Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't access BuyVM, 100% packages lost - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't access BuyVM, 100% packages lost

Comments

• Down for Maintenance
    We are undergoing maintenance in preparation of today's sales. Thank you for your patience.

I suppose that they are nearly ready to release the stocks

• aubsaubs Member

Tweet from Aldryic:

Just a quick update - we're still waiting until the DoS filtering is in place before releasing stock. I'll have an ETA up soon.

• @Jacob said: Do you guys accept any other Payment methods then PayPal?

We do accept major Debit/Credit with a valid CVN.

@debug said: Their not restocking until their filter is in place, in case for invoice payment errors. (From IRC)

That's correct. I removed the nullroute so that I could watch traffic (at the moment there's a lone VM [66.85.166.92] trying it's best to push more than a couple M/S)... so it seems things have died down for now. But I'm still going to wait until the filtering is in place just to be on the safe side.

• @DotVPS said: Good luck getting anywhere with Secured Servers..

They're US-based. I say good luck to them trying to ignore abuse@ sent from the DoD :3

• Whats going on is it an overload or ddos?

• I'm GOING TO MISS THE SAL :(

• @RaidLogic said: Whats going on is it an overload or ddos?

There was a big enough synflood early this morning to have our autonull'd blackhole our billing server. It's started up again, but weak (barely capping 300K). Just to be safe, I'm holding off on sales until we get the filtering box provisioned.

• How long do you think that will be?

• @bijan588 I'm GOING TO MISS THE SAL :(

They are releasing stock until all 1,000 containers are out. So you have plenty of chances to pick up a box next week.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Everyone, enter now!!!! STOCK IS IN!!!!

• aubsaubs Member
    edited March 2012

@netomx said: Everyone, enter now!!!! STOCK IS IN!!!!

And you have a special link??

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited March 2012

• Epic :D

• Right now Constantinos is like:
    If you havin' stock problems I feel bad for you on, I got 99 problems but a DDoS ain't one.

Later Constantinos will be like:
    I'm innocent! I'm innocent I tell you! No, not in the butt!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Naruto said: I'm innocent! I'm innocent I tell you! No, not in the butt!

He very well might be, hense why we're not pointing fingers all that much. He did make threats that we'd be targeted if we ever opened sales, but who knows if it's him or someone else upset about us getting stock.

Francisco

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Francisco guess the box is still not up yet?

@Fliphost said: @Francisco guess the box is still not up yet?

It is, it's up to Aldryic when he wants to put some stock up. I'm waiting on Awknet to get back to me at this point.

Francisco

• I think @Aldryic should release one thingy of stock in 5 minute intervals so people who want it really bad and go through the trouble of refreshing will get it.

@DotVPS said: BuyVM has auto-null on all there IP's if you get hit by an attack or an attack is made from your VM it nullroutes the IP so it doesn't do what you're worried about.

Correcto. The BuyVM website will be a case study/proof of product for the new filtering at least :P

Francisco

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Francisco are going to use awknet to mitigate floods?

• @Francisco said: The BuyVM website will be a case study/proof of product for the new filtering at least

• UPDATE: I just put some stock out there for you guys. 75 OVZs and 45 KVMs. Enjoy :3

@prometeus said: @Francisco are going to use awknet to mitigate floods?

Yus

• Is that all for this restart? Dang I do t think I am getting any.

• debugdebug Member
    edited March 2012

Stocken has been released, FYI. Grab the stock quick.

(offtopic) grabbed a 128, w00t!(/offtopic)

• flyfly Member

its back up.... but looks like my.frantech.ca is getting herp derped hardcore. ordering is super slow and it times out every other page click

• tuxtux Member

@Aldryic said: UPDATE: I just put some stock out there for you guys. 75 OVZs and 45 KVMs. Enjoy :3

But no storage plan?

• It times out every page click for me, oh well.

• @kbar this is called "the sladshot effect" ;-)

• @tux: Storage on Monday, based on Twitter :)