Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@DanSummer said:

@emgh said:

@DanSummer said:

@kainjinez said:
    Now I can feel the winner. That's @crunchbits

Feels that way but we'll not be sure untill @Calin agree. He hasn't said anything publicly about the offer here yet.

I like stories with happy ending.... So, fingers crossed!

Agree to what tbh?

@balramm has every right to sell his debt

And @Calin already said he WILL pay back maximum 9 months, the terms Crunchguy agreed to

I think it's setteled

I as said though still want the account locking to be confirmed by a mod before calling it a happy ending

For this to work, they all have to agree on the terms and transfer that debt.

@balramm agreed publicly. @Calin still has to agree and transfer the first $500 to @crunchbits.

Isn't that how this normally works? I could be wrong though.

Not my expertise, but I’d say no, it’s standard procedure. Debt is always sold around, you just often don’t know

Credit card debt, mortgages, and corporate debt. Traded all the time

When a debt is sold, the debtor is then obligated to repay the new debt holder under the same terms and conditions, unless specified otherwise

As always, 1000 if’s and when’s and quite frankly not the same everywhere

But very generally, I’d say that’s how it works

• I love the fact that victim here is calin :D

Thanked by 4loay sasslik air4x anda
  • @crunchbits said:
    @Calin @balramm

I have a proposition:

1. I'll give @balramm $4,500 of credit on our platform
    2. I'll match the specs/price of 7950X servers quoted in OP
    3. I'll buy the debt and take the payments from @Calin monthly as stipulated (or in full if released sooner from Coinbase)
    4. If interested, happy to discuss timelines/specifics.

What a way to actually get a big servers' customer from Calin.

Good god...

• @LTniger said:
    I love the fact that victim here is calin :D

Everyone’s a victim

Even Coinbase is likely a victim to regulations

Even though they could have handeled it 10x better

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • Although that he haven’t shown even the email does concern me, that’s all I’ll say

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

Couldn't @Calin save face and remove any speculation of foul play by simply posting a screenshot from Coinbase?

• @yoursunny said: is taxable as income

Thanked by 1davide
  • @LTniger said:

I love the fact that your comments seamlessly blends into the background noise of this discussion. Some people here are trying to help resolve the situation or at least suggest feasible ways of resolving the situation but it appears that you're more focused on stirring the pot.

• @MannDude said:
    Couldn't @Calin save face and remove any speculation of foul play by simply posting a screenshot from Coinbase?

He doesn't have access to the account, got locked from outside from Coinbase. I deal with them as well, on this kind of stuff they are totally shitty.

Hence why no proof can be given. Fact that has been ignored on this thread time and again.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@MannDude said:

That’s my point. It’s been asked for pages and.. nothing

If that all checks out, he haven’t done anything wrong

Apart from accepting such a large order without having the resources to cover a refund if something were to go wrong, that’s not very sustainable

Thanked by 1adly
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

He doesn't have access to the account, got locked from outside from Coinbase. I deal with them as well, on this kind of stuff they are totally shitty.

Hence why no proof can be given. Fact that has been ignored on this thread time and again.

They don't send an email? No message is shown when trying to login?

Genuine questions.

• Another day and another drama, what's next? ihostnukes?

well then let's LET create drama!!!

• @alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

He’s locked out of Coinbase so he’s locked out of his email too?

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@sillycat said:

@yoursunny said: is taxable as income

:D

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

I'll be doing due-diligence if all parties agree. I won't share (or even ask to share) any PII, but I can at least give my opinion on the validity.

• @emgh said:

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

Looks like calin is using some serious shit bullet proof email provider linked to coinbase account auth :D

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @crunchbits said: I'll be doing due-diligence if all parties agree. I won't share (or even ask to share) any PII, but I can at least give my opinion on the validity.

If no crypto is involved between you and @Calin, maybe you can also consider using services like Escrow?

Thanked by 1emg88
  • @TrK said:

@emgh said:

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

Looks like calin is using some serious shit bullet proof email provider linked to coinbase account auth :D

Lmao

Such a great security feature

Thanked by 1TrK
  • @Maelstrom36 said:

@crunchbits said: I'll be doing due-diligence if all parties agree. I won't share (or even ask to share) any PII, but I can at least give my opinion on the validity.

If no crypto is involved between you and @Calin, maybe you can also consider using services like Escrow?

Calin would just owe Crunch money. Escrow not needed, he isn’t getting anything in return

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @davide already suggested the quickest way to fix the cash flow issue:

• @Maelstrom36 said:

@crunchbits said: I'll be doing due-diligence if all parties agree. I won't share (or even ask to share) any PII, but I can at least give my opinion on the validity.

Deeds already done, maybe OP learned a lesson and will never deal in crypto especially when dealing with any ihostartistic names host, better to sign a deal with a good DC and enjoy the services with legal contract.

Thanked by 3emgh sasslik crpatel
  • @SirFoxy missing perfumes:(

• @SirFoxy said:
    @davide already suggested the quickest way to fix the cash flow issue:

Imma call animal protection activists on LET :D

• @Maelstrom36 said:

@LTniger said:

I love the fact that your comments seamlessly blends into the background noise of this discussion. Some people here are trying to help resolve the situation or at least suggest feasible ways of resolving the situation but it appears that you're more focused on stirring the pot.

This situation will resolve: there is crunchy bits on the white horse and OP with laxed view to his money. Outcome will be good, no real problems.

But what this whole shitshow saying for calin and others, who operate at the same way he is? Go on, resell to the max without proper finance backbone for running costs - community is here to help you.

This called "enabling and supporting bad behavior". And one day he will slip like this again and it may be with 10k.

So stop snowflaking, negativity and realism has its place. The same shitbwas with borta, with "family" guy. There was enablers, believers that everything is good, when it was true bullshit.

/rage

Sorry if I vented to much negative. Just my experience with all sorts of loosers, from whom good people suffered, is taking away my optimism.

• @MannDude said:

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

Genuine questions.

Coinbase works so good that I wouldn't be surprised that the message you get when trying to login is "There seems to be an error with your login credentials. Please try again later"

As for the e-mail, he surely got one stating something investigation-related or some standard thing. Problem is: if there were tickets exchanged, they most certainly weren't sent via e-mail, but dealt directly on Coinbase's interface. So, the best that he could show, I believe, was that very e-mail stating the suspension, but given the level of proof for the transaction requested here, that would render nothing.

I can actually talk on this one for @Calin: I requested in September one of his Storage VPS, which would take a few days to deploy. Then I had some personal issues, which made me need the money, some 30 euros, I just had paid roughly a day ago.

Even though I did realize I paid the service, I approached him explaining the situation and kindly asking if it was possible to refund

That refund was sent roughly 1/2 days later, no further questions asked.

He may take a while, but it's clear to me that it's organic, he does his very best. Hence the proposal of paying in 9 installments, talking about Coinbase knowing damn well he could be sued on this one by both parties, etc.

Of course nothing this matters when all some want is drama.

• Extra post on Coinbase: before selecting an exchange, I've fooled around with them, Bittrex and Binance. Not only Coinbase's plataform sucks ass, slow and sluggish, the level of KYC demanded for an European is absurd, before and during usage. I wouldn't be surprised they demanded some specific, near-impossible to get KYC just to fuck things up: they've sent an e-mail several times to me threatening on suspending withdrawals if I didn't provide them with KYC.

My account had 0 euros.

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

@MannDude said:

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

Genuine questions.

They just closed our case (ticket) by marking it as solved without actually solving the issue. No email or anything and when I replied to their last replied email, this is the auto response I got:

Thanks for the response! We’d love to help you further, however, this case has been closed and cannot be reopened.

This is after 15 days of struggle and not one proper human response. Over 1K GBP stuck, and most likely lost!

Thanked by 1alfatarsos
  • @kuroit said:

@MannDude said:

@alfatarsos said:

@MannDude said:

Genuine questions.

They just closed our case (ticket) by marking it as solved without actually solving the issue. No email or anything and when I replied to their last replied email, this is the auto response I got:

Thanks for the response! We’d love to help you further, however, this case has been closed and cannot be reopened.

This is after 15 days of struggle and not one proper human response. Over 1K GBP stuck, and most likely lost!

Thank you for your donation to Coinbase. Your support case has been closed.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @crunchbits said:
    @Calin @balramm

I have a proposition:

1. I'll give @balramm $4,500 of credit on our platform
    2. I'll match the specs/price of 7950X servers quoted in OP
    3. I'll buy the debt and take the payments from @Calin monthly as stipulated (or in full if released sooner from Coinbase)
    4. If interested, happy to discuss timelines/specifics.

Woww you are real dude brave and crunchy.
    Brutal deal

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2023

@DanSummer said:
    For this to work, they all have to agree on the terms and transfer that debt.

@balramm agreed publicly. @Calin still has to agree and transfer the first $500 to @crunchbits.

Isn't that how this normally works? I could be wrong though.

Problem is that @Calin asked @balram multiple times but so far it seems balram hasn't provided the info Calin needs to make the payments.

@emgh said:
    Although that he haven’t shown even the email does concern me, that’s all I’ll say

Sure. Anything else, anything at all? Just say it and he must deliver! Maybe a nude photo of his wife/girlfriend, a medical examination report?

Calin doesn't owe you or anybody else here any proof, except maybe to balram. and maybe an admin!

If anything, those who willy nilly accused Calin (or anyone else, for that matter) of scamming and whatnot, need proof for their accusations. "That's all I say", my ass.

@kuroit

Gosh, what a shitbox Coinbase is! I hope that you can get your money - and if you can afford it, sue the living sh_t out out of those gangsters!

Thanked by 1alfatarsos
  • mad_4umad_4u Member
    edited December 2023

Just comes on my Mind, what if the Ops crypto at 1st was gained illegally and used the seller to purchase the service and then request a refund!?
    So that he can withdraw the money or cycle it.
    Could be the reason of suspicions.

Could be one of those phone scammers, did the seller checked customer kyc ? If i get such customer with big investments i would run kyc to protect myself.

If someone is paying large amounts they should be ethical and protect their investment using payment method that have protection.

I am just curious.

Thanked by 4jsg alfatarsos FAT32 i4P1