Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't access BuyVM, 100% packages lost - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't access BuyVM, 100% packages lost

Comments

• @rds100 said: this is called "the sladshot effect" ;-)

lol... LET doesn't have the traffic to take down anything. At most, there's around a hundred people hitting the site.

• The first day of a sale is always like this. If you don't get what you're after this go around; don't worry, there will be more :3

• @subigo said: lol... LET doesn't have the traffic to take down anything. At most, there's around a hundred people hitting the site.

Not all of our clients come from LET. We're fairly well known on Hostloc and other overseas forums as well :3

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DotVPS said: Edit: Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Local :P

Francisco

@subigo said: lol... LET doesn't have the traffic to take down anything. At most, there's around a hundred people hitting the site.

LET/LEB accounts for like 1/10th of our total market interests. overseas ones as well as personal communities we own are all over this stuff.

Francisco

• How many requests/sec are you guys averaging right now?

@subigo said: How many requests/sec are you guys averaging right now?

I have no idea, the SQL is pretty much dead right now. An order takes something like 20 - 30 queries to process through so the poor things dead to the world. Ald put the site back into maintenance to allow MySQL to complete its run.

I'm in the middle of ordering an SSD setup + E3 for the billing box just to help it out.

Francisco

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Francisco yeah I can tell its getting killed lol

• @Francisco can't you just offload the Mysql to your own Mysql offload service? :D

• @gsrdgrdghd said: @Francisco can't you just offload the Mysql to your own Mysql offload service? :D

It would more than likely kill that too.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: @Francisco can't you just offload the Mysql to your own Mysql offload service? :D

I'm far too paranoid for that :3 I trust myself setting up mySQL and securing it... I don't trust cPanel.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited March 2012

Me order no worky:

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • u4iau4ia Member

@sleddog I saw that bar for about 2 minutes then magically the confirmation page :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@sleddog lucky, I can't even get that far lol

@DotVPS said: @Francisco , What's going on? this isn't like you... Last time the site was slow but not down.. The IP pings so i guess its not a UDP Flood or a large enough flood for auto null to kick in..

It's just getting railed with clients.

Right now we're workin' out a game plan. Every time sales comes around we get railed harder and harder so it's hard to plan things out.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Right now we're workin' out a game plan. Every time sales comes around we get railed harder and harder so it's hard to plan things out.

Time to move to billing panel to "the cloud" and use automatic scaling ;)

Thanked by 1Francisco

@gsrdgrdghd said: Time to move to billing panel to "the cloud" and use automatic scaling ;)

Best reply of the whole thread.

/thread

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ehm... :(
    Well, I'll be around.
    Nu s-au primit date
    Pagina web nu se poate încărca, deoarece serverul nu a trimis date.
    Iată câteva sugestii:
    Reîncărcaţi această pagină web mai târziu.
    Eroare 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Serverul a închis conexiunea fără a trimite date.
    M

• You guys should do something I used to do... Start a waiting list (and backup waiting list) and when there is stock available, email everyone on that list. After 24 hours, email everyone on the backup list. That way you won't get hammered and people who want a spot can still get one.

• LESLES Member

@Francisco said: Every time sales comes around we get railed harder and harder so it's hard to plan things out.

Don't announce anymore, pull out some little stocks and not a bunch after 6 months.

• @LES said: Don't announce anymore, pull out some little stocks and not a bunch after 6 months.

I was really tempted to just surprise buttstocks everyone... but that ends up causing more grief than announcing <_<

• So how big is the whole whmcs database anyway? Put it all in a ramdisk? With live replication to another server, so you have backup on persistent storage.

• @rds100 said: So how big is the whole whmcs database anyway? Put it all in a ramdisk? With live replication to another server, so you have backup on persistent storage.

I have hourly backups of the DB, which is about 550meg (age-trimmed and compressed). I have another implementation we'll likely move to for our billing server, but I'm awaiting authorization from WHMCS and clarification on how it'll affect licensing.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: I have hourly backups of the DB, which is about 550meg (age-trimmed and compressed). I have another implementation we'll likely move to for our billing server

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

This is what the DC uses as a front end to billing and mysql, pair of LVS to load balance, pair of web servers, and pair of mysql front ends to a 4 node ndb cluster. Grow any part as needed.

• And... The site is back down :(

• @bijan588 said: And... The site is back down :(

Wait until they put it under their DDoS protection.

• u4iau4ia Member

@Aldryic how many KVM 128's were available at the start?

• DoS protection doesnt help against the fact that we simply get so many sales requests that the httpd dies :P

• @Aldryic said: DoS protection doesnt help against the fact that we simply get so many sales requests that the httpd dies :P

You guys are like Apple when they released the iPhone 3G. I had to activate mine at home.