Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Telia kicks out Path due to a mountain of unpaid bills. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Telia kicks out Path due to a mountain of unpaid bills.

Comments

• @emgh said:

@kait said:

@emgh said: They might do well with the technical side

Their routing can be super shit in some locations since they want to take over the world without having good presence in some/most locations.

Sure, but their protection is appreciated by many low-end providers. There was certainly a market that they managed to tap into.

When it comes to all the rumours etc, I can only draw the conclusion that they're not serious people, it seems to me that what they lack in experience they make up for in toxic behaviour which isn't an ideal way to run a company long-term.

Case-in-point: I'm not sure if the screenshot from @stefeman is edited or not, but the fact that I'm not even sure, says it all. Major issues and meme emojis :D

If it was Arelion, I'd KNOW it was fake

It's real quote. though not quite serious in nature though since that discord server is mostly for shitposting.

Thanked by 2emgh kait
  • emghemgh Member

@stefeman personally, I think it says quite a lot still

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said:

Leifur is just a sales rep at Tempest, but its funny how unprofesional it looks bringing out a statement like that.

Thanked by 2emgh ChrisMiller
  • emghemgh Member
    edited February 16

@kait said:

@emgh said:

Leifur is just a sales rep at Tempest, but its funny how unprofesional it looks bringing out a statement like that.

Yep. Normally, you internally decide on a response. I hope that they just didn't, as it would be a lot better (but still obviously bad) compared to if the above actually is their response xD

Thanked by 2kait ChrisMiller
  • Another fake drama

• @tra10000 said:
    Cards are redistributed. A great power will be born :)

Path2

• emghemgh Member

@lowenduser1 said:

@tra10000 said:

Path2

Slightly longer path

• @emgh said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@tra10000 said:

Path2

Slightly longer path

Guiding your packets on a premium journey

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@lowenduser1 said:

@emgh said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@tra10000 said:

Path2

Slightly longer path

bike taxi + internet =

• @emgh said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@emgh said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@tra10000 said:

Path2

Slightly longer path

bike taxi + internet =

immortalpath

• xvpsxvps Member

@lowenduser1 said:

@emgh said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@tra10000 said:

Path2

Slightly longer path

Or leave a trail of dropped packets.

• @labze stay strong!

• @JabJab said:
    @labze stay strong!

@labze was in a middle of a migration to Path I think. Hopefully Path doesn't go kaput.

• SillyGooseSillyGoose Member
    edited February 16

Only if path had a great CEO who instead of banning people because he hates them did some good communications. The company would have been great, let's be honest he only hire kids because it's easy to fool them most of the time. I have never seen a path aka tempest employee last more than a year.

• @xvps said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@emgh said:

@lowenduser1 said:

@tra10000 said:

Path2

Slightly longer path

Or leave a trail of dropped packets.

Bills: destination unreachable

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@stefeman said:

@listerine90 said:
    How will this affect everyone that uses Path?

BuyVM lux is basically fucked right now. Ports going up and down.

Few other providers also seem to have issues with networking.

I can't connect some servers which I host on interserver because I have Telia as my ISP, or if it connects, the packet loss is insane.

No no. Our issue wasent path related.

One of the cross connects that linked our newest rack of gear to our juniper was damaged (we think the cable got yanked or kinked or similar earlier in the week).

The DC put in a new run and things seem to be resolved.

Francisco

Thanked by 1catatonic
  • Didn't they also have some beef with Cosmic Global Networks?

Seems like a lot of the DDoS protection market are somewhat sketchy companies (I mean the CEO of Path has a history of BGP hijacking...)

• LeviLevi Member

Path going to flop. Move away.

• kaitkait Member

@Francisco said: No no. Our issue wasent path related.
    One of the cross connects that linked our newest rack of gear to our juniper was damaged (we think the cable got yanked or kinked or similar earlier in the week).
    The DC put in a new run and things seem to be resolved.
    Francisco

That sucks as well, but sucks less than your upstream dying. May you slay king <3

@kait said: That sucks as well, but sucks less than your upstream dying. May you slay king

Well, HE was shitting the bed in EU as well, so my upstream sorta did take a crap :P Might've been why the above subnet blew out.

A shitty nights sleep, I tell yea h'what.

Francisco

• rabiex47rabiex47 Member
    edited February 16

lol. same reason with them dropping NTT

Not an neteng, but do you drop transit for days on ALL locations when there are congestion/latency issues?

As far as I know, prepending routes is a thing?

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@kait said: That sucks as well, but sucks less than your upstream dying. May you slay king

Well, HE was shitting the bed in EU as well, so my upstream sorta did take a crap :P Might've been why the above subnet blew out.

Francisco

Telia / Arelion is also shitty in EU & US and we've been making jokes about it for a few months. US West - East congestion at least once a month, US - EU congestion and EU congestion every week ... E.g. latency between LAX and FRA was around 2000 an hour ago.

I even started to feel that Cogent is a better ISP than Arelion if you can ignore their cold calls and connectivity issues with HE (and now NTT).

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • kaitkait Member

@Francisco said: Well, HE was shitting the bed in EU as well, so my upstream sorta did take a crap :P Might've been why the above subnet blew out.

Francisco

Yup, hosting aint the best job sometimes. Hope everything works out and all your future endeavors become gems <3

:*

Francisco

Thanked by 2kait marcopolio
  • @aveline said: I even started to feel that Cogent is a better ISP than Arelion if you can ignore their cold calls and connectivity issues with HE (and now NTT).

Same. at the moment single homed Cogents are outperforming the fancy multihome/SNIs

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Maybe Path could pay its bills with PathCoins?

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 16

@stefeman said:
    Birds tell, that it's down to just GTT and PCCW now.

Apparently they left insane sum of money unpaid and Telia is now looking at legal actions.

Unconfirmed for now, but a strong rumor everywhere.

Edit:

Why are you calling it only a rumor if you're providing a copy of a lawsuit?

And who are Telia and Path, and how is this relevant to anyone here?

• kaitkait Member

@JosephF said: Why are you calling it only a rumor if you're providing a copy of a lawsuit?

If you can read: The lawsuit is between Cologix and Path, not between Telia and Path.

@JosephF said: And who are Telia and Path, and how is this relevant to anyone here?

Telia (I assume he ment Arelion) is a big T1 ISP they used in the past, and Path itself is a shit lowend but functional DDoS protection service that some or many hosting providers that offer semi LowEndShitboxes use for DDoS protection, so its definitly relevant here.

• @kait said:

@JosephF said: And who are Telia and Path, and how is this relevant to anyone here?

Telia (I assume he ment Arelion) is a big T1 ISP they used in the past, and Path itself is a shit lowend but functional DDoS protection service that some or many hosting providers that offer semi LowEndShitboxes use for DDoS protection, so its definitly relevant here.

So Path is a low-end version of CloudFlare?

• kaitkait Member

@JosephF said: So Path is a low-end version of CloudFlare?

No, Cloudflare is primarily a WAF, Path does more like gameservers and just normal volume attacks. They work on a technical level but their management is dogshit:

1. They where formed by people from the DDoS scene aka kids ddos'ing gamehosters in the early 2010.
    2. Their previous company did a lot of BGP hijacking.
    3. One of the people working there is a known pedo
    4. They allegedly DDoS customers who want to stop using their services.
    5. They haven't payed their initial investor causing a lawsuit
    6. They default on bills which you see right now the cologix lawsuit and probably Telia/Areion and AMS-IX dropping them.

There is probably more dirt which I forgot about.

Thanked by 3Plioser _MS_ adly
This discussion has been closed.