Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodLeaf Hosting Scam Attempt?

Comments

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

idk what he is saying tbh but its fine the way it is since it says 150tb soft cap and says fair use so

• kaitkait Member

Check the higher plans, which I copied the 1Gbit/s Shared Port (fair-use) from. You are not unlimited because you have a limit.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @nbgames said:

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:
    im going to leave it because if I dont it would actually confuse people more, thinking that its a 100mbps port and not a 1gbps, etc my main clientelle is game hosting

Why would anyone think it is 100Mbps if you put 1Gbps?

I'm starting to feel like I'm in a twilight zone or something, why does words not mean what they say anymore?

no like he was saying put 100mbps unmetered

No, he said put 1Gbps fair use.

https://ifog.ch/en/vps/vps-frankfurt is the site he sent

Yes, and they state "1Gbit/s Shared Port (fair-use)" on their 1Gbps packages, and they state "100Mbit/s Shared Port (fair-use)" on their 100Mbps packages.

Did you seriously not understand that it was an example of how to specify bandwidth? Did you actually think that he suggested that you put the text 100Mbps on a 1Gbps package?

Am I missing something here, because this thread is turning surreal?

Thanked by 1kait
  • kaitkait Member

@rcy026 said: Am I missing something here, because this thread is turning surreal?

Both OP and the provider share 80iq.

• @nbgames said:

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:
    port isnt shared its dedicated too

I will probably regret even starting this, but I just have to...
    So you mean every VPS have it's own dedicated 1Gbps port?

server has 10gbps going into it, each vps is assigned 1gbps so that 1 person dosent interupt others speeds, usually in my niche shared means its a server with 1gpbs going into it and then sharing that with everyone

So you only have 10 vps's per server?
    And according to your description, you should use the term "dedicated bandwidth", not "dedicated port".

Thanked by 1kait
  • @kait said:

@rcy026 said: Am I missing something here, because this thread is turning surreal?

I tried to avoid saying it, but you might be right. It feels like I'm having a discussion with a 3 year old.

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:

server has 10gbps going into it, each vps is assigned 1gbps so that 1 person dosent interupt others speeds, usually in my niche shared means its a server with 1gpbs going into it and then sharing that with everyone

And according to your description, you should use the term "dedicated bandwidth", not "dedicated port".

no like what im saying in my "niche" people view shared as in everyone is sharing the connection like if they have 1gbps shared that means the main node only has 1gbps and that they are sharing that with everyone which isnt the case

take a look at one of my competitors for example
    https://vibegames.com/dedicated-servers

• All services have unlimited bandwidth under a fair use policy.

no mention of the fair use policy in their tos

not like im doing anything different... except I actually list the fair use policy and dont hide it if you look its hidden at the bottom of their page

• lukast__lukast__ Member
    edited February 29

@nbgames said: take a look at one of my competitors for example
    All services have unlimited bandwidth under a fair use policy.

Just because they do something questionable doesn't justify you doing the same.

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: All services have unlimited bandwidth under a fair use policy.

Meaning it unlimited with limits, aka not unlimited...

@lukast__ said:

I actually list the cap they dont

@kait said:

@nbgames said: All services have unlimited bandwidth under a fair use policy.

Meaning it unlimited with limits, aka not unlimited...

correct im just saying what im doing isnt out of the norm and im some big scammer lmao

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

Wtf is going on here for 9 pages already?

• 9 pages holy :D

@tentor said:

arguing about bandwidth listed, I listed it as 1gbps unmetered fair use (wrong choice lmao) then changed it to 1gbps unmtered fair use 150tb bandwidth cap (still wrong)

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: correct im just saying what im doing isnt out of the norm and im some big scammer lmao

No one is saying they are doing bad stuff, we are just saying youre lying. They are also lying.

Thanked by 1Marx

@kait said:

@nbgames said: correct im just saying what im doing isnt out of the norm and im some big scammer lmao

No one is saying they are doing bad stuff, we are just saying youre lying. They are also lying.

not lying, I clearly list it as fair use it would be lying if it said 1gbps unmetered and hid fair use in my AUP

• kaitkait Member

@nbgames said: not lying, I clearly list it as fair use it would be lying if it said 1gbps unmetered and hid fair use in my AUP

You're not unlimited because you have limits in place, so why do you call it unlimited with limits.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@nbgames said:

@tentor said:

arguing about bandwidth listed, I listed it as 1gbps unmetered fair use (wrong choice lmao) then changed it to 1gbps unmtered fair use 150tb bandwidth cap (still wrong)

So, marketing strategy dispute. But why it took nine pages already and still is not stopped?

• @nbgames said:

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:

no like what im saying in my "niche" people view shared as in everyone is sharing the connection like if they have 1gbps shared that means the main node only has 1gbps and that they are sharing that with everyone which isnt the case

I've been in the hosting industry for 30 years, you do not need to explain your "niche" to me.

Dedicated means dedicated, it means that nobody else can touch the resources assigned to you, regardless of if you use them or not. If you state 1Gbps dedicated bandwidth and the server has a total of 10Gbps, you can not run more than 10 vps's on that server. This is very basic math.
    Dedicated port means that each vps has a dedicated physical port that no other vps can use. I doubt that this is the case.

Thanked by 2tentor kait

@tentor said:

@nbgames said:

@tentor said:

So, marketing strategy dispute. But why it took nine pages already and still is not stopped?

I dont know like 4 pages was arguing about him using 620tb in 7 days so I dunno

• @nbgames said:

@lukast__ said:

Well, if it is unlimited, there is no cap.
    Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

@rcy026 said:

@nbgames said:

@lukast__ said:

Well, if it is unlimited, there is no cap.
    Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

its unlimited unless a FUP or a cap is listed, if a provider lists unlimited FUP that means you cant blast it 24/7 aka abuse it, same for a bandwidth cap, unmetered only means unmtered if a FUP isnt present or cap

• edited February 29

@kait said:

I pretty much gave up after the part where i asked what abuse he was alleging beyond violation of fair use (which is pretty much self explanatory simply by the amount of traffic) and he replied to by more or less saying "the amount of traffic"...

• SebekVPSSebekVPS Member, Patron Provider

@kait said:

@nbgames said: not lying, I clearly list it as fair use it would be lying if it said 1gbps unmetered and hid fair use in my AUP

You're not unlimited because you have limits in place, so why do you call it unlimited with limits.

You're really after that why is unlimited traffic limited?
    If only because figuratively 1gbps channel also has its own limit, in 316TB of traffic in 720 hours, but at the same time 1Gbps is unlimited, hmm, so maybe you can define, it is unlimited, or still limited?

• @kait said:

It's unlimited as long as it fits within the 150TB limit :D

Thanked by 1kait

@totally_not_banned said:

@kait said:

Well no it's past 150tb we just contact at 150tb reason why it's a soft cap

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@nbgames said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@kait said:

Well no it's past 150tb we just contact at 150tb reason why it's a soft cap

Contact to get the customer to upgrade his VM?

I don't really understand your case here, you somewhat indirectly claim 25$ cant go above 150TB but at the same point claim its a soft cap.

my respect for @berrybyte just tripled on how they handled a similar situation a few months ago.