Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2023 - NVMe and Storage deals - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2023 - NVMe and Storage deals

Comments

• @JabJab said:

@reviewvps said: HostHatch support says that my server will be running on 15th Dec. I expect early Dec but never think it will be mid Dec. It's too late.
    Now I'm stuck because their no refund policy.

Have you asked them about the refund due to moved timeline on theirs part?

My Q
    can you tell me the estimated time from now to set up BF server?

I might want a refund if it exceeds 2 days.

Their A
    Hello,

The ETA is 10 working days from the last request about the ETA. So it should be ready around 15th December, but you can reset this timer by inquiring again.

No refunds are provided for promotional services.

Both things were mentioned when you ordered.

My Q
    my godness. Where will I host my site from now to 15th dec.

Is there any way to make it faster?

Their A
    Yes, the way to make it faster is to order a service directly from hosthatch.com without using any promotions.

@hosthatch said:

@reviewvps said:
    HostHatch support says that my server will be running on 15th Dec. I expect early Dec but never think it will be mid Dec. It's too late.
    Now I'm stuck because their no refund policy. So no server to use, money wasted on pending server, money lost because my server just expired on HostHatch.
    I have to choose either to wait for my server setup or buy vps from another provider.
    It's so bad.
    It's all my fault, not Hosthatch. I read all the reviews about it and still buy it.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your complete ticket?

You can check my ticket #943546

@freddy said:

@reviewvps said:
    HostHatch support says that my server will be running on 15th Dec. I expect early Dec but never think it will be mid Dec. It's too late.
    Now I'm stuck because their no refund policy. So no server to use, money wasted on pending server, money lost because my server just expired on HostHatch.
    I have to choose either to wait for my server setup or buy vps from another provider.
    It's so bad.
    It's all my fault, not Hosthatch. I read all the reviews about it and still buy it.

Hello. just get a 5 dollar server in the same data centre as the old one. transfer everything.

when BF plan go live transfer again and close new server.

will cost you a fiver. bro

Yes I have to pay my overdue invoice ($6 vps) on HostHatch. The server is live again and I'm waiting for their respond on another ticket because all my sites are 521 error.

• @elmorigs said:
    ``> @reviewvps said:

It's so bad.

Which package and location did you buy? Did they explain why it is delayed more than 10 days?

2c4gb NY server. They say that they set up promotional servers in bulk, so it will take 7-10 working days. And it's around 15th Dec.

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited November 2023

@reviewvps said:
    Their A
    Hello,

The ETA is 10 working days from the last request about the ETA. So it should be ready around 15th December, but you can reset this timer by inquiring again.

I can only agree with them, it's stated right in the order thread. These are ultra-premium servers to low-end prices. When you choose a HostHatch sale you choose to down-prioritise FAST when you pick between CHEAP, GOOD, FAST.

• FWIW, my LA storage was deployed a few hours ago, but I was ready to wait the 10 days as mentioned in the offer post. Just be patient and stop hassling them - all that does is distract from them working on deployments.

Thanked by 2the_doctor webcraft
  • @the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:
    Their A
    Hello,

I can only agree with them, it's stated right in the order thread. These are ultra-premium servers to low-end prices. When you choose a HostHatch sale you choose to down-prioritise FAST when you pick between CHEAP, GOOD, FAST.

+1

Have been using HostHatch for over 2 years now.
    Solid Hardware, but they really don't like tickets.

Fortunately, my experience with tickets have never been as bad as people claim, most tickets replied under a day. But then, I raise ticket only when something is down.

Have patience, terms were clearly laid down before purchase, expect a delay during deals season, else if you keep nagging them, they might not want you as customer now or in future. Has happened multiple times before.

Thanked by 2ariq01 the_doctor
  • @the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:
    Their A
    Hello,

@ralf said:
    FWIW, my LA storage was deployed a few hours ago, but I was ready to wait the 10 days as mentioned in the offer post. Just be patient and stop hassling them - all that does is distract from them working on deployments.

@srch07 said:

@the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:
    Their A
    Hello,

+1

Fortunately, my experience with tickets have never been as bad as people claim, most tickets replied under a day. But then, I raise ticket only when something is down.

Have patience, terms were clearly laid down before purchase, expect a delay during deals season, else if you keep nagging them, they might not want you as customer now or in future. Has happened multiple times before.

I don't blame them. It's just too long time. 7-10 working days from 26/11 to 15th Dec.
    I should have asked about the exact ETA before paying for BF deal. I said it's my fault.
    and the support said that every time I ask about ETA they will reset the timer.
    It's no doubt they have kind of cheapest (and fairly good) vps on earth but the support is bad.
    That's why their trustpilot score is low, mostly about the support.
    I hope they can give better support and faster deployment for BF plans.
    They have a reputation to keep and we have a solid vps provider we can trust when we need support.
    @hosthatch please check my ticket #149102 3 hours and all my sites are down, I'm talking about my paying server, not the promotional plan.

• @reviewvps said:
    I don't blame them. It's just too long time. 7-10 working days from 26/11 to 15th Dec.

Did they say 7-10 days? I think in the OP they say about 10 days but can also be slightly longer. Sometime between 26/11 and 15/12 is within this time frame imo. It's a long time to deploy services but they clearly state this so you have to expect this.

• Just to let you know. I received both storage servers in NL today that I ordered a few minutes after the black Friday sale started

• @reviewvps said:

@the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:
    Their A
    Hello,

@ralf said:
    FWIW, my LA storage was deployed a few hours ago, but I was ready to wait the 10 days as mentioned in the offer post. Just be patient and stop hassling them - all that does is distract from them working on deployments.

@srch07 said:

@the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:
    Their A
    Hello,

+1

I should have asked about the exact ETA before paying for BF deal. I said it's my fault.
    and the support said that every time I ask about ETA they will reset the timer.
    It's no doubt they have kind of cheapest (and fairly good) vps on earth but the support is bad.
    That's why their trustpilot score is low, mostly about the support.
    I hope they can give better support and faster deployment for BF plans.
    They have a reputation to keep and we have a solid vps provider we can trust when we need support.
    @hosthatch please check my ticket #149102 3 hours and all my sites are down, I'm talking about my paying server, not the promotional plan.

if you want faster service provision, pay more money. TANSTAAFL

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@reala said:
    @hosthatch Could we self-host our own email service and VPN etc.? Thanks!

Yes, just request for port 25 to be opened for your account once you have at least one server up and running.

@yoursunny said:

@hosthatch said:
    As this was not mentioned in the OP: we are providing free BGP sessions in Sydney and London on these deals.

Can you add BGP session for 12 year birthday dealz in Sydney?

Yes :)

@aj_potc said:
    In the original post, you mentioned that RAID-10 storage may be available later at other locations. Is New York a possibility? Or perhaps a promotion once RAID-10 is rolled out to new locations? :)

Also, just out of curiosity, what are you planning to do with your previous generation Intel E5-based NVMe nodes?

We will roll it out to all locations eventually, but I do not have a timeline for you at mo

@elmorigs said: @hosthatch are snapshots/backup stored on different servers than the source?

Yes, but note that these are in BETA, not charged for, and should be used as such. Once they are out of BETA, we will start charging for them, and will have more guarantees as

edited November 2023

@reviewvps said:

@JabJab said:

@reviewvps said: HostHatch support says that my server will be running on 15th Dec. I expect early Dec but never think it will be mid Dec. It's too late.
    Now I'm stuck because their no refund policy.

Have you asked them about the refund due to moved timeline on theirs part?

My Q
    can you tell me the estimated time from now to set up BF server?

Their A
    Hello,

My Q

Their A
    Yes, the way to make it faster is to order a service directly from hosthatch.com without using any promotions.

@hosthatch said:

@reviewvps said:
    It's so bad.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your complete ticket?

You can check my ticket #943546

@freddy said:

@reviewvps said:
    It's so bad.

Hello. just get a 5 dollar server in the same data centre as the old one. transfer everything.

when BF plan go live transfer again and close new server.

will cost you a fiver. bro

Yes I have to pay my overdue invoice ($6 vps) on HostHatch. The server is live again and I'm waiting for their respond on another ticket because all my sites are 521 error.

You have (purposefully) not shared the complete ticket to make this look a certain way. Due to our privacy policy, I cannot share your ticket and/or any other internal communications with us, but it serves everyone's best interest to be completely honest.

We've had several requests from customers to setup their servers faster than the setup time we promised, and we've helped where we can, but when the polite request becomes a demand and starts coming with threats, then we have to enforce our policies.

@elmorigs said: Which package and location did you buy? Did they explain why it is delayed more than 10 days?

Please note that it is 10 working days, and nothing has been delayed from our end (at least so far).

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @reviewvps said:
    My Q

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prior Planning Prevents Pisspoor Peformance

Thanked by 2ralf the_doctor
  • Also if you realize you fucked up and you need it up ASAP just buy a regular server for a month and then cancel it lol.

Thanked by 2bdl Daniel15
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2023

@hosthatch said:

@elmorigs said: Which package and location did you buy? Did they explain why it is delayed more than 10 days?

Please note that it is 10 working days, and nothing has been delayed from our end (at least so far).

Then you should tell your support agents to not cause drama by extending 10 working days unnecessarily (even worse, he doesn't know 10 fucking working days from the day he said it, that's being an extra cunt), it makes you guys look unprofessional and pissy. Just copy/pasting what was specified in the OP would have been perfectly conveyed AND had the secondary effect of "we already told you this, asshole", but nicer.

Unless, you have statutory holidays between yesterday and Dec 15th. At the time of purchase, Nov 26th, his 10 working days would have been Dec 8, a full week sooner than Support told him.

@TimboJones said:

@hosthatch said:

Then you should tell your support agents to not cause drama by extending 10 working days unnecessarily (even worse, he doesn't know 10 fucking working days from the day he said it, that's being an extra cunt), it makes you guys look unprofessional and pissy. Just copy/pasting what was specified in the OP would have been perfectly conveyed AND had the secondary effect of "we already told you this, asshole", but nicer.

Unless, you have statutory holidays between yesterday and Dec 15th. At the time of purchase, Nov 26th, his 10 working days would have been Dec 8, a full week sooner than Support told him.

I assume you have not read the complete ticket then.

• @hosthatch said:

@TimboJones said:

@hosthatch said:

I assume you have not read the complete ticket then.

ok you have my permission to post full ticket here. I have nothing to hide and please point out where in my ticket there is:

but when the polite request **becomes a demand and starts coming with threats **

and I decided to pay for my overdue invoice and wait for my 15th Dec server. It seems the bad decision to stick with you.
    PS: let me post full ticket myself, please let me know in which sentence/word I threatened you.

Title: is there any black friday deal?
    Me: I can't find any info. I know you guys run BF deal every year and tomorrow is BF.

What can I expect this year?

Support: Hey there,

This information will be known on Black Friday :)

Best Regards, Lara G. HostHatch Support

Me: hi

can you explain the BF deal. What is 50% dedicated for 2 cores CPU?

Support: Hi there,

Your dedicated CPU cores are dedicated to your server, and the remaining cores are fair-shared. Fair-shared means that these can be used for burstable processes but cannot be used consistently for long periods of time. If they are used consistently, then your server will be limited to only your dedicated CPU.

Me: I mean the deal is 2 cores (50% dedicated, burst up to 200%) what does it mean 50% dedicated? 0.5 core or 1 core? and I see that it takes 10 days to set up the promotion server while my current server on Hosthatch will end on 27 Nov. Can I request immediate set up for new server? thank you.

Support: Hi there,

This means that 1 core is dedicated to your server and the other is burstable up to 200% on short periods of time. Unfortunately, we are unable to do an immediate set up as we are provisioning servers by batch. We will let you know as soon as the servers are ready.

Me: Thank you.

My paying server is expired today. Because I bought BF server I didn't pay the invoice so I don't have the server to host my sites.

I'm appreciated if HostHatch team set up BF server for me today.

Have a great day sir.

Support: Hello,

Unfortunately we are not able to set this server up today. It will likely be 7-10 more days.

**Me: **can you tell me the estimated time from now to set up BF server?

**Support: **Hello,

**Me: **my godness. Where will I host my site from now to 15th dec.

Support: Yes, the way to make it faster is to order a service directly from hosthatch.com without using any promotions.

Me: ok... I have nothing to say. It's my fault not to ask exactly when the BF server set up.

It's written in the thread that "The setup time is 10 working days. Most will get delivered much earlier" it means around 7-8 working days if I understand correctly.

I bought it on 26/11 so I expect it will be set up around 5-6/Dec but now you tell me it will be 15th Dec, far from my expectation.

I don't want to shit talk about this anymore since I know the team doesn't care about promotion plan customers.

Best luck and have a good day.

The support named Mike G said that in 7-10 days, not working days. It means a week or 1.5 weeks from 27/11. Then I asked about ETA the timer suddenly became 10 WORKING DAYS (15th Dec, how did he count the day?)
    Please let me know in which sentence/word I threat you.
    Are you Mike G?

• @hosthatch Cannot select plan number two on NVMe Compute VMs:, the one with 100 GB space. On each location I get only 50 GB option to create server.

Thank you for sharing the full ticket. The problem is that you already asked when the server would be setup and received an answer. Then you asked again one day later, and asked for a refund if we could not deliver your server within a couple days.

This is from the original post here:

Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these
    plans.

What is the setup time?

The setup time is 10 working days. Most will get delivered much earlier. Some may get slightly delayed. Please order one of the packages from hosthatch.com directly if immediate provisioning is needed. We cannot offer faster provisioning on special plans.

This is mentioned on the order form:

Setup ETA: 10 working days
    No credits, changes or refunds

While there is a lot to be said about our support problems, and you have already mentioned it a few times by now to somehow make a comparison to your own problem, there is simply no bad support being provided to you here.

@Merlincool said:
    @hosthatch Cannot select plan number two on NVMe Compute VMs:, the one with 100 GB space. On each location I get only 50 GB option to create server.

These deals already expired. I will try and restock some of them at the end of December.

• @hosthatch said:
    Thank you for sharing the full ticket. The problem is that you already asked when the server would be setup and received an answer. Then you asked again one day later, and asked for a refund if we could not deliver your server within a couple days.

This is from the original post here:

Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these
    plans.

What is the setup time?

The setup time is 10 working days. Most will get delivered much earlier. Some may get slightly delayed. Please order one of the packages from hosthatch.com directly if immediate provisioning is needed. We cannot offer faster provisioning on special plans.

This is mentioned on the order form:

Setup ETA: 10 working days
    No credits, changes or refunds

While there is a lot to be said about our support problems, and you have already mentioned it a few times by now to somehow make a comparison to your own problem, there is simply no bad support being provided to you here.

I said "I might want a refund", if you reply with the copy-paste from the thread like you just did, everything would have been better.
    Instead, you put my set up to 15th Dec (is it really 10 working days from 27/11 to 15th Dec in your country?) and threatened to extend if I ever ask about ETA again (this is not in your thread, I don't know that every time people ask about ETA HostHatch will reset their set up timer)
    Now let me ask you again, what will be my server ETA? Will you reset to 20/12 now?
    if yes then I will ask every few days and let my server never get set up, maybe until Dec 2034?
    Nothing personal, I said it was my fault. I just want Hosthatch become better provider.
    I even paid my overdue invoice to Hosthatch to wait for my BF server. I want to stick with you. Don't push me away and tell my experience everywhere.
    I'm really upset right now.

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited November 2023

@reviewvps said:

Maybe HostHatch isn't for you.

15 december is not hard to understand even for non-english speakers.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:

I understand 15th Dec is 15/12.
    Can you clarify? I don't get your point.

• @reviewvps said:

@the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:

Are you really that dense? There was a clear date for provisioning. Don't like it don't buy it

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@reviewvps Are you mad at yourself? It kinda looks like piss poor planning on your part. I’m all for saving money. Losing millions right now!

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @Astro said:

@reviewvps said:

@the_doctor said:

@reviewvps said:

Are you really that dense? There was a clear date for provisioning. Don't like it don't buy it

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @reviewvps Are you mad at yourself? It kinda looks like piss poor planning on your part. I’m all for saving money. Losing millions right now!

Did you guys read the whole story or just read my last 2 comments?
    Go back to page 4 or 5 and read.

@reviewvps I've provided you with a full refund and wish you all the best.

• It's incredible how dense some people can be. Glad to see they were refunded and can go to a host that's ok with their nebulous understanding of how time works.

• @fluffernutter said:
    It's incredible how dense some people can be. Glad to see they were refunded and can go to a host that's ok with their nebulous understanding of how time works.

My theory is that he's a troll. Newly created account only ever commented on the HostHatch BF thread. A troll or someone who already got "deny-listed" by HH in the past... ;)

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @the_doctor said:

@fluffernutter said:
    It's incredible how dense some people can be. Glad to see they were refunded and can go to a host that's ok with their nebulous understanding of how time works.

My theory is that he's a troll. Newly created account only ever commented on the HostHatch BF thread. A troll or someone who already got "deny-listed" by HH in the past... ;)

I definitely wouldn't trust any of his reviews of VPSes

Thanked by 1ariq01