Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Telia kicks out Path due to a mountain of unpaid bills.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Telia kicks out Path due to a mountain of unpaid bills.

stefemanstefeman Member
edited February 16 in Providers

Birds tell, that it's down to just GTT and PCCW now.

Apparently they left insane sum of money unpaid and Telia is now looking at legal actions.

Unconfirmed for now, but a strong rumor everywhere.

Edit:

Comments

• bad debts, bad debts everywhere

• Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Cards are redistributed. A great power will be born :)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 16

@dedimark said:

Tempest.net

https://tempest.net/budget-dedicated-servers

Love the prices though. xD

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@LeifurGunnarsson works with tempest, IIRC

• @FatGrizzly said:
    @LeifurGunnarsson works with tempest, IIRC

Leifur the DDoS man :D I wonder what happened to his iceland host.

• Official response:

It was false rumor everyone, the show is over. nothing to see here.

/s

• rabiex47rabiex47 Member
    edited February 16

Confirmed. GTT single-homed @ EU, PCCW single-homed @ APAC.

I thought DDOS providers should own ample of bandwidth? ;)

Also heard that AMS-IX port is down too

• hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:

@dedimark said:

Tempest.net

This has to be a typo. This is not possible. They added a 0 at the end by accident.

edited February 16

@hostthebest said:

@stefeman said:

@dedimark said:

Tempest.net

This has to be a typo. This is not possible. They added a 0 at the end by accident.

Nah, they've sold under 100 USD blade servers for ages now with 10Gbps dedicated port.

edited February 16

@hostthebest said: This is not possible.

Fact: not a typo and indeed real.

They do indeed deliver those servers, but bad things are happening network-side

• How will this affect everyone that uses Path?

• kaitkait Member

@rabiex47 said: Also heard that AMS-IX port is down too

Indeed looks like it, is the Path downfall finally happening.

• emghemgh Member

I've said before that it's quite obvious that they have no idea how to run a business. They might do well with the technical side, that I have no idea about, but the management aspect.. they seem completely clueless.

edited February 16

@listerine90 said:
    How will this affect everyone that uses Path?

BuyVM lux is basically fucked right now. Ports going up and down.

Few other providers also seem to have issues with networking.

I can't connect some servers which I host on interserver because I have Telia as my ISP, or if it connects, the packet loss is insane.

• @emgh said: but the management aspect.. they seem completely clueless.

time to sell those cars?

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • kaitkait Member

@emgh said: They might do well with the technical side

Their routing can be super shit in some locations since they want to take over the world without having good presence in some/most locations.

• @rabiex47 said:
    Also heard that AMS-IX port is down too

Also unpaid apparently.

• kaitkait Member

@stefeman said: BuyVM lux is basically fucked right now. Ports going up and down.

Time for BuyVM to migrate to someone else. Would hurt Path even more so is it a spiral to death?

• @stefeman said: Also unpaid apparently.

Ouch. I thought an IX should be cheaper than transit?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 16

@stefeman said:

@listerine90 said:
    How will this affect everyone that uses Path?

BuyVM lux is basically fucked right now. Ports going up and down.

Few other providers also seem to have issues with networking.

I love Fran but the issues with Path in Lux has got me looking to move my stuff elsewhere. These aren't his issues since all of the non-filtered stuff is GREAT, but I'm tired of being woken up once a month or so because everything I deem critical is unreachable and all my monitoring alarms go off.

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@emgh said: They might do well with the technical side

Their routing can be super shit in some locations since they want to take over the world without having good presence in some/most locations.

Sure, but their protection is appreciated by many low-end providers. There was certainly a market that they managed to tap into.

When it comes to all the rumours etc, I can only draw the conclusion that they're not serious people, it seems to me that what they lack in experience they make up for in toxic behaviour which isn't an ideal way to run a company long-term.

Case-in-point: I'm not sure if the screenshot from @stefeman is edited or not, but the fact that I'm not even sure, says it all. Major issues and meme emojis :D

If it was Arelion, I'd KNOW it was fake

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@dedimark said:

to be honest it is not that crazy
    they are DDOS provider who buy BW in bulk
    and in DDOS cases the bulk of BW is on incoming side of their network
    the upload side of their network they only use it for clean traffic which is maybe 1 to 100 compared to incoming

this gives them unique situation where they have a lot of bw with a lot of upload(going outside of their network) capacity that is not used

and in servers usually most of the bw is out of your network (servers serve content so most of the cases the content is uploaded once and served many times)

So they are simply using this excessive resource that should be paid for by DDOS protection clients by creating new product on top of it for crazy cheap price

So mostly having cheap servers with 10gbps unlimited is not the cause of their issue here

Thanked by 2maverickp TimboJones
  • kaitkait Member

@emgh said: Sure, but their protection is appreciated by many low-end providers. There was certainly a market that they managed to tap into.

Yeah, their protection aint bad but its definitly low end provider type of not bad.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @MannDude said:
    I love Fran but the issues with Path in Lux has got me looking to move my stuff elsewhere. These aren't his issues since all of the non-filtered stuff is GREAT, but I'm tired of being woken up once a month or so because everything I deem critical is unreachable and all my monitoring alarms go off.

This affect your site acceess? Incognet seems down.

edited February 16

@kait said: Sure, but their protection is appreciated by many low-end providers

Heard that Asian providers are with them bc of crazy prices in the region. Sad to see if Path (the service) goes down.

• kaitkait Member
    edited February 16

@Arirang said: This affect your site acceess? Incognet seems down.

Yup, the IP was announced via Path but it seems it died.

https://bgp.tools/prefix/198.251.84.0/24

Thanked by 1Arirang
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 16

@Arirang said:

@MannDude said:

This affect your site acceess? Incognet seems down.

Yeah.

I used to automatically do failover to a "We'll BRB" page on a different provider's network and every-time this happens I say, "Ah shit, I need to get the failover server back up" and then I don't. It's moved higher up on the to-do list, though, haha.

Thanked by 1Arirang
  • kaitkait Member
    edited February 16

@MannDude said: Yeah.

I used to do failover to a "We'll BRB" server and every-time this happens I say, "Ah shit, I need to get the failover server back up" and then I don't. It's moved higher up on the to-do list, though, haha.

The /24 youre under seems to be announced again via Path. Different upstreams than I can remember though.

This discussion has been closed.