Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• @LTniger said: Furthermore, you will profit from crypto price fluctuations.

thats why the 9 month ;)
    the plan was uncovered!

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@LTniger said: If you send money via diff payment method

You read screenshot from my first page? @balramm don't give me the mail from his Paypal account for send money back to @balramm

• Filling sad for @balramm I would be dead if this was happened to me.

• @Calin said:

You read screenshot from my first page? @balramm don't give me the mail from his Paypal account

If you send money via paypal when received crypto, than it is money laundering.

• @dIsK said:

@Calin said: bro you are just a troll , who just wants to stir the fire even more

where is the proof to the coinbase story? :)
    your plan was uncovered right ;)

• Fuck crypto, Paypal for life

Thanked by 2Calin PineappleM
  • @Carlin0 said: Fuck crypto, Paypal for life

crypto good, scammer bad

@LTniger said: If you send money via paypal when received crypto, than it is money laundering.

>

Again question , how you want send money back in crypto if my coinbase account it's blocked?Hear what you say?A backup option would be to send the money through another exchange, through kraken or similar, but I don't want to bite it again and have my money blocked again, the easiest way is through paypal, because I collaborated best with paypal and never once did my account get blocked or other such nonsense

• @Calin said: my coinbase account it's blocked

so lets pretend this thread does not exists, you would send 500 USD each month, from the money you steal, and also made a profit, so good to be you, scammer

• @FlorinMarian said:

@LTniger said:
    @FlorinMarian enjoy

I don't want to, although I can hardly resist seeing that in the conversation on WhatsApp he had the courage to write "coinbase say exchange blocked for security reasons". It's clear that he doesn't know how the blockchain works, but it's a shame that he has the impression that the others don't either.
    For me as a customer, it would have been a red flag for someone to claim to have such a large stock, but what can you see, it is not for sale anywhere (neither as hosting nor as hardware).

coinbase can and does indeed block transactions. with coinbase you DO NOT have the keys to the wallet, coinbase does. "not your keys, not your coins"

@Carlin0 said:
    Fuck crypto, Paypal for life

lmfao

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

@balramm maybe you can also contact coinbase directly about your issue, that might work out for you.

• it's marvellous to see how some people here tear themselves apart. please keep it up!

Thanked by 2host_c notdennis

I think it has gone too far with this thread, and this thread just defame us, I offered the solution to offer the customer a refund, and the customer still refuses leave Paypal account, after I spammed several times on whatsapp it says that don't use paypal.

I am waiting for a solution from the client to offer the money back in several months, a legal solution! No crypto or other bullshits

@Arkas @FAT32 this title should be changed in my opinion, a scammer would not ask someone for a paypal account to give the money back

• @Calin said:
    I think it has gone too far with this thread, and this thread just defame us, I offered the solution to offer the customer a refund, and the customer still refuses leave Paypal account, after I spammed several times on whatsapp it says that don't use paypal.

I am waiting for a solution from the client to offer the money back in several months, a legal solution! No crypto or other bullshits

@Arkas @FAT32 this title should be changed in my opinion, a scammer would not ask someone for a paypal account to give the money back

It is not a solution to take crypto and than pay fixed amount via X months via different payment gateway. OP don't want to participate in money laundering.You are not able to deliver servers, it is finito for you.

Now interesting part about LET admins and their decision to boot you out of this forum.

• @LTniger said: Sent back the same amount of crypto.

I'm unrelated to either party but why should he pay in Crypto? What was the monetary unit of transaction in contract?

you will profit from crypto price fluctuations.

There is nothing definite in crypto. He may also lose!

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

It surely is worrying especially the amount involved is not small, but I would hope to hear from @Calin side of story more. Can you PM me the proof in case you don't want it to be shared publicly?

Thanked by 1_MS_

@harrison said: I'm unrelated to either party but why should he pay in Crypto? What was the monetary unit of transaction in contract?

>

the amount was from the very beginning in dollars, the invoice was made in dollars, the client said he wanted to pay in crypto

Thanked by 1harrison
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@Calin

Wait a sec

So the story as I have seen it.

Customer contacted you, a provider known for "God of I don't give a shit DCMA I'll host anything" for x amount of services. - I am right on the God of ...... - Sorry mate, but this tracts different type of clientele, and you know that.

You both agreed on a payment. ( FIAT but payed with cripto as the custumer chous that, you know, non traceable bla bla bla )

You could not deliver/ to long waiting time

Customer asked for refund

You cannot give cash-back as your account is blocked. ( coin base )

You offered to pay him out via pay-pal in 9 months. USD not Crypto

Until here I think I got it right.

Now, I do not know the customer, but if he opened a ticket to coin-base stating you are full of shit and stating he got scamed the next thay he payed you, that might have something to do with your account suspended and not being able to access the founds, further more, he will get the refund from coin-base, + what you sent him, if any.

Re-founds should be made via same payment method/gateway/currency, otherwise, some might say it is money laundering, especially in case of crypto.

If I pay with crypto, I own the shit that it might get blocked, or a refund is risky, as it is not real money, so the customer should wait not burst into flames.

You should chill , so does the customer, and sort it out the same way he payed, coin-base.

EDIT:

I understand that you, @Calin had a good intent of paying him back, but did not want to mess the $ you have for other expenses, I would have not offered this, and almost no provider would have. Payment came in via coinbase, it will leave via coinbase, not paypal, transfer and so on.

You want fast cash-back, use pay-pal, FIAT Currency payment methods.

@Calin - shade a light if this is accurate or not. even if you managed to get the crypto to FIAT, you should reimburse him the same way he payed, coinbase. Now why is your account blocked, that is something you have to figure out with coinbase

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

And kids, that's why you should never get the cheapest hooker you can find.

@Andreix said: And kids, that's why you should never get the cheapest hooker you can find.

Well, I will not argue with you on that, but some want the bitch that is cheap, hence it will do anything, but accept the risk if i pay with digital currency.

I do not see this a scam yet, even if @calin is DCMA CAVE HOSTING king, this would be the first, I have he's discord, he has problems in quality, but the number of clients he has, 4.5K of a scam does not add up, by my math. I think that something alse is here, but we can only speculate, we do not have all the facts.

Thanked by 1febryanvaldo
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

It IS a scam from the moment he did not fulfilled his promises and not refunded when client asked.
    Any other delays or attempts are a scam.

Thanked by 3sasslik dev077 netomx
  • @Andreix said:
    It IS a scam from the moment he did not fulfilled his promises and not refunded when client asked.
    Any other delays or attempts are a scam.

Yes. It was a scam from that moment when server delivery failed and crypto was not sent back. Provider problems is only his own, not the buyers.

Thanked by 1Andreix

uu, i feel some blood in the water.

I will get back to the popcorn, and wait this one out......

• @verl20 said:
    I guess OP didn't check out Calin's discord first. You would have seen what a shit show he's running.

It is an absolute shitfest.

• @LTniger said:

@Calin said:

You read screenshot from my first page? @balramm don't give me the mail from his Paypal account

If you send money via paypal when received crypto, than it is money laundering.

Quite the opposite.

Accepting crypto is hard.

Refunding crypto is much harder.

Money in isn't as interesting to the tax agency as money out.

Crypto out, you'd potentially be paying your salary, masking it as an expense, with no way to prove otherwise.

In-fact, most hosts I know either don't refund crypto, or, refund crypto payments to another payment method.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

When most things go wrong thread.

Recurring lessons to learn

1. Be careful dealing with large sums of crypto (limited refund capabilities)
    2. Do not accept deals you're not at least 90% sure you will be able to deliver if you haven't done so before.
    3. While earning money can be good, it isn't always worth getting your reputation tarnished and sleepless nights.
    4. Sometimes trying to make things right isn't something the crowd is going to see.

Deduction / outcome:

Both buyer and seller are not going to be happy.

Personal thoughts:
    Suspicious of buyer activities
    Seller needs to accept payments from more 'reliable' payment methods but will probably lose a lot of potentially shady business (which he maybe indirectly a part of - not that all of LET will take a moral standpoint)
    Noteworthy that seller has tried to refund according to what he said.

Thanked by 1gaga
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2023

@Andreix said:
    And kids, that's why you should never get the cheapest hooker you can find.

You pay them in crypto? Is it even possible to pay in crypto for such services?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I find it funny that some people just want drama, let's wait and hear the whole story first.