Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2023

@default said:

@Andreix said:
    And kids, that's why you should never get the cheapest hooker you can find.

You pay them in crypto? Is it even possible to pay in crypto for such services?

You pay them without delay using a legal and mutually agreed solution.
    If you paid me in dollars and I pay you using equivalent value worth in apples is ok?

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@balramm and @Calin both are victims and both are making loss here ...

@balramm lost $4500 and @Calin lost his reputation as well as $4500 as one can't be sure if Coinbase will even unblock account

Now most likely @balramm bought these servers for his client, so he was also either reselling these servers or may be providing some solution to some client. These clients if they are local they are going to be holding his NECK and not @Calin's and Balramm will have to either get these servers from other provider or reimburse it to his clients.

@Calin does not have spare funds to give $4500 in one shot but it does seems Calin's intention is not to SCAM, but he just too a big order with good intention and also intended to fulfil it but CoinBase fucked up .

There isn't any perfect solution here unless @Calin is ready to do probably take a loan or something and reimburse @balramm and save his reputation, though we Low End Detectives don't know if that's even possible or not

@balramm will have to probably accept the monthly instalment payment solution untill @Calin's account is unblocked by coinbase and probably pay from his own pocket to his clients ...

• balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

@HostEONS said:

@balramm lost $4500 and @Calin lost his reputation as well as $4500 as one can't be sure if Coinbase will even unblock account

Now most likely @balramm bought these servers for his client, so he was also either reselling these servers or may be providing some solution to some client. These clients if they are local they are going to be holding his NECK and not @Calin's and Balramm will have to either get these servers from other provider or reimburse it to his clients.

@Calin does not have spare funds to give $4500 in one shot but it does seems Calin's intention is not to SCAM, but he just too a big order with good intention and also intended to fulfil it but CoinBase fucked up .

There isn't any perfect solution here unless @Calin is ready to do probably take a loan or something and reimburse @balramm and save his reputation, though we Low End Detectives don't know if that's even possible or not

@balramm will have to probably accept the monthly instalment payment solution untill @Calin's account is unblocked by coinbase and probably pay from his own pocket to his clients ...

As per my post, I can wait until the Coinbase unblocks the account, but that is when @Calin gives me any proof of the coinbase email or account block, which he is clearly denying. I will wait for @FAT32 update on this.

Thanked by 3ordinanceb emgh adly

@balramm said:

@HostEONS said:

As per my post, I can wait until the Coinbase unblocks the account, but that is when @Calin gives me any proof of the coinbase email or account block, which he is clearly denying. I will wait for @FAT32 update on this.

I hope this resolves quickly for you, it's sort of troubling situation for both you ...

Thanked by 1ordinanceb
  • @balramm Quick question: Have you thought about getting into LowEndLending?

Thanked by 3sasslik HostEONS op23

@totally_not_banned said:
    @balramm Quick question: Have you thought about getting into LowEndLending?

LowEndLoans - 100% approvability, almost 0% chances of payback.

• @HostEONS said:

As I see this situation - calin has no servers in stock to fullfil the order. He invoiced customer while not having equipment in stock. This is the real tragedy here. Reselling to the extreme.

Want to clarify one thing

We paid @Calin via ERC 20 USDT
    not via eth,btc, or any other crypto token
    So it's fine if he returns $4500 in crypto or fiat

Thanked by 2Levi adly
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@balramm said:

Is it possible for you to accept in installments? I can understand the frustration here, but Coinbase fucked up.

To the people saying Calin bagged the funds, it's highly unlikely that he would scam someone contacting via LET dms, since he was banned on LET previously.

Obviously this is just an assumption, hopefully this is true.

Thanked by 2sh97 naphtha

@FatGrizzly said:

@balramm said:

Is it possible for you to accept in installments? I can understand the frustration here, but Coinbase fucked up.

To the people saying Calin bagged the funds, it's highly unlikely that he would scam someone contacting via LET dms, since he was banned on LET previously.

@balramm said: gives me any proof of the coinbase email or account block, which he is clearly denying

My ask is clear. if he does this, I will accept the installment or wait for the account to be unblocked.
    I am a provider I will never want to ruin anyone's reputation. I posted this here only because he kept denying not providing any proof.

@balramm said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@balramm said:

@balramm said: gives me any proof of the coinbase email or account block, which he is clearly denying

My ask is clear. if he does this, I will accept the installment or wait for the account to be unblocked.
    I am a provider I will never want to ruin anyone's reputation. I posted this here only because he kept denying not providing any proof.

@Calin I think you should just provide PROOF and get done with it ...

@balramm that's how people should try to find the solution to the such a tricky situation ... Cheers

Thanked by 1kuroit
  • @balramm said: I posted this here only because he kept denying not providing any proof.

If you didn't post it, it is guaranteed that such extreme reselling would continue on. Thank you for your contribution and not enabling such behavior to develop further. I bet that @calin took a lesson here. A hard one to the butt.

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited December 2023

I urge everyone to join the Discord:

https://discord.com/channels/1100649526232092692/1100760493423083560

there is currently a wildfire happening

if anyone can assist pls help us

• I think HostEONS analysis is spot on here - there is issue with both sides.

I wouldn't trust a one man show basement host with $4500 (no offense to Calin, I respect your hustle). Balram sounds Indian, that's Lakhs of rupees easily locally and a very big amount.

As a basement host, I should know my limits. Here Calin was trying to sell a product he did not have, all dependant on "rolling" (as we say in India) the customers money. This was a big fuck up, with no backup plan in mind.

Even though the issue is with Coinbase, as a customer if I pay money, I expect the service to be delivered in the given timeframe. Whether the seller does not have money or anything is of no matter to the customer since a deal was already agreed upon.

About monthly payments, lmao. This is not a loan service where you payback in installments. I'll leave it at there.

I don't think it's really a scamming attempt from Calin, but very poor planning (extreme overselling without a product?) And maybe some bad luck.

• @mikewazar said:

capture a screenshot or give invitation link

• @kainjinez said:

@mikewazar said:

capture a screenshot or give invitation link

https://discord.gg/X9nUZTQW

• Only Coinbase is the winner here. Crypto is good as long as it is not converted to fiat, that is when all the problem starts.

Note that If OP accepts refund via PayPal, OP's account could be blocked/temporarily frozen by PayPal instead for accepting a large sum.

@rattlecattle said:
    Only Coinbase is the winner here. Crypto is good as long as it is not converted to fiat, that is when all the problem starts.

Note that If OP accepts refund via PayPal, OP's account could be blocked/temporarily frozen by PayPal instead for accepting a large sum.

OP is a provider and if he is already using PayPal for business, should not be a problem as he must be already received funds in PayPal on regular basis

PayPal usually does a temp hold or freeze if it's a new account or if all of a sudden there is a huge payment coming in ... but if account is old and being used on regular basis, they don't bother

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@HostEONS said: OP is a provider and if he is already using PayPal for business, should not be a problem as he must be already received funds in PayPal on regular basis

>

Yes that it's true , we have 100k+$ transferred money in our PayPal account in last 3-4 years so no problems about payments block or other similar things

Regards

• @dIsK said:

@Calin said: I will reimburse the amount via paypal, in a period of several months

So you basically steal 4500 USD in Ethereum and wanna make profit from it as price will go up in several months. Stupid sh*t scammer

Why are you so sure it'll keep going up?
    It can start falling like stone any day now.

• @Calin said:

@didtav said: coinbase blocked your account is your problem, customer should not hold responsible.

Yes , and my I'm want just give refund to @balramm because i m don't delivery services but @balramm don't replay me with Paypal account!!!

So, you're ready to pay him back the full $4500 through PayPal today. Correct?

edited December 2023

@DanSummer said: So, you're ready to pay him back the full $4500 through PayPal today. Correct?

>
    The payment will be received monthly, and will be completed in a few months
    , maximum 9, but I will definitely try to pay it faster

@Calin said:

@DanSummer said: So, you're ready to pay him back the full $4500 through PayPal today. Correct?

>

The payment will be made in several months, maximum 9, but I will definitely try to pay it faster

Bwhahahahaha

Thanked by 3henix sasslik adly
  • @Calin said:

>

The payment will be made in several months, maximum 9, but I will definitely try to pay it faster

Lol

• My only problem is, why is it so hard to provide the proof of your Coinbase account being blocked? Censor personal information and give proof.

Thanked by 2MannDude netomx

@Andreix said: Bwhahahahaha

>

Edited now.

• @balramm can i get a credit too?
    4.5k / 12 mo @ 6% interest?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2023

What a shitshow! In particular wrt certain LET users who obviously are only trying to stir the fire and to play "hunt the witch"; of course the witch being assigned by themselves. How would you like it if e.g. you @dIsK were treated in the despicable way you treat(ed) @Calin?

As for the matter itself:

Oh eeevil Calin who dared to make what he thought to be a tasty deal! And, to make it worse, not to immediately refund funds he didn't receive in the first place, due to some shady shitbox called "Coinbase" denying access to the funds!

In other words: If you absolutely want an evil culprit then do not look at Calin or @balram, rather look at Coinbase!

Second point: Oh soooo eeevil Calin - willy nilly allegedly - making a profit due to the crypto-"money" rising in value ... If you weren't bloody assholes you'd at least wait for the outcome. Maybe the value rises, maybe not. But of course you want to allege, judge, and condemn Calin now.

Third point: The (possibly) "rising value" problem could be solved easily by Calin and balram finding an agreement that any potential difference shall be balanced out by the party which gains. If the crypto-"money" rises, Calin refunds the difference to balram, if it falls then balram compensates Calin for the loss.

But the whole "Calin makes a profit from rising crypto-"money" value!!!" is moot anyway, because the deal between the two was in $$ - only the way how to pay was crypto-"money".
    Thanks btw. to balram for confirming that.

But ... (sorry) ... if certain trolls had done what any reasonable person does before judging that is, looking at both sides, they'd have found out that digirdp, the hoster (or reseller?) balram works for or own says in their own TOS, under "refund policy", I quote, "Refunds are also not available for dedicated servers". Oopsie.

Btw their (obviously mindlessly copy/pasted) TOS is null and void anyway because the jurisdiction is named as "State of [State]".

From what I see it's simple. Both wanted to make a tasty deal and both are not perfect human beings. Most importantly though, both seem to be victims not of each other but of coinbase.

And for those self-entitled fun-seeking (at the cost of others, of course) assholes who behave as if they were a judge towards Calin and demand this or that proof, I have a clear message: GFY!

Finally kudos to Calin for clearly and right away stating that he is willing to refund balram, albeit in 9 installments. If he hadn't started this drama thread I'd have kudos for balram too, but alas, he did start it.

@Calin said:

@Andreix said: Bwhahahahaha

>

Edited now.

Bwha
    haha
    haha

Edited now. Same Bwhahahahaha but in multiple rows instead of a single one bigger.