Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough is enough - C1vhosting - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enough is enough - C1vhosting

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

@LowHosting said:

@cybertech said:
    @c1vhosting where you at mate there's work to be done!

I'm getting a lot of attacks (for over 24 hours straight) from a specific C1V subnet, it could also be spoofed traffic so I don't blame C1V, but who would want to spoof a single subnet? I'm a little bit confused.

It seems similar to what happened to this guy https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3865159#Comment_3865159

@DanSummer said:
    I've started seeing your IP more and more attacking my clients sites. A very good way to > trash your entire network.

What chance is it to receive “random” attack from denounced member to another member in this forum?

• C1V is down again for over half an hour already. Too bad we'll miss the lousy excuses here, always good for some laughs...

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • @Calypso said:
    C1V is down again for over half an hour already. Too bad we'll miss the lousy excuses here, always good for some laughs...

"did you contact him?"

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • edited February 27

@Levi said:

@LowHosting said:

@cybertech said:

I'm getting a lot of attacks (for over 24 hours straight) from a specific C1V subnet, it could also be spoofed traffic so I don't blame C1V, but who would want to spoof a single subnet? I'm a little bit confused.

It seems similar to what happened to this guy https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3865159#Comment_3865159

@DanSummer said:
    I've started seeing your IP more and more attacking my clients sites. A very good way to > trash your entire network.

What chance is it to receive “random” attack from denounced member to another member in this forum?

To be honest it doesn't really look like an attack. At least i see no point in using a whole /24 to flood someone with PSH-ACK. Just repeatedly pinging the target would likely have about the same or even more effect.

My bet would rather be on some kind of backscatter (why would someone spoof exactly this IP is beyond me though) or whatever crazy type of misconfiguration but very, very inept attack is obviously an option too here, i guess.

• @cybertech said:

@Calypso said:
    C1V is down again for over half an hour already. Too bad we'll miss the lousy excuses here, always good for some laughs...

"did you contact him?"

After the previous experiences of contacting him? No. So basically the only thing that I can do is keep warning others...

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

@totally_not_banned said:

@Levi said:

@LowHosting said:

@cybertech said:

@DanSummer said:

To be honest it doesn't really look like an attack. At least i see no point in using a whole /24 to flood someone with PSH-ACK. Just repeatedly pinging the target would likely have about the same or even more effect.

My bet would rather be on some kind of backscatter (why would someone spoof exactly this IP is beyond me though) or whatever crazy type of misconfiguration but very, very inept attack is obviously an option too here, i guess.

if this information is helpful, the packet rate is 200kpps.

• @LowHosting said:

@Levi said:

@LowHosting said:

@cybertech said:

@DanSummer said:

if this information is helpful, the packet rate is 200kpps.

Well, i'm basically just stabbing in the dark/brainstorming too. 200kpps is actually quite a couple packets but unless there is more to it than an endless stream of PSH-ACK i don't have much of an explanation as to what this really is supposed to be. These kind of packets should (naturally) only occur during or at the end of a TCP connection but there being no SYNs/SYN-ACKs there is also no actual connection being established and spoofing PSH-ACK doesn't seem to make a ton of sense attack wise.

• VoidVoid Member

Impeached successfully. Ok, so who’s next ?

• Has @c1vhosting left the forum now after this?

• @vitobotta said:
    Has @c1vhosting left the forum now after this?

Kind of. He's been active recently but last post has been a week ago.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@vitobotta said:

But it seems he's left many questions unanswered or is it just my impression?

• edited February 27

@vitobotta said:

@vitobotta said:

Well, yeah but hasn't this been his shtick for quite some time now? "We are working on it.", "Try again" or liking posts asking (very politely...) about his datacenter without replying doesn't generally do much in relation to answering people, does it?

• I missed this popcorn drama.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@vitobotta said:

@vitobotta said:

Well, yeah but hasn't this been his shtick for quite some time now? "We are working on it.", "Try again" or liking posts asking (very politely...) about his datacenter without replying doesn't generally do much in relation to answering people, does it?

Ooooh
    But answers like "we are working on it", "try again later", "works here", "you are the first and only customer with this issue" are classic answers from every customer service around the world! :-) Even megacorporations answer in this way.
    We should ban them. Ban ban. Let's ban everyone.

• edited February 27

@alciregi said:
    But answers like "we are working on it", "try again later", "works here", "you are the first and only customer with this issue" are classic answers from every customer service around the world! :-) Even megacorporations answer in this way.

Well, yeah, technically pretty much anything said in response to a question can be seen as an answer. To what degree those answers actually answer anything is an entirely different question though ;)

• @vitobotta said:

Maybe he's grounded by his mommy because he had to explain why he lost his provider tag...

• Somehow I am sad for him. I have been critical of him (especially re: the bs on AI stuff etc) but I was kinda hoping that he could prove people wrong and that he is a decent provider.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • @vitobotta said:

He reads everything but doesn't write...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 27

@Calypso said:

@vitobotta said:

Maybe he's grounded by his mommy because he had to explain why he lost his provider tag...

He keeps trying to sell stuff on the OGF.

• @vitobotta said:
    Somehow I am sad for him. I have been critical of him (especially re: the bs on AI stuff etc) but I was kinda hoping that he could prove people wrong and that he is a decent provider.

Also hoped he would clean himself up by disclosing his whole situation to the community.
    I think it would have been a good way of earning respect by being transparent about everything.
    He wouldn’t have much to loose anyway. (At least not as much as he is loosing right now and in the future…)

People care more about honesty than whether or not the servers are located in a basement or not. I am going to store my data in a Rumanian basement without UPS as well :D
    Multiple providers I have used had outages as well, some for weeks/months. Getting DDoSed isn’t something to be ashamed of either.
    (For production/business use I would still prefer Hetzner, but for hobby projects I only care about transparency and respectful, don’t want to play any games)

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • @lowendtalkxdax said:

@vitobotta said:
    Somehow I am sad for him. I have been critical of him (especially re: the bs on AI stuff etc) but I was kinda hoping that he could prove people wrong and that he is a decent provider.

Also hoped he would clean himself up by disclosing his whole situation to the community.
    I think it would have been a good way of earning respect by being transparent about everything.
    He wouldn’t have much to loose anyway. (At least not as much as he is loosing right now and in the future…)

People care more about honesty than whether or not the servers are located in a basement or not. I am going to store my data in a Rumanian basement without UPS as well :D
    Multiple providers I have used had outages as well, some for weeks/months. Getting DDoSed isn’t something to be ashamed of either.
    (For production/business use I would still prefer Hetzner, but for hobby projects I only care about transparency and respectful, don’t want to play any games)

You can't clean yourself if you don't think you are dirty :D

Thanked by 1lowendtalkxdax
  • @malignify said:
    You can't clean yourself if you don't think you are dirty :D

With the right response he could have prevented the “scammer” label which is going to be imbued in his reputation forever (until he apologizes, and even then, with less effect).

In comparison to other “scammers”, c1v’s case wasn’t as harmful and ill-willed. No intended scam, rather lack of management & lack of communication skills…

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • @Calypso said:

@vitobotta said:

Very sad on the radio silence.

• LeviLevi Member

@cybertech said:

@Calypso said:

@vitobotta said:

Very sad on the radio silence.

How do you imagine he should answer? “Yes, I’am here just to scam”.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • Don't buy VPS servers from c1vhosting. They won't refund you. My refund request through PayPal got rejected. I only used their VPS for 5 minutes and noticed it consumed 438GB of network data. Their VPS secretly consumes your network data.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • Don't buy VPS servers from c1vhosting. Even disputes through PayPal won't get your money back. I provided screenshots of their VPS consuming excessive bandwidth, still couldn't get a refund. Stay away from Italians; their network is also subpar, experiencing severe packet loss. Their VPS servers are garbage, and they won't refund you no matter what. After my PayPal dispute failed, they, the Italian scammers at c1vhosting, deleted my purchased VPS on February 8, 2024. They removed my VPS. Take my money and go to hell, go meet God.

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited March 5

@tzy170150585 said:
    Stay away from Italians

It doesn't mean that all Italians are like this...
    it's more than a year that we've been saying it to stay away from "this person", and now according to you we Italians would all be like him ?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 5

@Carlin0 said: It doesn't mean that all Italians are like this...

Agree. Prometeus was among the best LEB hosts. High quality stuff from Italy. On par with the other super awesome Italian product Parmigiano Reggiano.
    Sadly they moved away from low end market. Prometeus I mean. Parmesan is still relatively affordable in local Aldi supermarket.
    Damn, I am hungry now ...

Thanked by 2maverick Carlin0
  • I am Italian and a) I have been always criticizing cv1hosting for the obvious lies and bs he was saying all the time, b) I am offended by any kind of generalization. If one apple in the basket is bad, does it mean that all the other apples are bad too? This is such a stupid and childish way to look at things.