Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

Hey all,
So it started here.
https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190686/looking-for-7950x-25x/p1

I posted about the need for 25x 7950x servers.
and he messaged me.

I took 25x servers with someone else so I said no to @Calin

After a few days. I needed 30 more servers, and I messaged him to ask if he could provide them, and this is what he said.

Now, coming to the main point.

I messaged him on Monday for an update and this is when he started giving us Excuses

Now daily "Waiting for Coinbase resolution."

and after a few days

Does this make any sense?
Take someone $4500 and then do not deliver servers and then say I will return in 9 months? Am I having a baby or what?

We also said to deliver those 6-7 servers you have in stock, and you can deduct when you refund us, but he denied so I guess he does not have that too.

You can see here he transferred funds to somewhere else- https://etherscan.io/address/0x69Dd15a0a15f6EaD9Eb7b899Dd5041384121A179

Now, why am I posting this here?
Because I am ready to wait for Coinbase's solution if it is stuck, but here is the problem.

He is not giving us any proof

Now, I want suggestions from you guys on what to do in this case.
I can wait for Coinbase resolution if @Calin Provides us with a Coinbase reply every time until the problem is resolved.

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

Hello @balramm I'm still waiting you paypal account

At the same time, I wrote quite clearly, but I see that you did not post the screenshot, the payment was received by you and I confirm this, when we took the money to our company's bank account, coinbase blocked the transaction

Regards

• Never thought someone like this would exist but here we are. Anyway @balramm , I have a bridge to sell. Interested?

• pay monkeys get peanus

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @0xOkami said:
    Why the hell would you give iHostArt 4.5k????

Okami

To host art piece.

• Where can I get $4.5k? I need to get more VPS

• @Liso said:

@0xOkami said:
    Why the hell would you give iHostArt 4.5k????

Okami

To host art piece.

To help Calin retire early.

• You sort of deserve to get scammed if you genuinely trusted a basement hoster with 4.5k.

• Need more popcorn

Thanked by 1northernjames
    edited December 2023

@fluffernutter said: You sort of deserve to get scammed if you genuinely trusted a basement hoster with 4.5k.

>
    Certainly my goal is not to scam people on the Internet, including with a company and on a public forum where I confirmed that I received the respective transaction, only that the money is blocked by coinbase when I withdrew, very strange because I had similar payments in bitcoin in the past but don't happened this things, @balramm paid with TRC20 so most probality that it's cause , after this incident , I'm want stop accept large crypto payments.

Regards

• @Calin - if you take money, you must deliver the servers precisely as understood. This is gentleman's word.

If not... then... you're a criminal and we all get popcorn.

• I guess OP didn't check out Calin's discord first. You would have seen what a shit show he's running.

Thanked by 1Fazzil
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    @FlorinMarian enjoy

I don't want to, although I can hardly resist seeing that in the conversation on WhatsApp he had the courage to write "coinbase say exchange blocked for security reasons". It's clear that he doesn't know how the blockchain works, but it's a shame that he has the impression that the others don't either.
    For me as a customer, it would have been a red flag for someone to claim to have such a large stock, but what can you see, it is not for sale anywhere (neither as hosting nor as hardware).

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • @0xOkami said: Why the hell would you give iHostArt 4.5k????

I hesitated to buy his $6/yr VPS from ihostart
    and you paid $4.5K in advance!!!! OMG!

• Can we call this a blatant scam? Or this again falls under the grey area and no ban will be issued?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @Calin said: Certainly my goal is not to scam people on the Internet, including with a company and on a public forum

I didn't get extacly your point from those conversation screenshots posted by you and the OP. But you said you don't have $4.5K right now, then you have it in your Paypal balance so that you are sending him full refund? or that you're intended to pay $500/mo for 9 months??

• damn @cociu been caught.
    don't worry, ihostart will deadpool soon and after that a new company will emerge.

• Also today we learn a lesson, never pay anyone in bulk amount (if that's a huge payment). Slice the transaction into smaller parts. So even if something bad happens inbetween your (seller/buyer) all money is not duped!!!

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

Not sure about the scene here, but we are having same issue with Coinbase too.
    Over 1000GBP stuck with them, copy/pasted replies, been over 15 days. So it might not be an excuse but real issue. Hope things work out for both of you!

PS: We switched to different payment gateway today.

• To represent the financials about 30x 7950X 128GB 1TB SSD you are looking at around $2500+ per Server so it would be an investment of min $75000 for the hardware alone.

edited December 2023

@MattBGP said:
    To represent the financials about 30x 7950X 128GB 1TB SSD you are looking at around $2500+ per Server so it would be an investment of min $75000 for the hardware alone.

I don't take his defense either, but in Romania I just checked today and with 2000 EUR I can even get 192GB RAM and 2x 1.92TB Samsung 990 PRO NVMe as upgrade.
    Obviously, this loss of $4500 would not stop anyone from delivering at least 4 of the 7-8 servers promised for this money.

edited December 2023

@FlorinMarian said: For me as a customer, it would have been a red flag for someone to claim to have such a large stock, but what can you see, it is not for sale anywhere (neither as hosting nor as hardware).

Be chill and go on you thread , gazduirejocuri.ro (company where you have colocation in the past have this stock)and that company was going to provide us this servers

edited December 2023

@JasonM said: I didn't get extacly your point from those conversation screenshots posted by you and the OP. But you said you don't have $4.5K right now, then you have it in your Paypal balance so that you are sending him full refund? or that you're intended to pay $500/mo for 9 months??

>

Until coinbase unlocks the amount of money, I will return $500 monthly via paypal, not crypto, I'm not interested in crypto
    if coinbase unlocks the amount of money next month, for example, I will give back $4000, because I already gave $500 from paypal

And yes, right now we don't have that amount available to give a full refund from just one transaction

I don't know exactly when coinbase unlock this amount

Regards

@Calin said:

@FlorinMarian said: For me as a customer, it would have been a red flag for someone to claim to have such a large stock, but what can you see, it is not for sale anywhere (neither as hosting nor as hardware).

Be chill and go on you thread , gazduirejocuri.ro (company where you have colocation in the past have this stock)and that company was going to provide us with servers

And you take us all for fools, and that's not ok.
    The data center sells the respective setup with 2x 500GB instead of 2x1TB NVMe for 224.87 EUR/month and you sell on the same dedicated server for $150.
    It's not even a scam, seriously.

• rattlecattlerattlecattle Member
    edited December 2023

Its quite common for coinbase and other exchanges to block large crypto to fiat and also fiat to crypto transactions but that is totally the seller's responsibility, not the buyer's.

Best is to keep it in crypto, preferably in a stable coin and convert to fiat in small amounts over a few weeks/months. But this is only possible when seller has sufficient money to purchase those server's in the first place and not directly rely on the clients fund to procure.

Thanked by 2RapToN adly

@FlorinMarian said: It's not even a scam, seriously.

You are talking nonsense again, have you personally contacted razvan? Did you talk to him that you are interested in a contract, did you say that you want to buy 30x servers and that you will get a discount? the answer is NO.

I contacted him and talked about these things in order to benefit from this price, you speak in ignorance of the cause

• LeviLevi Member
    edited December 2023

@Calin said: Until coinbase unlocks the amount of money, I will return $500 monthly via paypal, not crypto, I'm not interested in crypto

What will you do if crypto price will go up in those months? Will you cover that?