Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt?

Comments

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

@Levi said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:
    @nbgames is the 1T limit per day or month?

monthly 150tb limit

Why do you call it Unlimited traffic Fair Use* if it has a hard 150TB limit, that is just stupid. And why is there a cute little star but is there no explanation at the bottom, because that is how those cute little stars are supposed to be used.

Where is that 150TB limit even shown.

https://goodleafdev.com/acceptable-use-policy.php

Are you dumb? You use the little star wrong, you need to clarify at the bottom what it means, and calling it fair-use with a hard 150TB cap is just a 150TB cap in fancy words and hidden in the middle of a AUP, everyone knows no one reads those. Fix your bs mate.

its not a 150tb cap per say just have to reach out if you need to use more because realisticly nobody should be using more then 150tb/mo

Not really, varies per user. I use ~500 TB on my Hetzner.

its our smallest vps plan

Ideally then you should be limiting the smallest vps plan to 150TB then.

@BerryByte recently had an issue like this, they learned their mistake and made changes to their plans, while honoring previous clients I assume.
    Check their page,
    https://billing.berrybyte.net/store/dfw-vps-elder

it as set to 1tb since he said it was a palworld server and got hacked but it didnt auto suspend the vps like it should have unfortunetly

Alright.

I assume he paid via PayPal? Click the refund button and give him 48 hours to backup and migrate off.

Easy.

stripe dont offer paypal

They do.

no I was saying that we use stripe and that we dont offer paypal as a form of payment

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I would like to address and clarify the points mentioned in your review to ensure there is no misunderstanding.

Initially, the deletion of your service 48 hours after placement was due to an extraordinarily high bandwidth usage, which significantly exceeded our typical operational thresholds. Upon your notification that the service was intended for Palworld and that your account had been compromised, we promptly reinstated your service in good faith.

Subsequently, your account registered an unprecedented consumption of 670TB of bandwidth within a span of 7 days. This unusual activity triggered our system to automatically generate an invoice for a overage fee and a support ticket concerning the bandwidth usage. After recieving the notification within 5 minutes I intervened to cancel both the invoice and the ticket, recognizing the unique circumstances of your situation. I can assure you that no charges were processed, since your account was re created no payment information was on record for the account anyway. This was confirmed through verification with our payment processor. We encourage you to verify with your credit card provider that no attempts to charge your account were made by our company.

Moreover, I wish to clarify that at no point were you informed of a fee requirement to retrieve your data. Our investigation into your account revealed a fraud rating that necessitated attention, but our primary aim has always been to resolve issues amicably and fairly.

Regarding our service offerings, it's important to note that our bandwidth is advertised as "unmetered" under the principle of fair use. This policy is designed to accommodate the vast majority of use cases without imposing hard limits, under the condition that usage remains within reasonable bounds. The situation you encountered, involving sustained maximum utilization of a 10GB port, falls outside what we consider fair use.

Following the recreation of your VPS, it appears there was an oversight in not reactivating the auto-suspend feature in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Typically, our fair use policy allocates 150TB of bandwidth, a threshold far exceeding standard requirements and reflective of our commitment to providing generous resources to our customers.

We sincerely hope this explanation clarifies the situation and addresses your concerns. Our team is dedicated to ensuring a positive and transparent experience for all our customers. Should you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

A refund was issued for the original payment of $24.99 and the data was sent to your email

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: transparent

Make it more clear what the limits are on the page and not hidden in the AUP because no one wants to read that shit.

@kait said: what the limits are on the page and not hidden in the AUP because no one wants to read that

there technically isnt a limit, just if you plan on using more then 150tb alert us, normally you wont use more then 150tb/mo on a vps

@kait said:

@nbgames said: transparent

Make it more clear what the limits are on the page and not hidden in the AUP because no one wants to read that shit.

to be fair when you see fair use it usually dosent mean I can just use 10gbps 24/7

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: to be fair when you see fair use it usually dosent mean I can just use 10gbps 24/7

Yeah, no shit, but people are dumb, you have to make it super clear what you mean by it.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • _MS__MS_ Member

• edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

monthly 150tb limit

Why do you call it Unlimited traffic Fair Use* if it has a hard 150TB limit, that is just stupid. And why is there a cute little star but is there no explanation at the bottom, because that is how those cute little stars are supposed to be used.

Are you dumb? You use the little star wrong, you need to clarify at the bottom what it means, and calling it fair-use with a hard 150TB cap is just a 150TB cap in fancy words and hidden in the middle of a AUP, everyone knows no one reads those. Fix your bs mate.

its not a 150tb cap per say just have to reach out if you need to use more because realisticly nobody should be using more then 150tb/mo

@BerryByte recently had an issue like this, they learned their mistake and made changes to their plans, while honoring previous clients I assume.
    Check their page,

You just create problems by doing the "unmetered fair use*" thing and hide it somewhere in the middle of a AUP no one reads.

theres not a great way to explain that its a 150tb cap by default and if you need more to reach out

You should really quit skirting this issue. If you absolutely have to use the huge promises but "*" approach at least put the explanation at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure where you are located legally but i can tell you that besides being a shitty business technique in general this kind of advertising is strongly regulated around here with just using a badly readable text color straight up voiding the provision. Let alone having the explanation on a different page (on a regular device it needs to be visible without scrolling). Ignoring that would not only void the provision but also upon you up to legal action of your competition for unfair business practices and all of that aside if i'm not able to easily locate the explanation i'd personally never order at all.

Thanked by 2kait techdragon
  • really strange that @angstrom locked the other thread, even though it could just as well be true.

@nbgames seems like the true definition of a skid.

@Altes said:
    really strange that @angstrom locked the other thread, even though it could just as well be true.

In a skid for suspending a vps that maxed a 10gb port for a week? Lol?

@totally_not_banned said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

monthly 150tb limit

Check their page,

You just create problems by doing the "unmetered fair use*" thing and hide it somewhere in the middle of a AUP no one reads.

theres not a great way to explain that its a 150tb cap by default and if you need more to reach out

You should really quit skirting this issue. If you absolutely have to use the huge promises but "*" approach at least put the explanation at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure where you are located legally but i can tell you that besides being a shitty business technique in general this kind of advertising is strongly regulated around here with just using a badly readable text color straight up voiding the provision. Let alone having the explanation on a different page (on a regular device it needs to be visible without scrolling). Ignoring that would not only void the provision but also upon you up to legal action of your competition for unfair business practices and all of that aside if i'm not able to easily locate the explanation i'd personally never order at all.

It links directly to the AUP and again it's a soft cap 99% of the time no real user is going to use 150tb of BW in a month again standard practice

It's a vps not a dedi

@Altes said:
    really strange that @angstrom locked the other thread, even though it could just as well be true.

If your referring to his other post I was asleep during that time but if that did happen he should file a police report because it wasn't done by us. I'm the only person that can view client information.

this guy just lies alot, for example saying we charged his card $550 when we don't even have a payment method on file for him

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: this guy just lies alot, for example saying we charged his card $550 when we don't even have a payment method on file for him

So do you :)

Thanked by 1Marx
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

post censored fraudrecord screenshot.

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

monthly 150tb limit

Check their page,

It's a soft cap you reach 150tb then we reach out about your usage if it's deemed not abuse and just your game for example then we can raise your bandwidth to what you would need, but this is a very clear case of abuse

@kait said:

@nbgames said: this guy just lies alot, for example saying we charged his card $550 when we don't even have a payment method on file for him

So do you :)

Explain where I lied?

I have not lied once and can provide all evidence

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: Explain where I lied?

Is that dude from China?

• edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

monthly 150tb limit

Check their page,

It links directly to the AUP and again it's a soft cap 99% of the time no real user is going to use 150tb of BW in a month again standard practice

It links directly to the relevant clause or do people have to search for it? If it's the first version that's at least something but i figure it still wouldn't cut it as i'm pretty sure beyond "no scrolling" "no click throughs" is also a requirement (and i personally also wouldn't want to hunt down the meaning). People are pretty weary of the technique since historically it was used to hide important parts of the agreement. Along the lines of 9,99€* with the explanation hidden out of sight saying it's a monthly charge coming with a 24 months contract and shit like that.

I'm not saying 150TB is unreasonable. It's just pretty confusing for the customer to figure out what they are actually buying.

Thanked by 1techdragon

@kait said:

@nbgames said: Explain where I lied?

Is that dude from China?

One of his friends or he is from China as shown in the trustpilot review

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

monthly 150tb limit

Check their page,

It links directly to the relevant clause or do people have to search for it? If it's the first version that's at least something but i figure it still wouldn't cut it as i'm pretty sure beyond "no scrolling" "no click throughs" is also a requirement (and i personally also wouldn't want to hunt down the meaning). People are pretty weary of the technique since historically it was used to hide important parts of the agreement. Along the lines of 9,99€* with the explanation hidden out of sight saying it's a monthly charge coming with a 24 months contract and shit like that.

I'm not saying 150TB is unreasonable. It's just pretty confusing for the customer to figure out what they are actually buying.

They are buying fair use unmetered, we just set a 150tb cap to detect abuse

Which is fair and industry standard ^^

@Altes said:

Police don't print out your statement at scene since they do all their paperwork end of shift, plus you get a incident number and have to request the document which takes a few days 2-5 usually depending on department size

edited February 29

already passed all info to my attorney I'll update if the police report ever happened

• ezethezeth Member, Host Rep
    edited February 29

I think this issue was handled badly. Cancelling the invoice and spamming out 100 comments does not reflect any better on the provider. It's better to be consistent and clear. Link to documentation that states the overage fee and the amount of bandwidth that is included for free.

I would just have kept the invoice for 620TB bandwidth overage assuming 550 USD is the correct amount. It seems kind of cheap tbh.

At the end of the day, it's up to the customer not the provider to keep track of things like bandwidth usage even if a notification of usage would be nice

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: One of his friends or he is from China as shown in the trustpilot review

Got any proof its actually him?

@kait said:

@nbgames said: One of his friends or he is from China as shown in the trustpilot review

Got any proof its actually him?

Happened at the exact same time he said he was leaving a review and he is the only person that has had a issue with us in the past week

@ezeth said:
    I think this issue was handled badly. Cancelling the invoice and spamming out 100 comments does not reflect any better on the provider. It's better to be consistent and clear. Link to documentation that states the overage fee and the amount of bandwidth that is included for free.

I would just have kept the invoice for 620TB bandwidth overage assuming 550 USD is the correct amount. It seems kind of cheap tbh.

At the end of the day, it's up to the customer not the provider to keep track of things like bandwidth usage.

Just responding to everything since it's a pretty serious allegation that we charged his card $550 and all the other stuff he has said