Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• As I posted the above...

@Calin <3

• Upload also appears to be recovering:

• **DARK MAGIC RULES **

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

:+1:

Magic

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@mikewazar said:
    I do wonder why -everyone- else on the Discord can't manage that. Which node are you on @jsg out of interest?

Afaik STOR-1 but if you tell me how to find it out (where in the panel) I'll look it up, though not today anymore.

• @jsg said:

@mikewazar said:
    I do wonder why -everyone- else on the Discord can't manage that. Which node are you on @jsg out of interest?

Afaik STOR-1 but if you tell me how to find it out (where in the panel) I'll look it up, though not today anymore.

It appears the upload speed issue has been fixed. Even my own boxes across all nodes are pushing 200-300Mbps upload

I'm happy.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@mikewazar said:
    I want to visit Romania :—)

You should do that, you will not regret ga to Oradea it's a nice city the nature is also really nice

I can confirm that, just came back from there and it was an very beautiful city.

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited December 2023

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@mikewazar said:

You should do that, you will not regret ga to Oradea it's a nice city the nature is also really nice

I can confirm that, just came back from there and it was an very beautiful city.

Pretty good place to buy a house or piece of land for the future. B) Maybe @Calin can give me some housing tips ?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@COLBYLICIOUS said: I can confirm that, just came back from there and it was an very beautiful city.

>

Go on Orastie city!!!

• @mikewazar you called it too soon, everyone in Discord is reporting the global 100 Mb/s packet flood has returned.

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@mikewazar said:

Did you also went to Transalpina ? here you can pretty much see the whole milky way, probably the most special place i have seen.

• @Moopah said:
    @mikewazar you called it too soon, everyone in Discord is reporting the global 100 Mb/s packet flood has returned.

I was both the person that called it fixed first and the person who picked up it started again…

I posted a Hetrixtool public monitor on Discord so people can look at it themselves

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@mikewazar said:

Did you also went to Transalpina ? here you can pretty much see the whole milky way, probably the most special place i have seen.

Unfortunately not, I went with my college mates with a rented minibus and a predetermined route. Unfortunately Transalpina was not included but I managed to see Transfagarasan this year and I recommend it.

• 24/7 support. But support done be the clients :D . First time I see this...

Thanked by 1let_rocks
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    24/7 support. But support done be the clients :D . First time I see this...

LowEndSupport is nomore just a joke

• @balramm It's been like 4 days, we need status update. Do we praise CB even more, we stay on the same 'woah, crazy' line or it's time to find mooooar pitchforks!?

There is a true love between you and pitchforks i see. :D

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

Curious: In the screenshot @Calin says he wanted to save money for colocation.

Wasn't the purpose of the at-home DC because... colocation costs? Are you moving stuff to a colocation facility now?

• @MannDude said:

Wasn't the purpose of the at-home DC because... colocation costs? Are you moving stuff to a colocation facility now?

I guess the Maths is no longer Mathing. Maybe he did not add up all the costs involved in running a basement DC vs colocation?

• @MannDude said:

From my convo with Calin (public, in Discord) he plans to move to colo yeah

• @Sululu said:

@MannDude said:

I guess the Maths is no longer Mathing. Maybe he did not add up all the costs involved in running a basement DC vs colocation?

Best to ask @Calin himself instead of assuming why he's changing things up.

@MannDude

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

Ah okay, cool. I enjoyed watching the home DC build / progress. I think most of knew it wasn't sustainable long term but am interested in seeing how things pan out and wish him luck.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MannDude said:
    Ah okay, cool. I enjoyed watching the home DC build / progress. I think most of knew it wasn't sustainable long term but am interested in seeing how things pan out and wish him luck.

It's a weird wave. Basement DC wins until X kW deployed gear, then it actually generally makes more sense to go colo/cage until YYY kW, which it then makes sense to go back to 'basement' DC (aka build your own purpose-built datacenter) at Z MW.

Of course, that's based on lowest-cost pure infrastructure only. Value to be had so you can sleep at night is always worth something, and the whole equation with employees/getting into 'maintenance' of facilities outside of your direct industry, etc.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • I don't get why a network upstream change can't happen before moving colo. There's no timeline on the colo (literally could be a year from now?)

Meanwhile:

• We have to pay the bills
    • Our data is stuck
    • Speedtest to off-net Vodafone is fine, but rsync off-net is 1Mbps

@jsg you able to test something for me?

Thanked by 2host_c RapToN

@mikewazar said: I don't get why a network upstream change can't happen before moving colo. There's no timeline on the colo (literally could be a year from now?)

>
    In order to change an ISP in Romania, you have to make a minimum 24-month contract, besides that it is a maximum bureaucracy and separate fiber routes should be drawn similar at our actuall ISP , again, at the moment we have our own resources, hardware, space where we keep the servers, even the fiber to the nearest backbone of our ISP, to change the current ISP would cost thousands of euros, and it would not be profitable for an investment for a maximum of 2 months

Regards

@mikewazar said:
    I don't get why a network upstream change can't happen before moving colo. There's no timeline on the colo (literally could be a year from now?)

Meanwhile:

• Our data is stuck

Because where he is, there is no physical way to push more bandwidth.

Orange is a Retail provider, they can do business net, but only in DataCenter or in some zones, definitely not in a country-side. And the city he is in, ~20.000 people, that is country-side.

• @Calin said:

@mikewazar said: I don't get why a network upstream change can't happen before moving colo. There's no timeline on the colo (literally could be a year from now?)

>
    In order to change an ISP in Romania, you have to make a minimum 24-month contract, besides that it is a maximum bureaucracy and separate fiber routes should be drawn similar at our actuall ISP , again, at the moment we have our own resources, hardware, space where we keep the servers, even the fiber to the nearest backbone of our ISP, to change the current ISP would cost thousands of euros, and it would not be profitable for an investment for a maximum of 2 months

Regards

So the colo move timeline is 2 months?

edited December 2023

And yes, what @Calin also wrote, the charge you with a 24mo contract at each change, unless you tel them to fuck themselves as what they promised it does not work. I will urge calin to learn not to be polite with ISP, as 90% of the time they cannot deliver.

We usually ask for a test line before we sign a contract, and we stipulate if they cannot do 80% of max promised, we end the contract on sight.

• @host_c said:

@mikewazar said:
    I don't get why a network upstream change can't happen before moving colo. There's no timeline on the colo (literally could be a year from now?)

Meanwhile:

• Our data is stuck

Because where he is, there is no physical way to push more bandwidth.

Orange is a Retail provider, they can do business net, but only in DataCenter or in some zones, definitely not in a country-side. And the city he is in, ~20.000 people, that is country-side.

You misunderstood what I said.

There are other providers (but Calin has explained a 2yr min contract...), and performance to them is literally >100x better but only via speedtest. I'm going to try and obfuscate my traffic to see if the upstream is shaping certain traffic because compare the below:

@MannDude said: Curious: In the screenshot @Calin says he wanted to save money for colocation.

>

Yes , recently we investment lot of money in new hardware (we don't want our DDr3 hardware on our colocation) old hardware what usage lot of U per rack

In same time costs for colocation it's expensive for first time , we need pay:

1k$ installation fee for configure router and network and other things
    1.4-1.5k euros for router
    600-700 euros for caddy server (150+ caddy)
    shipping servers it's approx 600-700 euros , because the servers are heavy and long, we are talking about servers with 27 bays, more professional people are needed to help manage them and move them physically
    Rails it's approx 600 euros
    Other urgent costa approx 800 euros
    And pre-paid colocation for minimum 3 months in advance that cost for now approx 1600 euros

In order to collect the money for these things, we did the following:

We reduced the physical number of servers and moved clients with dedicated servers to VPS, or purchased newer generation servers with a higher capacity of storage/ram

We reduced the number of IPv4, and at the same time we reduced the abuse reports to 0 when it comes to certain activities

We have started to move all customers who will be colocated to the same vLAN for easier management and to give up multiple internet contracts

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1MannDude