it's fair use inmetered and expanded on in the aup

Do you really think people will read that godawful long AUP? The links are also not really visible:

And do you think the average person is reading this shit to find the small 150tb letters, what does tb even mean? is it terabit or byte?

It's a soft cap not a limit we just contact if it's 150+tb of usage and see what your doing if it's abuse or not

If your not doing abuse you don't have to worry

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: It's a soft cap not a limit we just contact if it's 150+tb of usage and see what your doing if it's abuse or not

You ignored me.

Make the contrast bigger, and tell people its a 150TB soft limit on the VPS page, not this poor excuse of a almost invisible link where you need to read the whole AUP, no one is doing that. Fix your bs.

@kait said:

@nbgames said: It's a soft cap not a limit we just contact if it's 150+tb of usage and see what your doing if it's abuse or not

You ignored me.

Make the contrast bigger, and tell people its a 150TB soft limit on the VPS page, not this poor excuse of a almost invisible link where you need to read the whole AUP, no one is doing that. Fix your bs.

What your viewing was the fix that LET reccomended I'll fix it later today, I made it link to the aup

@kait said:

You ignored me.

This isn't even the issue

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: I made it link to the aup

So it didn't even link to it before? are you insane? Just put the 150TB soft cap on the VPS page.

Also mbps is not a thing, its MBps or Mbps. also not tb, its Tb or TB or TiB. Fix your shit dude.

@kait said:

@nbgames said: I made it link to the aup

So it didn't even link to it before? are you insane? Just put the 150TB soft cap on the VPS page.

Also mbps is not a thing, its MBps or Mbps. also not tb, its Tb or TB or TiB. Fix your shit dude.

This is the only person who has ever had a issue with this

Why aren't we asking how is "palworld" server used 10gbps 24/7 for a week straight

• edited February 29

@kait said:

Ouch. I mean, at least the AUP is somewhat concise but stating unlimited and then having fineprint say that there really is a limit with some hefty charge applying beyond that is crap. Even besides the hiding effort that's what i'd call that an "unexpected condition"...

I'm all for having some kind of explanation what the host considers fair use but this very much isn't such. It would be rather be something along the lines of "if you regularly or drastically exceed X amount we might question the fairness of such usage and we will contact you to discuss further options" maybe coupled with something like "to avoid impacting service quality for other users we might throttle your connection until the matter is resolved".

No overage charges and no misleading nonsense implying the limit could be waived by asking nicely (99.999% that's not going to happen anyways). It's also not really AUP but rather FAQ material with AUP simply giving the host an option to terminate (ideally with some kind of warning) if the fair use principle is grossly violated by the client.

• @nbgames said:
    Why aren't we asking how is "palworld" server used 10gbps 24/7 for a week straight

Aren't you the host provider? You should have more information than us.

@SillyGoose said:

@nbgames said:

Aren't you the host provider? You should have more information than us.

I'm not going to root through his files