Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• @Francisco said: Calin will get more business because of this? Because that’s who’s holding the funds.

It's not actually.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@emgh said: It's not actually.

>

Was there proof given at some point that I missed in the thread?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@emgh said: It's not actually.

>

Was there proof given at some point that I missed in the thread?

Francisco

@crunchbits confirmed proof

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2023

This was a great popcorn drama which had an awesome happy ending. Now this is what I call a good plot twist. This has got to be the most unique popcorn drama ever on LET due to its happy ending.

Meanwhile... I learned a few things about staying away from Coinbase.

• does anybody know whether coinbase blocks account temporarily or permanatly in such situation?

• @Francisco said: Calin will get more business because of this? Because that’s who’s holding the funds.

crunchbits will get more business because of seemingly a killer marketing move

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@JasonM said:
    does anybody know whether coinbase blocks account temporarily or permanatly in such situation?

Temporarily until you do KYC, etc.

Just like paypal

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Thanks to Calin, who did not send any proof to OP so that we can have a drama here. That makes @crunchbits's reputation go very high after this.
    If he sent the proof to OP like what he sent to crunchbits then OP would be happy and Calin could save his service reputation.

• @kainjinez said:
    Thanks to Calin, who did not send any proof to OP so that we can have a drama here. That makes @crunchbits's reputation go very high after this.
    If he sent the proof to OP like what he sent to crunchbits then OP would be happy and Calin could save his service reputation.

Actually reputation of @Calin goes up too, because he wanted to refund, and now accepted to refund through a third party. Now he gets precious time to deal with Coinbase.

Thanked by 3kainjinez host_c jsg
  • DigiRDP will benefit from this situation too. Congratulations to all parties.

• @default said: Actually reputation of @Calin goes up too,

That is a slap in the face for all of his customers who are waiting for a working service.

Thanked by 2JasonM gbzret4d
  • Happy Ending 🎉

• Can I get a loan for 10k with 0% interest? My christmas needs new tree and lights.

• akaemuakaemu Member
    edited December 2023

• Only a fool would think of using coinbase (look at what happened to binance). It's a literal money laundering exchange (every single crypto exchange is). They are sneaky bastards who have been caught doing pump and dump schemes. Look it up if you do not trust me.

Anyone doing a business and wanting to accept crypto should host their own BTCPay server, instead of relying on exchanges like coinbase

• @FatGrizzly Impressive work on crunchbits.rip -- the live2d messages are... something else.

lol

• @LTniger said:
    Can we call this a blatant scam? Or this again falls under the grey area and no ban will be issued?

Around 10 years ago i lost bitcoins to @xoxo . just saw his id, he hasnt logged in since the scam but he isnt blocked either. Everyone at LET knew about the scam then. So, things like these keep happening here.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

Not surprised Coinbase would do something like this. All the big established may do stuff like this. Not sure if this is really what happened, but it's possible and i would presume not even too uncommon.

There's also another older gateway, i think the first one with WHMCS module, who kicked us out because they did not approve of our service (seedboxes).

We also got kicked out of Moneybookers (now skrill or whatever) after like a decade for the very same reason.

One exchange, local to us, Coinmotion back then known with other name reported all our transactions to tax agency, causing us huge grief with tax agency with sub context of tax fraud charges despite everything was taxed and accounted for as they should be. Coinmotion then proceeded to lie about it, claiming they have never submitted any information to tax agency BUT that's what tax agency showed us as a proof. Ofc it could be possible tax agency got the data from banks, but it looked ... too amateurish to be from bank (missing transactions etc.).

Use a processor which doesn't take political stances, or aren't known to be woke. Coinbase leadership tried to take over BTC as a whole (BCash debacle), that's when we got out.

We were the first hosting business to accept crypto (BTC only back then!) as a payment. We will continue to accept crypto due to the freedoms and there being no ways to freeze those assets unless you don't "own the coins" to begin with, ie. they are at a exchange or payment processor and not in your own wallet.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2023

@eezcloud said:
    Understatement of the year. This was a killer marketing move. All the comments about him giving a 0% loan, he will get 10X back in new business.

If they do, they bloody deserve it!

Thanked by 2host_c netomx
  • Classic entitled LET users.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@jsg said:

@eezcloud said:
    Understatement of the year. This was a killer marketing move. All the comments about him giving a 0% loan, he will get 10X back in new business.

If they do, they bloody deserve it!

Yes, anyone that puts their money where their mouth is deserves to ear something.

In this case, @crunchbits , from my point of view, you earned a ton of respect from our side for sure :+1: .

@Calin , King of cave Host DCMA ignore :smiley: , you got saved by the bell mate. I am pleased you did not go under the waves. Fix the god damn Crypto Account.

EDIT:

Leave the dedi Ryzen to others, focus on your colocation for now, that will solve some of your problems.

• coldcold Member
    edited December 2023

@0xOkami said:
    Why the hell would you give iHostArt 4.5k????

Okami

a scammer ? they mostly do deals btw them 4.5k in crypto and 15 virgins !

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

• @default said:
    This was a great popcorn drama which had an awesome happy ending. Now this is what I call a good plot twist. This has got to be the most unique popcorn drama ever on LET due to its happy ending.

it's also possible that the coins were tainted (went through a hacked/scammed wallet in the past), in which case this is also a lesson to stay away from transparent blockchain coins. use monero, the only widely used crypto that is truly fungible

• @naphtha said:

@default said:

it's also possible that the coins were tainted (went through a hacked/scammed wallet in the past), in which case this is also a lesson to stay away from transparent blockchain coins. use monero, the only widely used crypto that is truly fungible

USDT is best one I've used so far, most stable.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Absolute big up to @crunchbits who could handle this! I depart from this thread lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@LTniger said:
    Can I get a loan for 10k with 0% interest? My christmas needs new tree and lights.

Pull some diks from your data center and you can have a Christmas tree.

@bacloud Christmas tree

Thanked by 1netomx