Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:
    Can I get a loan for 10k with 0% interest? My christmas needs new tree and lights.

Pull some diks from your data center and you can have a Christmas tree.

@bacloud Christmas tree

Nah, i better would like to get chrunchy sponsor.

• PatriarchPatriarch Member
    edited December 2023

Shit. I still curious why @Calin provided the proof to @crunchbits but not to @balramm before

@crunchbits Did you just save @Calin twice for said he's provided the proof? :neutral:

No offense. Just purely curiosity.
    @crunchbits you may want to gimme free storage server if I said the truth on my DM :D

Kudos to you guys anyway to (maybe) end this drama

• Calin seems clueless, but I give him that he really wants to learn and started with basically nothing, and grown to a small comfy host. Documented example of what determination can achieve, even in shithole like Romania he managed to do something.

Many thanks to Eric for saving Calin's ass, I hope you guys figure it out.

Thanked by 2host_c Calin
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Well, this bail-out does create a precedent , so I am more curious of the next one.......

I think Calin got the lesson.

Stop calling Romania a shit hole ! ( even if it kinda is :smiley: in someways )

Or I will call the god of thunder on you :D

• Romania seems to have quite a few large hosting providers. It seems a hub, of sorts, for the hosting business in that neck of the woods.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Patriarch said:
    Shit. I still curious why @Calin provided the proof to @crunchbits but not to @balramm before

@crunchbits Did you just save @Calin twice for said he's provided the proof? :neutral:

No offense. Just purely curiosity.
    @crunchbits you may want to gimme free storage server if I said the truth on my DM :D

Kudos to you guys anyway to (maybe) end this drama

I won't comment on any details because it involves PII, and it's entirely possible I saw something photoshopped or otherwise modified. So I'm not vouching for any validity in any way besides the fact that I saw enough to execute on a contract between our entities. I'm not too concerned, @Calin has more to lose with regards to that. There is risk involved but I deemed it acceptable.

I also think anyone looking at it as a "bailout of Calin" rather than Crunchbits just gained a proven, rational, and legitimate customer with dozens of dedis that are directly in our existing product stack is viewing things short-sighted. As a business decision, it made sense. It never hurts if you can do something good for business that is also beneficial to all parties. I'd rather take a flier on a deal like this than pay Google Adwords for $4,000 of junk clicks.

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

@sillycat said:

If that's from Léon the scene was set in Paris. Walls would be brick. Excellent to pop out one's eardrum, and the brains of the IRS mofo supposedly on the other side. Two birds with one stone.

Has anyone heard a 9mm bullet go off in a tiny apartment?! I wouldn't want to be downstairs :p

On ForgottenWeapons I saw that the Russians designed an almost completely silent bullet during the cold war. But it was crappy and not used much.

• verl20verl20 Member
    edited December 2023

@Francisco said:

@eezcloud said:

@JabJab said: 4500$ to earn @jar business
    Not a bad marketing decision.

Understatement of the year. This was a killer marketing move. All the comments about him giving a 0% loan, he will get 10X back in new business.

Calin will get more business because of this? Because that’s who’s holding the funds.

Crunchrips is saving the guy.

Francisco

I guess you haven't checked out his discord. His ship is sinking fast.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@verl20 said: I guess you haven't checked out his discord. His ship is sinking fast.

>

Sorry but where? Single thing what we have now problems it's upload speed

Regards

• next time i need interest free loan I'll know how to get it

but first let me set up a Coinbase account.

Thanked by 1anda
  • Drama, PopCorn, Weekend.

• Drama at the end of the year '23

And the winner is Crunchbits

• CroissantCroissant Member
    edited December 2023

Havent read the whole thread, but for the guys saying he got eth and paying back in usd to make money, well the tx clearly shows USDT token being tranferred over not ethereum so it is 1 to 1 with usd so thats not an issue, second thing coinbase will not block 4500$ thats a very small amount on a trading platform @Calin am sure you've done something fishy overthere maybe an account from a non supported country false kyc etc.. crypto is not the issue here but more of the platform used coinbase is heavily regulated and is US based so any crap when signing up or doing some fishy will get u in trouble, for direct payments like that internal transfers through same platform or directly to a wallet (not an exchange) is no issue...

OP sent the money to your wallet which appears to be a regular wallet NOT a Coinbase one in which you received no problem. You withdraw a small amount of ETH from your coinbase account to this wallet to cover the tx fee which was also recieved successfully, then you chose to send the 4500usdt to coinbase which is when the issue happened and that is totally not OPs problem... if someone pays you cash and you lost the money on your way to the bank its totally your fault and no one else.. unless you wanna scam him which hopefully isnt the case from someone like you

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • didn't know you could win lowendtalk, well done @crunchbits.

beefing up my infra with you, already a few servers deep but this is a class act. looking forward to allentown, PA plans. already there via IncogNet, but this is a whole new level of wow.

anyone who doesn't understand the marketing $$$ saved by this doesn't know good PR.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • hopefully @crunchbits can use that 4500.00 to buy a new vps host cause yesterday almost the whole works was out of stock!

• Crypto really makes transactions complicated due to the decentralised fashion. Its great for privacy, not when you're making a big transaction and getting scammed.

• @Calin said:

@verl20 said: I guess you haven't checked out his discord. His ship is sinking fast.

>

Regards

That problem exists since october and you're still selling services. How about fixing your problems first?

• So @Calin is a scammer?

• @dahartigan said:
    So @Calin is a scammer?

He is a victim of circumstances. Will you be his suggar daddy?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:
    So @Calin is a scammer?

He can be my hen

• @dahartigan said:

@LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:
    So @Calin is a scammer?

He can be my hen

For 4500$ you can buy him from crunchy daddy.

• emg88emg88 Member
    edited December 2023

(removed)

• @LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:

@LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:
    So @Calin is a scammer?

He can be my hen

For 4500$ you can buy him from crunchy daddy.

He already paid $500 so it's only $4000

Thanked by 1Levi
  • MukulWMukulW Member, Host Rep

@emg88 said:
    Maybe try escrow service?

Escrow with whom dear?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@MukulW said:

@emg88 said:
    Maybe try escrow service?

Escrow with whom dear?

crunchbits

Thanked by 1emg88
  • mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited December 2023

@Calin said:

>

Regards

Well we're getting peppered by broadcast storms hitting every VPS with >100Mbps of random SSH traffic and nobody seems to know how to fix this.

I pcapp'd about a minute worth of this traffic and its literally garbage traffic being blasted to everyone. If anyone here wants to take a look, feel free to join the Discord or PM me for the file.

Upload to even Google's closest POP is <10Mbps

And I'm still not happy that I paid for a service that says 140MB/s disk, then got locked to 50MB/s because I was taking the whole node down when trying to do chunk hash checks.

If this could have been sorted out in the first 3 months of service I had to pre-pay for, of which the service was not even usable, that wouldn't be much of an issue but now I can't get my data off the VPS because upload is so slow and I now need to pay a renewal on the 4th just so my box doesn't get deleted and I lose all the data.

• @mikewazar said:

@Calin said:

>

Regards

Well we're getting peppered by broadcast storms hitting every VPS with >100Mbps of random SSH traffic and nobody seems to know how to fix this.

Upload to even Google's closest POP is <10Mbps

And I'm still not happy that I paid for a service that says 140MB/s disk, then got locked to 50MB/s because I was taking the whole node down when trying to do chunk hash checks.

If this could have been sorted out in the first 3 months of service I had to pre-pay for, of which the service was not even usable, that wouldn't be much of an issue but now I can't get my data off the VPS because upload is so slow and I now need to pay a renewal on the 4th just so my box doesn't get deleted and I lose all the data.

Add to the above, the uptime stats don't correlate to what VPS customers actually experience so the uptime data shown is either data from a different node/monitor only VPS made just to buff the uptime/stability.

I want to help and I want to remain a customer but then you started throwing threats and stopped engaging.

• I've been a customer for over a year and we actually talked about getting a dedi to better suit my needs but you insisted the IO problem won't break anything and that I would get what I pay for.

You probably have a shit load of work to be done with this migration issue/colo move/etc but on the 4th, when I am to renew my services (60TB VPS) these issues have to have been sorted out by then.

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited December 2023

@host_c said:
    Well, this bail-out does create a precedent , so I am more curious of the next one.......

I think Calin got the lesson.

Stop calling Romania a shit hole ! ( even if it kinda is :smiley: in someways )

Or I will call the god of thunder on you :D

Romania is actually really nice place, you have no clue hihi B)