Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't access BuyVM, 100% packages lost - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't access BuyVM, 100% packages lost

Comments

• @Francisco - whats the chance of delaying the launch of the new VPS to a time when the new protection will be in place - saves many of us camping out here and hitting F5 on buyvm.net etc. ???

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@judouk said: @Francisco - whats the chance of delaying the launch of the new VPS to a time when the new protection will be in place - saves many of us camping out here and hitting F5 on buyvm.net etc. ???

@Aldyric can arrange that :)

I'm off to sleep till i get my peering information.

Francisco

• Instead of refreshing buyvm.net, just sub to either this thread or our other one. You can be sure Fran or I will announce when things are good to go :3

• flyfly Member

I'm off to sleep till i get my peering information.

.........MYFACE.JPG

• I find myself refreshing this page and buyvm.net every minute..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • aubsaubs Member

@Aldryic said: ... just sub to either this thread or our other one.

Good suggestion, but how? - I know you can bookmark threads, but how do you subscribe? - Or are you referring to 'Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.' ?

• zonzon Member

i think it is better you announce a new launch time so that we dont have to refresh it again and again...

• @aubs said: Or are you referring to 'Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.' ?

Ditto :P Or just keep an eye on our twitters (@FrantechCA and @Aldryic). We'll be announcing there as well.

@zon said: i think it is better you announce a new launch time so that we dont have to refresh it again and again...

If we don't have our filter box provisioned by lunchtime, I just may do that.

• @Aldryic said: ilter box provisioned by lunchtime

Just double up on Monday

• MopsyMopsy Member

I just read all those Constantinos threads. Has anyone reported him to his ISP(s)? Or the FBI's internet division for that matter? If the kid really was using his ADSL connection like @Aldryic says, well, that's just funny. XD

• aubsaubs Member

@Aldryic said: @aubs said: Or are you referring to 'Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.' ?

Ditto :P Or just keep an eye on our twitters (@FrantechCA and @Aldryic). We'll be announcing there as well.

LoL that's a good way to get a few more people in your twitter lists HeHe! ;-)

• Haha. Well, it's a convenient way of putting information out quickly :3

It's still pretty awesome that we have over 2100 followers between the two accounts... especially seeing as how only ~4-5 of mine are non-company related, and we don't do like some companies that will mass-add people just to get followed :3

• aubsaubs Member

Yes, I agree. I have my ISP on twitter so I get notifications to my mobile if anything goes down.

That's a pretty good number of followers, though for business sense, shouldn't they all be on one? - I'm sure there'll be some disappointments when there aren't enough VPS' to go around when they're finally available! Still waiting for my 512 and the OH has just got home! :(

• @aubs said: though for business sense, shouldn't they all be on one?

The one in my name is actually my personal account. I just use it far more for BuyVM-related stuff since I'm not all that big into the social media scene. Some folks follow me as well as the main acct since I'll do more frequent updates for smaller things, and since Twitter's the best way to reach me on Casualties Fridays.

• aubsaubs Member

I guess it also it gives that 'personal touch' which is always a good. Looking forward to useful updates from you :) and never needing to tweet any problems!

• Any one got buyvm new vps now?

• MopsyMopsy Member

What are "Casualties Fridays"?

• It is where @Aldryic sells all of the cancellations and suspensions that they have had.

• @Mopsy said: What are "Casualties Fridays"?

From this thread:

@Aldryic said: At BuyVM we have a few 'local traditions', including Casualties Friday; which is where I take the cancellations/terminations from that week and offer them up via community channels (IRC, Twitter, etc) without causing a mad dash by loading 'official' stock.

Thanked by 1Mopsy
  • Hey all - can anyone who already has a machine from BuyVM confirm that the problems we are all experiencing at the moment with the main website has not caused you issues with using the services you purchased.

I've been stung fairly recently (DMB Hosting) and am definitely considering purchasing a few more boxes. However, if client machines are unavailable due to this DoS attack as well, I'll need to look around.

Thanks in advance

• @DotVPS - thanks very much

Thanked by 1Taylor
  • dirkdirk Member

Both of my BuyVM VPSs are up-and-running ....not affected by this DDOS

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@judouk my BuyVM box is still up and running, completely unaffected (y)

• JacobJacob Member

Aldryic Do you guys accept any other Payment methods then PayPal?

• Site seems to be up, when is stock coming?

• I just noticed that is up now, the restock is already finished or wasn't started?

• aubsaubs Member

Looks like the main site is back up and running, but all still showing Out of Stock. Hoping me saying this will not mean I miss out on a new toy :)

• @Steve81 said: I just noticed that is up now, the restock is already finished or wasn't started?

Either we missed out or the stock hasn't been refilled yet.

• debugdebug Member

Their not restocking until their filter is in place, in case for invoice payment errors. (From IRC)

• doesbuyvmhavestock

@Francisco said: Francisco