Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt?

Comments

• @nbgames said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said: not lying, I clearly list it as fair use it would be lying if it said 1gbps unmetered and hid fair use in my AUP

You're not unlimited because you have limits in place, so why do you call it unlimited with limits.

It's unlimited as long as it fits within the 150TB limit :D

Well no it's past 150tb we just contact at 150tb reason why it's a soft cap

Jeez, so i'll be able to sign up for your smallest plan and send a message stating to lift the cap because i want to seed 600TB worth of Linux ISOs? I call bullshit...

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said: not lying, I clearly list it as fair use it would be lying if it said 1gbps unmetered and hid fair use in my AUP

You're not unlimited because you have limits in place, so why do you call it unlimited with limits.

Contact to get the customer to upgrade his VM?

I don't really understand your case here, you somewhat indirectly claim 25$ cant go above 150TB but at the same point claim its a soft cap.

my respect for @berrybyte just tripled on how they handled a similar situation a few months ago.

We contact bechae 9/10 it's abuse

• @nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

I don't really understand your case here, you somewhat indirectly claim 25$ cant go above 150TB but at the same point claim its a soft cap.

my respect for @berrybyte just tripled on how they handled a similar situation a few months ago.

Abuse meaning "using more than 150TB worth of traffic"... Seriously, regardless of OP being kind of crazy, you really aren't doing yourself a favor with this thread.

• @kait said:

@ahnlak said: I would respectfully suggest that virtually nobody is buying a $25 VPS imagining they get a fully unlimited 10g port

I will respectfully suggest that your view of the average person is way to positive.

You may be true; I also thought that everyone vaguely interested in this end of the market knew that "unlimited" was a marketing lie and didn't need to keep saying the same damn thing for 10 pages, but it turns out I was wrong :wink:

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@nbgames said:

@kait said:

Abuse meaning "using more than 150TB worth of traffic"... Seriously, regardless of OP being kind of crazy, you really aren't doing yourself a favor with this thread.

I am having fun at least :) but in the train home so I will stfu now. OP and the provider both showed how stupid they are and I got a good laugh.

• Isn't it really common to claim unmetered / unlimited traffic and have soft limit?

As a client you also have some responsibilities to look into what you are buying, if you plan on using 650tb on 25$ plan make sure you read the terms / aup to confirm if there is a soft limit.

i mean are you guys really expecting 650tb usage on a 25$ plan? id say 150 tb is a generous limit

Thanked by 1GoodLeaf-Cloud

@neverain said:
    Isn't it really common to claim unmetered / unlimited traffic and have soft limit?

As a client you also have some responsibilities to look into what you are buying, if you plan on using 650tb on 25$ plan make sure you read the terms / aup to confirm if there is a soft limit.

i mean are you guys really expecting 650tb usage on a 25$ plan? id say 150 tb is a generous limit

I agree and most of our clients use less then 1tb/mo total

• kaitkait Member

@neverain said:
    Isn't it really common to claim unmetered / unlimited traffic and have soft limit?

It's not about that, it's about all those "unlimited/unmetered" providers lying. I will scream at all of em untill they stop lying.

• edited February 29

@neverain said:

Sure it's a pretty common tactic and fair use obviously has some kind of boundaries but it usually doesn't involve overage charges (yeah, yeah, i know the host claims this provision is included just for fun...) and some bogus condition implying the limit could be lifted, when in reality it'll 99% come down to "get a bigger plan or be terminated".

@neverain said:

Sure it's a pretty common tactic and fair use obviously has some kind of boundaries but it usually doesn't involve overage charges (yeah, yeah, i know the host claims this provision is included just for fun...) and some bogus condition implying the limit could be lifted, when in reality it'll 99% come down to "get a bigger plan or be terminated".

Nah not terminated just slower speeds

• edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

So if someone requests to have the limit lifted and doesn't agree to pay premium they'll get throttled to a point where they can't exceed the limit anymore? Now that's certainly going to be a lot of help to the customer.

Not to mention if the connection is throttled it doesn't match the product description anymore, which clearly states 1Gbit. Seriously, i'd recommend you to think this through a little more.

• @kait said:

@neverain said:

It's not about that, it's about all those "unlimited/unmetered" providers lying. I will scream at all of em untill they stop lying.

When you're done with that, can you tell the tide not to rise?

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

So if someone requests to have the limit lifted they'll get throttled to a point where they can't reach it anymore? Not to mention of the connection is throttled it doesn't match the product description anymore, which clearly states 1Gbit. Seriously, i'd recommend you to think this through a little more.

I understand what your saying, and how it really should be done that way, if goodleaf hosting was enterprise oriented it would be that way. Thats why goodleaf cloud is having it all outlined as its our enterprise business as GoodLeaf Hosting is for game server user

• edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

So if someone requests to have the limit lifted they'll get throttled to a point where they can't reach it anymore? Not to mention of the connection is throttled it doesn't match the product description anymore, which clearly states 1Gbit. Seriously, i'd recommend you to think this through a little more.

I understand what your saying, and how it really should be done that way, if goodleaf hosting was enterprise oriented it would be that way. Thats why goodleaf cloud is having it all outlined as its our enterprise business as GoodLeaf Hosting is for game server user

Well, that doesn't stop you from giving a bit more of an accurate description of the procedure. At the very least to safeguard yourself. To be honest, i'd probably just be direct about it by saying "If you exceed 150TB we reserve the right to throttle your connection. Exceptions can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.". The later part being a bit misleading again as exceptions are probably unlikely to be granted but at least it would somewhat keep the original intention. You could also add some mumbo-jumbo about doing so to avoid impacting other users service quality to make it sound a little nicer, i guess.

• kaitkait Member

@ahnlak said:

@kait said:

@neverain said:

When you're done with that, can you tell the tide not to rise?

The tides not rising has nothing to do with false advertising and lying.

• @FatGrizzly said:

on the other side, Fraudscore of 70 on Fraudrecord is interesting too.

Turbo MJJ from China and ChatGPT provider from India.

Best combo ever. LET Drama guaranteed.

Thanked by 1Kris

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

Well, that doesn't stop you from giving a bit more of an accurate description of the procedure. At the very least to safeguard yourself. To be honest, i'd probably just be direct about it by saying "If you exceed 150TB we reserve the right to throttle your connection. Exceptions can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.". The later part being a bit misleading again as exceptions are probably unlikely to be granted but at least it would somewhat keep the original intention. You could also add some mumbo-jumbo about doing so to avoid impacting other users service quality to make it sound a little nicer, i guess.

we have a very accurate description, its fair use anyone with common knowledge knows that maxing a port 24/7 isnt fair use. I also consulted with some other people about this and we are 99% sure he was running a botnet as none of the palworld ports would ping when it was online using that much traffic

• xHostsxHosts Member, Patron Provider

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

we have a very accurate description, its fair use anyone with common knowledge knows that maxing a port 24/7 isnt fair use. I also consulted with some other people about this and we are 99% sure he was running a botnet as none of the palworld ports would ping when it was online using that much traffic

You assume or can / could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt if required ?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

we have a very accurate description, its fair use anyone with common knowledge knows that maxing a port 24/7 isnt fair use.

Dense...

I also consulted with some other people about this and we are 99% sure he was running a botnet as none of the palworld ports would ping when it was online using that much traffic

I seriously don't get what's your fixation with use case. It simply doesn't matter. A lot of traffic doesn't suddenly become less traffic because of what it's used for. Besides running a botnet would practically mean running a C&C. I figure you rather mean the box was supposedly rooted or rather an attack node (which isn't really botnet related at all but would make more sense here). Well, without at least some evidence that supports this it's pretty much just a stab in the dark.

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

we have a very accurate description, its fair use anyone with common knowledge knows that maxing a port 24/7 isnt fair use.

Dense...

I also consulted with some other people about this and we are 99% sure he was running a botnet as none of the palworld ports would ping when it was online using that much traffic

I seriously don't get what's your fixation with use case. It simply doesn't matter. A lot of traffic doesn't suddenly become less traffic because of what it's used for. Besides running a botnet would practically mean running a C&C. I figure you rather mean the box was supposedly rooted or rather an attack node (which isn't really botnet related at all but would make more sense here). Well, without at least some evidence that supports this it's pretty much just a stab in the dark.

Box rooted twice? That was his first excuse now he is just saying it's his traffic levels

First time was like 280tb

• edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

Dense...

Box rooted twice? That was his first excuse now he is just saying it's his traffic levels

Well, that's what you just (likely) claimed. A C&C is not going to max the port and the definition of a botnet participant is a rooted box. If it's not rooted it's an attack node of sorts at best. Seriously, i don't get the point in this guessing game - like at all. If it's too much it's too much, no matter where the traffic is going.

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

Dense...

Well, that's what you just (likely) claimed. A C&C is not going to max the port and the definition of a botnet participant is a rooted box. If it's not rooted it's an attack node of sorts at best. Seriously, i don't get the point in this guessing game - like at all. If it's too much it's too much, no matter where the traffic is going.

had a really secure password highly doubt

• edited February 29

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@nbgames said:

@neverain said:

Dense...

had a really secure password highly doubt

OK...

• @MrRetslav said: Mmm, Why does it say "Showing search results for: remind"

I have no stake in this drama, but read the first part where it says "No results found.:
    It's yahoo trying to be smart about what you're trying to search for

https://i.imgur.com/2pCkE9n.png

https://i.imgur.com/FnvjsmH.png

• stxshstxsh Member
    edited February 29

@chorong said:

@MrRetslav said: Mmm, Why does it say "Showing search results for: remind"

I have no stake in this drama, but read the first part where it says "No results found.:
    It's yahoo trying to be smart about what you're trying to search for

https://i.imgur.com/2pCkE9n.png

https://i.imgur.com/FnvjsmH.png

I also have no stake but I lol'd cause "refund" is an actual word.. catsh isn't. refound is too -- but likely doesn't exist in your inbox so it looked for a similar word that does. Here.. it's weird to just autocorrect a proper word in to another one, both of which don't exist in the search results.

Either way, all of this is ignorant and the longer this conversation continues, the deeper the grave. It's not worth it for all parties involved, esp @nbgames.

Listen to the suggestions presented on how to move forward and drop the issue. OP seems to have now that the invoice is gone.

• this thread is hilarious, both sides are absolutely retarded.

Thanked by 1thane
  • @nbgames said:

@kait said:

@nbgames said: One of his friends or he is from China as shown in the trustpilot review

Got any proof its actually him?

Happened at the exact same time he said he was leaving a review and he is the only person that has had a issue with us in the past week

Well even so this remains an assumption. You cannot know 100% for sure. 😅

• i will happily show you to chargeback and win 99.9% of the time if you need