Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2023 - NVMe and Storage deals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2023 - NVMe and Storage deals

Comments

• Amazing. Happily ordered for Sydney @hosthatch. I've been running my site on one of the 2021 BF deals and needed more storage, so an upgrade seems like a great option for the next couple of years!

• @nobizzle said:
    Ok, I think I'm done for black Friday. Wow. That was expensive 🤣

what did you get? :)

• @InTheForest said:
    What are the CPU usage limits for Storage VMs?

+1 :)

• 10 TB storage for two years, 16gb compute for three years.

• I'm guessing not but is there any chance of stacking an Amsterdam NVMe with an existing one from https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186642/premium-apac-new-york-and-amsterdam-deals/p1 ?

• what link are you using?
    I do:
    https://cloud.hosthatch.com/servers
    click on "create server"
    getting this:
    https://cloud.hosthatch.com/deploy
    screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/a/sLejWmx

@JabJab said:

@gomelkiev said: when deal is starting for storage KVM? I see 190$ for Biennially in Los Angeles for "Storage 2TB"

110$ here.
    Refresh website, make sure you clicking correct things.

• My 3 year plan with another provider is finally ending, and I was able to grab your 8GB/100GB plan for the next three years. Thank you so much @hosthatch

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited November 2023

@yEhroEhn said:

@InTheForest said:
    What are the CPU usage limits for Storage VMs?

+1 :)

They are usually fair use (ie. not much).

I've run Seafile Community for myself without them ever complaining. :)

• found it, was using regular link , instead of promotion link

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • The price it not Suprise.

• @gomelkiev said: what link are you using?

The one in post

To order, please go to https://cloud.hosthatch.com/sale/current-promotions

• bought storage 2tb plan, paid 110$, how do I get double ram and bandwidth?

• @gomelkiev said:
    how do I get double ram and bandwidth?

It should be automatically included once your server is set up

• @laiz said:

@gomelkiev said:
    how do I get double ram and bandwidth?

It should be automatically included once your server is set up

thanks

• @hosthatch said:
    Storage VMs (RAID-10):

> 1 CPU core
    > 1 TB storage
    > 1 GB RAM
    > 5 TB bandwidth
    > $35 per year, $65 per 2 years
    > (Doubled RAM and bandwidth when paying for 2 years)
    > 

How do I toggle between annual and biannual payments on this? It was biannual before, but now it's stuck.

• @Astro said:
    @hosthatch which CPU for storage VMs?

Not sure if they guarantee a cpu model.
    I have a promo offer from last year:
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz

So don't expect much power, although the node may benefit from a more recent model.
    I also have a standard offer ordered less than 3 months ago:
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz

But it's still very stable for the price, and I'm very happy with it

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@Astro said:
    @hosthatch which CPU for storage VMs?

Mix of a few different CPUs: e5-v2/v3, and some zen1 epycs. If you need any sort of serious CPU usage, please get a NVMe VM and mount the disk over the private network (similar to how block storage works).

@remy said:

4 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)

What does this mean? 1 dedicated core?
    For me 100% = all cpu cores

Otherwise, I recommend hosthatch, which I find to be a quality product for the price.

We use the same terminology that Linux uses. 100% = 1 CPU core. 200% = 2 CPU cores.

@DarkMagik said:
    No offers on the regular storage VMs this time?

I don't think we will continue doing new RAID50/60 nodes considering past experience. No matter what the maths look like, in real world usage, we've had arrays that took 2-3 weeks to rebuild, while RAID10 of similar size took 1-2 days. No matter how well they are managed, there is always an inherently higher risk than RAID10.

With nearly 8PB of storage nodes deployed and growing, I'd like to sleep better at night. :)

@Pixels said:
    Are BGP sessions available on these plans? @hosthatch

We're offering free BGP sessions in London and Sydney for this Black Friday promo. Forgot to add this to the OP.

Other locations are billed at $10 NRC and $2.5 MRC (per location).

@webcraft said: Is there a chance we end up on the same node where our service from last bf was deployed?

We can do this for a setup fee of $10 USD. Please open a ticket after your order for this.

@webcraft said: Any updates on your move to Sweden?

Somewhere around January 2024 I hope.

@Leighlo said:
    Amazing. Happily ordered for Sydney @hosthatch. I've been running my site on one of the 2021 BF deals and needed more storage, so an upgrade seems like a great option for the next couple of years!

I think you will be very happy in Sydney, especially with the recent network upgrades :)

@darkimmortal said:
    I'm guessing not but is there any chance of stacking an Amsterdam NVMe with an existing one from https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186642/premium-apac-new-york-and-amsterdam-deals/p1 ?

I'm afraid not.

@Alexxx said:
    The price it not Suprise.

Okay.

@mockingbird said:

@hosthatch said:
    Storage VMs (RAID-10):

> > 1 CPU core
    > > 1 TB storage
    > > 1 GB RAM
    > > 5 TB bandwidth
    > > $35 per year, $65 per 2 years
    > > (Doubled RAM and bandwidth when paying for 2 years)
    > > 

How do I toggle between annual and biannual payments on this? It was biannual before, but now it's stuck.

You have to choose the OS before you can choose/toggle the billing cycle.

• Will it be possible to switch to an annual payment when renewing if we pay for 2 years now?

@remy said:
    Will it be possible to switch to an annual payment when renewing if we pay for 2 years now?

I believe no, since its not just an administrative change (due to resource upgrades on 2 year payments).

• @hosthatch said:

@remy said:
    Will it be possible to switch to an annual payment when renewing if we pay for 2 years now?

I believe no, since its not just an administrative change (due to resource upgrades on 2 year payments).

Yes, I understand.
    It's just that needs change in 2 years and having to keep committing to 2 years is impractical
    But I see your point!

• @hosthatch said:

>

I don't think we will continue doing new RAID50/60 nodes considering past experience. No matter what the maths look like, in real world usage, we've had arrays that took 2-3 weeks to rebuild, while RAID10 of similar size took 1-2 days. No matter how well they are managed, there is always an inherently higher risk than RAID10.

With nearly 8PB of storage nodes deployed and growing, I'd like to sleep better at night. :)

>

Do you plan to move existing storage nodes to Raid10 anytime soon?

• very nice

@plumberg said:

@hosthatch said:

>

>

I don't believe forcing people to switch to a higher priced service will make anyone happy, so we will instead offer an upgrade path where existing users can pay the difference and get a new server instead.

Thanked by 3cyberpunk plumberg bdl
  • cyberpunkcyberpunk Member
    edited November 2023

@hosthatch said:
    I don't believe forcing people to switch to a higher priced service will make anyone happy, so we will instead offer an upgrade path where existing users can pay the difference and get a new server instead.

Will that be possible for promotional storage plans? Also could you share any ETA and pricing for this upgrade if possible?

Thanked by 2plumberg bdl
  • Glad to see another wave of Hosthatch offers this BF - keep the good ones and thank you!

• @hosthatch said:

@plumberg said:

@hosthatch said:

>

>

Fair! I'd love to understand what the upgrade path would look like and how the pricing would look for existing promotional packages.

• @hosthatch said:

@webcraft said: Any updates on your move to Sweden?

Somewhere around January 2024 I hope.

Exciting. Are existing clients/contracts moved (e.g. will VAT be collected)?

• any discount for existing users? (runs)