Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Telia kicks out Path due to a mountain of unpaid bills. - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Telia kicks out Path due to a mountain of unpaid bills.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@kenwong said: They are super quick on support, sales and even the CEO answers in seconds.

Even if they sold 100gbps with perfect fiiltering done by Star Trek computers for $10/month, who would want to give money to such creeps?

Thanked by 3jlet88 emgh ChrisMiller
  • @PHP_Friends said:

@kenwong said:

@jlet88 said:

@kenwong said: In the end I don't see Path going down yet.

It's interesting to read any optimism at all for a company with leadership/executives/staff that appear to behave the way they do, based on the info presented. I'd already be on my way outta there, but hats off to you for your optimism. Maybe they will turn it around. But human nature being what it is, there's a pretty good chance they won't turn it around. I hope you're right, and good on you, you have more faith in them than I do.

I couldn't say anything negative about them. They are super quick on support, sales and even the CEO answers in seconds. Yes sometimes a bit chaotic. But yes I am an optimist :smile: But as mentioned before we never put anything in one nest. So even if they are going down. We have Voxility and others already connected.

Funny, we had exactly the opposite. Lots of chaos, slow response times, bitchy employees and ultimately no solutions to acute problems.

Interesting. They respond on Slack 24x7 very quick. But yes maybe it doesn't work for you.What are you currently using?

• @raindog308 said: Even if they sold 100gbps with perfect fiiltering done by Star Trek computers for $10/month, who would want to give money to such creeps?

Any Ferengi would jump on that deal! :D

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-ds9-ferengi-rules-acquisition-explained/

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@kenwong said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@kenwong said:

@jlet88 said:

@kenwong said: In the end I don't see Path going down yet.

It's interesting to read any optimism at all for a company with leadership/executives/staff that appear to behave the way they do, based on the info presented. I'd already be on my way outta there, but hats off to you for your optimism. Maybe they will turn it around. But human nature being what it is, there's a pretty good chance they won't turn it around. I hope you're right, and good on you, you have more faith in them than I do.

I couldn't say anything negative about them. They are super quick on support, sales and even the CEO answers in seconds. Yes sometimes a bit chaotic. But yes I am an optimist :smile: But as mentioned before we never put anything in one nest. So even if they are going down. We have Voxility and others already connected.

Funny, we had exactly the opposite. Lots of chaos, slow response times, bitchy employees and ultimately no solutions to acute problems.

Interesting. They respond on Slack 24x7 very quick. But yes maybe it doesn't work for you.What are you currently using?

We won't reveal that yet, but we usually waited up to 2 days in Slack, at worst. But usually always several hours, depending on the time difference between employees. It always took a long time, especially at the weekend. Even with major problems (which were not on the status page) there were always difficulties in communication. We then terminated the contract without notice after some employee rudely threw it in our faces that we could do a Crossconnect, which we had requested two months earlier, but received no response for weeks (also from the CEO). Incidentally, we are still waiting for the SLA credit (which was offered by Path itself!).

But the funniest thing was after they took a 10G peering online and our customers from the specific country were then offline, because they accepted everything there, including DDoS traffic, even though they knew that the customers from the country regularly receive several hundred GBit/s of attacks.

Thanked by 1kenwong
  • Did we all collectively forget about OVH? The most affordable option is almost always OVH tunneled to a colocated server somewhere. As long as you configure your networking correct such that your real IP is never leaked, the chances of you getting successfully attacked is extremely low.

• sixsix Member

@ehhthing said:
    Did we all collectively forget about OVH? The most affordable option is almost always OVH tunneled to a colocated server somewhere. As long as you configure your networking correct such that your real IP is never leaked, the chances of you getting successfully attacked is extremely low.

IIRC their firewall is on the datacenter level (or not directly between their servers) as you can bypass their firewall with another OVH server - good enough for most but not all.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep

@Renual said:

HI,

This is Ren with Cosmic, where would you like to see us next? Please list in order of preference.

1. Singapore
    2. HK
    3. Aussie
  • @Renual said:

@kenwong said:

@fluffernutter said:

@kenwong said:
    Cloudflare is maybe the only global alternative to Path. And the prices differences is huge compared to Path. Even Voxility has a small footprint- compared to Path in Asia for example. Or some one else on the market?

Yeah path has a lot more locations than most of its competition, but that's also a big part of why their competition is doing fine while path is entirely penniless. Someone like CDN77 has way more points of presence compared to Path, and pretty OK protection. That's where I see a lot of the Path customers in more edge locations moving to.

DataCamp isn't really providing it as a service or? I think you still need to use their bare metal servers or at least their transit? Not 100% sure about it. I am not pro or against Path. Just like we can Connect at many POPs. Voxility second best option there. Hope Cosmic can expand their network. But we never put all eggs into one basked. In the end I think there is not the one fits all best solution.

HI,

This is Ren with Cosmic, where would you like to see us next? Please list in order of preference.

Inside @fiberstate 's chicken coop

• LeviLevi Member

@Renual said:

@kenwong said:

@fluffernutter said:

@kenwong said:
    Cloudflare is maybe the only global alternative to Path. And the prices differences is huge compared to Path. Even Voxility has a small footprint- compared to Path in Asia for example. Or some one else on the market?

Yeah path has a lot more locations than most of its competition, but that's also a big part of why their competition is doing fine while path is entirely penniless. Someone like CDN77 has way more points of presence compared to Path, and pretty OK protection. That's where I see a lot of the Path customers in more edge locations moving to.

DataCamp isn't really providing it as a service or? I think you still need to use their bare metal servers or at least their transit? Not 100% sure about it. I am not pro or against Path. Just like we can Connect at many POPs. Voxility second best option there. Hope Cosmic can expand their network. But we never put all eggs into one basked. In the end I think there is not the one fits all best solution.

HI,

1. In place where you provide 50TB of clean bw for 7$.

That's it.

• @kait said:

@jlet88 said:
    Curious what is going on with the LET providers that have been using Path -- have any of them changed their anti-DDoS partners? If so, what are they changing to?

AFAIK no one is changing untill Path kills themselves, but you can switch to, cosmicguard, datapacket (cdn77), Voxility, bytefilter (they are here somewhere)

Or if you have money to burn: Cloudflare (magic transit), G-Core

Think it's worth noting that Bytefilter, whose ASN used to be that Veilios Hosting thing (https://www.peeringdb.com/net/30799 - Same ASN), is former Tempest COO Curis Gervais' operation.

This is only notable to me because in the leaked archive that was posted in ArmoredVM's Discord there's material regarding the situation when Curtis allegedly accessed Gameserverkings' computer systems without authorization.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • @six said:

@ehhthing said:
    Did we all collectively forget about OVH? The most affordable option is almost always OVH tunneled to a colocated server somewhere. As long as you configure your networking correct such that your real IP is never leaked, the chances of you getting successfully attacked is extremely low.

IIRC their firewall is on the datacenter level (or not directly between their servers) as you can bypass their firewall with another OVH server - good enough for most but not all.

I don't think this is the case for Game servers, but yeah they are more expensive.

• kaitkait Member

@TF3LIV said: Think it's worth noting that Bytefilter, whose ASN used to be that Veilios Hosting thing (https://www.peeringdb.com/net/30799 - Same ASN), is former Tempest COO Curis Gervais' operation.

Not true, he has 0 involvement with Bytefilter, Curtis knows a lot of people in the industry but that is all.

• @kait said:

@TF3LIV said: Think it's worth noting that Bytefilter, whose ASN used to be that Veilios Hosting thing (https://www.peeringdb.com/net/30799 - Same ASN), is former Tempest COO Curis Gervais' operation.

Not true, he has 0 involvement with Bytefilter, Curtis knows a lot of people in the industry but that is all.

• kaitkait Member

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

Yes, Curtis says so himself. So unless someone shows any info to say otherwise...

• kaitkait Member

@TF3LIV said: This is only notable to me because in the leaked archive that was posted in ArmoredVM's Discord there's material regarding the situation when Curtis allegedly accessed Gameserverkings' computer systems without authorization.

Are you sure that wasn't someone else who worked for Path... I really hope the court documents go public soon.

• @kait said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

Yes, Curtis says so himself. So unless someone shows any info to say otherwise...

CuRtIs SaYs So HiMSeLf

Anyone can take five minutes of effort and see how @SirFoxy is absolutely correct.

Curtis was given a lot of flack on twitter for trying to manage hosting Kiwifarms last year and issued a statement about it on the website.

He even bragged about his defense of hosting them on twitter.

Now all of it mysteriously doesn't load and all the web assets and ASN have been renamed to Bytefilter and Velios Hosting LLC has been renamed to Bytefilter LLC as of September. So, he's clearly involved and just lying.

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • kaitkait Member

@Acrcbee said: Curtis was given a lot of flack on twitter for trying to manage hosting Kiwifarms last year and issued a statement about it on the website.

Bro, Marshal, Please take your pills. How many alts are you going to make?

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @kait said:

@Acrcbee said: Curtis was given a lot of flack on twitter for trying to manage hosting Kiwifarms last year and issued a statement about it on the website.

Don't get upset and start throwing out accusations because you're talking out your ass about this. Try to not be so lazy when attempting to correct people. Y

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 22

• @kait said:

It seems you have significant interest in convincing people Curtis is not connected to Bytefilter.

• kaitkait Member

@TF3LIV said: It seems you have significant interest in convincing people Curtis is not connected to Bytefilter.

Being connected and being involved are two different things Marshal, but keep having fun trying to compromise your competitors.

• @kait said:

@TF3LIV said: It seems you have significant interest in convincing people Curtis is not connected to Bytefilter.

Being connected and being involved are two different things Marshal, but keep having fun trying to compromise your competitors.

Ok Curtis.

• @TF3LIV said: former Tempest COO Curis Gervais'

Path/Tempest was very much actively against Kiwifarms so why would their ex-COO make it an effort to be their KF's upstream?

• @kait said:

All you do is talk shit about this provider and defend Curtis. I just saw you posted the other day how criminals are scum but Curtis is a convicted swatter with a criminal past. So, just like @TF3LIV said you are really trying too hard to convince everyone of this utter bs that's easily disproven. I can see why this place is called low end talk because your IQ is definitely on the low end. You said @SirFoxy was wrong because a swatter told you so. Yet anyone can look up the company and his post history and see he ran Velios and converted it in September to Bytefilter. Stop embarrassing yourself, take the L and admit you were wrong like you said you had no problem doing instead of accusing random people of being someone they aren't.

• kaitkait Member

@Acrcbee said: I just saw you posted the other day how criminals are scum but Curtis is a convicted swatter with a criminal past.

Like I don't know that already :joy:

@Acrcbee said: Yet anyone can look up the company and his post history and see he ran Velios and converted it in September to Bytefilter.

Post the evidence then dumbass. A tweet and a archive of veilios website doesn't proof shit. Show me where he is the owner of veilios and bytefilter.

@Acrcbee said: All you do is talk shit about this provider and defend Curtis.

Because there is nothing good to say, they literally scanned a competitors network for shits and giggles. They are lossing access to all their datacenters they are in, they are literally dying.

• @siemens said:

@TF3LIV said: former Tempest COO Curis Gervais'

Path/Tempest was very much actively against Kiwifarms so why would their ex-COO make it an effort to be their KF's upstream?

Idk seems to be out of spite because he was bragging about some lawsuit going on with them after being fired according to the leaks his friend shared. But like I was saying, @kait why are you defending a known convicted swatter who swatted schools and innocent families while claiming you hate criminals and they are scum?

gonna pretend this recording of Curtis swatting someone is acceptable? Explain this away

• @Acrcbee said:

@kait said:

All you do is talk shit about this provider and defend Curtis. I just saw you posted the other day how criminals are scum but Curtis is a convicted swatter with a criminal past. So, just like @TF3LIV said you are really trying too hard to convince everyone of this utter bs that's easily disproven. I can see why this place is called low end talk because your IQ is definitely on the low end. You said @SirFoxy was wrong because a swatter told you so. Yet anyone can look up the company and his post history and see he ran Velios and converted it in September to Bytefilter. Stop embarrassing yourself, take the L and admit you were wrong like you said you had no problem doing instead of accusing random people of being someone they aren't.

Dear Marshall,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you with heartfelt concern regarding your health and well-being, particularly concerning your schizophrenia and the importance of consistently taking your medication.

Marshall, I understand that managing schizophrenia can be an incredibly challenging and complex journey. It's a condition that affects not only your mental health but also various aspects of your life, including your relationships, work, and overall quality of life. However, I want to emphasize the crucial role that medication plays in managing the symptoms and improving your daily functioning.

Here are a few reasons why it's essential for you to take your schizophrenia medication regularly:

1. Symptom Management: Schizophrenia symptoms, such as hallucinations, delusions, and disorganized thinking, can significantly impair your ability to navigate daily life. Medication prescribed by your healthcare provider can help alleviate these symptoms, allowing you to think more clearly, maintain focus, and engage more effectively with your surroundings.

1. Prevention of Relapse: Consistently taking your medication as prescribed reduces the risk of relapse or worsening symptoms. Stopping medication abruptly or skipping doses can destabilize your condition and lead to a recurrence of psychotic episodes. By adhering to your treatment plan, you can better manage your illness and minimize the likelihood of setbacks.
    2. Improved Functioning: Managing schizophrenia is not just about symptom control but also about enhancing your overall functioning and quality of life. Medication can help you maintain stability, enabling you to pursue your goals, maintain relationships, and participate in activities that bring you joy and fulfillment.

1. Enhanced Well-Being: Taking care of your mental health is essential for your overall well-being. When your symptoms are managed effectively, you may experience reduced stress, anxiety, and feelings of distress. This can contribute to a greater sense of contentment, satisfaction, and resilience in the face of life's challenges.

Marshall, I understand that taking medication may come with its own set of concerns and challenges, such as side effects or the stigma associated with mental health conditions. However, I urge you to communicate openly with your healthcare provider about any concerns you may have. They can work with you to adjust your medication regimen, address side effects, and provide additional support and resources as needed.

Remember that managing schizophrenia is a journey, and you are not alone in this process. Your loved ones, healthcare providers, and support networks are here to help you every step of the way. By prioritizing your health and consistently taking your medication, you are taking an important step towards greater stability, wellness, and resilience.

Please know that I am here to support you in any way I can. If you ever need someone to talk to or assistance with your treatment journey, do not hesitate to reach out.

Take care, Marshall.

Warm regards, sillycat

Thanked by 2kait siemens
  • kaitkait Member

@Acrcbee said: But like I was saying, @kait why are you defending a known convicted swatter

I am not defending anyone, I know curtis is a swatting asshole. It's just massively hilarious how dense you are.

• @kait said:

@Acrcbee said: But like I was saying, @kait why are you defending a known convicted swatter

I am not defending anyone, I know curtis is a swatting asshole. It's just massively hilarious how dense you are.

You've posted several times in this thread he had zero involvement with the company that he has clear involvement in and got proven wrong in a single New Mexico business record search. If anything is massively hilarious it's how you talk out your ass from authority. Only to call people who proved you wrong dense after you make a fool of yourself. You're simply too low IQ to converse with.

• kaitkait Member

@Acrcbee said: You've posted several times in this thread he had zero involvement with the company that he has clear involvement in and got proven wrong in a single New Mexico business record search

Where in those records does it say that Curtis owns it? I know ByteFilter was Veilios.

This discussion has been closed.