Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calin iHostART.Com- Took $4500 and trying to scam. LET opinion

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@mikewazar make speedtest outside of Romania for real performances
    Regards

• @Calin said:
    @mikewazar make speedtest outside of Romania for real performances
    Regards

Check Discord, I think I'm making progress :D

• After listening to Calin on discord, I think he is an honest and cool guy.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@dosai said:
    After listening to Calin on discord, I think he is an honest and cool guy.

I popped in. After listening to Calin talk on Discord, I think he is definitely Romanian.

And yeah, I don't think his honesty has been called into great question. Dude has always been pretty transparent with what he's doing and up to.

• @dosai said:

It's a circus and I'm not sure which of the two are drunk

• @MannDude said:

@dosai said:

I popped in. After listening to Calin talk on Discord, I think he is definitely Romanian.

And yeah, I don't think his honesty has been called into great question. Dude has always been pretty transparent with what he's doing and up to.

Come back and unmute lmao

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@mikewazar said:

@MannDude said:

@dosai said:

Come back and unmute lmao

I talked for a moment, ha. It's late here (early), so maybe another time.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @MannDude said:
    Ah okay, cool. I enjoyed watching the home DC build / progress. I think most of knew it wasn't sustainable long term but am interested in seeing how things pan out and wish him luck.

I think you’re confusing Florin with Calin. The former felt DC is charging too much (€200 per month) and built home DC (spending €20k) and live-streamed it. Latter on the other hand started at home and realized that moving to a DC would be much better. Clearly one of them is evolving backwards.

Thanked by 3sillycat adly sh97
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@jmaxwell said:

@MannDude said:
    Ah okay, cool. I enjoyed watching the home DC build / progress. I think most of knew it wasn't sustainable long term but am interested in seeing how things pan out and wish him luck.

I think you’re confusing Florin with Calin. The former felt DC is charging too much (€200 per month) and built home DC (spending €20k) and live-streamed it. Latter on the other hand started at home and realized that moving to a DC would be much better. Clearly one of them is evolving backwards.

Just to clarify, no one in Romania offers you a price lower than 500 EUR/month for 6U colocation, 1200KWh monthly and 2Gbps 95% percentile.

• Wait, I missed Calin speaking in Discord?? Fuck....

@FlorinMarian said: Just to clarify, no one in Romania offers you a price lower than 500 EUR/month for 6U colocation, 1200KWh monthly and 2Gbps 95% percentile.

>

Again you talk stupid things , I'm speak very clary on voice discord why you speak this things

Regards

• @Calin said:

@MannDude said: Curious: In the screenshot @Calin says he wanted to save money for colocation.

>

Yes , recently we investment lot of money in new hardware (we don't want our DDr3 hardware on our colocation) old hardware what usage lot of U per rack

In same time costs for colocation it's expensive for first time , we need pay:

1k$ installation fee for configure router and network and other things
    1.4-1.5k euros for router
    600-700 euros for caddy server (150+ caddy)
    shipping servers it's approx 600-700 euros , because the servers are heavy and long, we are talking about servers with 27 bays, more professional people are needed to help manage them and move them physically
    Rails it's approx 600 euros
    Other urgent costa approx 800 euros
    And pre-paid colocation for minimum 3 months in advance that cost for now approx 1600 euros

In order to collect the money for these things, we did the following:

We reduced the physical number of servers and moved clients with dedicated servers to VPS, or purchased newer generation servers with a higher capacity of storage/ram

We reduced the number of IPv4, and at the same time we reduced the abuse reports to 0 when it comes to certain activities

We have started to move all customers who will be colocated to the same vLAN for easier management and to give up multiple internet contracts

Regards,
    Calin

Want me to start a GoFundMe?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@mikewazar said:
    @jsg you able to test something for me?

What is it you want me to test?

@mikewazar said:
    Speedtest to off-net Vodafone is fine, but rsync off-net is 1Mbps
    There are other providers ..., and performance to them is literally >100x better but only via speedtest.

I'm pleased to see that my preaching has not been in vain ...

Simple question: why would providers generously donate expensive bandwidth and have (often dedicated) iperf/speedtest nodes "for the good cause"?

Answer: because it makes them look good (artificially). And of bloody course those speedtest numbers usually are way, way better than what customers actually see with http, etc.

Speedtest and friends in a way is a "welcome in virtual reality" of networking.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • To everyone that was in the Discord VC earlier, ya’ll are some of the funniest and intelligent randos I’ve ever come across. Thanks for the great 6(?) hours of genuine debugging, tomfoolery, real hard work, and @Calin being drunk on vodka while being a productive machine was a sight to behold.

Hope we hang again soon!

Of course @mikewazar but all this thing happened because @FlorinMarian join with us! <3

Regards

Thanked by 1mikewazar

@Calin said:
    Of course @mikewazar but all this thing happened because @FlorinMarian join with us! <3

Regards

Mark the day on the calendar, because it won't come soon.
    I thought I could steal some technology and ideas - I was wrong!

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited December 2023

@jsg said:

@mikewazar said:
    @jsg you able to test something for me?

What is it you want me to test?

@mikewazar said:
    Speedtest to off-net Vodafone is fine, but rsync off-net is 1Mbps
    There are other providers ..., and performance to them is literally >100x better but only via speedtest.

I'm pleased to see that my preaching has not been in vain ...

Simple question: why would providers generously donate expensive bandwidth and have (often dedicated) iperf/speedtest nodes "for the good cause"?

Answer: because it makes them look good (artificially). And of bloody course those speedtest numbers usually are way, way better than what customers actually see with http, etc.

Speedtest and friends in a way is a "welcome in virtual reality" of networking.

So we (about 7-8) of us were in Discord VC incl Calin and OVH's owner @crunchbits for a lil while, as well as someone who I don't think wants to be mentioned. At the end, using SOCKS5, wireguard, encapsulation of TCP in UDP (and reverse), traces to the moon and back, other networks in Romania, networks that border Romania, basically everything I (and whoever else was watching me stream my screen) basically nailed down exactly what the problem is.

And it will not be fixed until the move. We know why, we know why it cannot be disclosed, Calin has put in place measures to make sure it doesn't happen with the new upstreams, and just a random piece of information to end off: Calin wants to move to China and marry a 5ft3 Chinese national.

I hope he gets to live his dream of travelling the world too. The man (proven live on Discord today) is a fucking work machine that, even while sloshed out of his mind, had the mental presence to remind me to redact something I wasn't even thinking about.

He also provisioned a test VPS for one of us that were in the VC to do further testing, despite him not even having an account on iHostArt.

(btw, someone grab iHostArt.cn QUICK!!!)

Thanked by 2jsg Moopah
  • @Calin said:

Regards

I still think you should both meet up >:)

I had no idea whether you guys were going after one another, or joking around like old buddies. My phone's translator was struggling to keep up with the 3000 words-per-minute bangers.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Damn it, again, I missed all the fun :D

• @mikewazar said:

I still think you should both meet up >:)

And fight in Romanian

Thanked by 3Calin mikewazar host_c

Mda, @Calin filled me on some of the details, I guess he left out the best parts ha ha ha ha.

Again, as someone wrote, 24/7 shit show. Lol.

• We need @host_c @Calin @FlorinMarian and @cociu to meet up to get a group photo.

Thanked by 3Calin host_c sillycat

@host_c said:
    Mda, @Calin filled me on some of the details, I guess he left out the best parts ha ha ha ha.

Google translate was unable to translate "Mda", just to remind you that you laugh when you heard that I use google translate to avoid major communication barriers.

@Moopah said:
    We need @host_c @Calin @FlorinMarian and @cociu to meet up to get a group photo.

It can be seen that you did not join the VC, you would have heard that I am from the part of the country that has no money to go even halfway between us where we should take that picture.

@FlorinMarian said: Google translate was unable to translate "Mda", just to remind you that you laugh when you heard that I use google translate to avoid major communication barriers.

I did not laugh, I told you to read English and translate it contextually, because you lost your shit for no reason, I was not picking on you, neither were the rest. That is exactly what I told you.

I also told you to learn to take a joke, and I also saw you try to make some adjustments in your decisions, and even congratulated you on that.

I have nothing against you man, but seeing you and calin fight for no reason, ahh, that is some shit. Too bad it kinda fucks up all our reputation by the way.

Joking is one, and that is fun actually, fighting, that is another thing.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

Google translate was unable to translate "Mda", just to remind you that you laugh when you heard that I use google translate to avoid major communication barriers.

I had my Google Translate live conversation feature on for the whole call. Some of the things said sent me straight to the floor laughing.

@mikewazar said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

I had my Google Translate live conversation feature on for the whole call. Some of the things said sent me straight to the floor laughing.

Is there a video of this, now I am curios like a cat......

Thanked by 1niranjan
  • @mikewazar said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

Can you transcribe that chat and paste here?

• Is there recording? I missed voice chat...

edited December 2023

@Moopah said:
    We need @host_c @Calin @FlorinMarian and @cociu to meet up to get a group photo.

I think that is not gonna happen, sry to disappoint. Maybe in the after life???? :D

EDIT:

WTF, @cociu again? I think he will remain in some "Hall of ..... "