Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers | Cheap US VPS Hosting | 8GB DDR5 RAM @ $7.50/mo | 50% OFF HALLOWEEN SALE - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers | Cheap US VPS Hosting | 8GB DDR5 RAM @ $7.50/mo | 50% OFF HALLOWEEN SALE

Comments

• @Don_Keedic said: They wiped all ALL of his shit - absoluely ZERO warning. HXServers is fucking bogus and I wouldn't trust them for anything. It's one thing to say "Yeah, we're going to be shutting this location down, start migrating" but to up and delete EVERYTHING with absoluely zero warning? Absoluely, 100% unacceptable.

in short, avoid HXServers for hosting any production sites.

I was going to sign up server with them, but I think, I will stay with buyvm and racknerd.

• @hxservers said:

Here's what we will do. For any customer who was affected by this, open a ticket. We will recreate a new VPS for you, with the first month being free.

EDIT - While maintaining the same price you originally had.

Thank you,
    HXServers

Perfect! Sounds like a plan. Now step 1 - how do we coordinate getting the data you deleted restored to the new server?

• @oeasy said:
    My server was forcefully canceled without any prior notice, and I received a PayPal refund (which I didn't request). Furthermore, I am currently unable to access the server.As a VPS provider, I don't understand your operations.

@ptervip said:
    My server was forcefully canceled without any prior notice, and I received a PayPal refund (which I didn't request).

Please open tickets and we'll set you up a new VPS for free.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

Here's what we will do. For any customer who was affected by this, open a ticket. We will recreate a new VPS for you, with the first month being free.

Thank you,
    HXServers

Perfect! Sounds like a plan. Now step 1 - how do we coordinate getting the data you deleted restored to the new server?

Please open a ticket.

• @hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

Thank you,
    HXServers

Please open a ticket.

Sorry I was being facetious. I'd never use your company for anything, ever again.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

Thank you,
    HXServers

Please open a ticket.

Sorry I was being facetious. I'd never use your company for anything, ever again.

Understood. Hope you have a great day, and again, apologies on the experience with us.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:
    Had a friend ask me for some help in finding an inexpensive server in Dallas. Saw this thread and sent him a link. He signed up using the Dallas 24 hour promo code for a server and a week later, signed up with the SPOOKY code and picked up another server from you guys. He had me move his current server over to his new server at HXServers today - everything went great.

Just got a phone call from him about 15 minutes ago stating everything I had just set up for him was down. Well that's weird because I was just using everything fine to make sure it was good before I handed everything back over to him. Go check it out - nothing is working.

I asked him for his account creds, logged into his account, zero services listed...wtf? Checked on the service history - 2 services "cancelled"

I asked him if they had sent him a reason why they suspended him (made no sense - he runs a non-profit and a donation site) - he JUST sent me a text letting me know that they emailed him back and this was their response

"We've discontinued Dallas due to lack of customer interested, Thank you"

They wiped all ALL of his shit - absoluely ZERO warning. HXServers is fucking bogus and I wouldn't trust them for anything. It's one thing to say "Yeah, we're going to be shutting this location down, start migrating" but to up and delete EVERYTHING with absoluely zero warning? Absoluely, 100% unacceptable.

Hello!
    We're so sorry this has happened! However, we did release a public announcement here on 10/1/2023 advising this was going to happen. Per our Terms of Service, this is a primary method of announcement communication.

That's pretty funny how you have a public announcement about closing the Dallas location before the Dallas location was even launched

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3734517/#Comment_3734517

Your post (on your website) saying you're "closing Dallas and Miami" - posted on October 1st

Your post here says you just launched in Dallas on October 13th

Why would you continue to sell something you had no intention of keeping online?

Why would you make a Dallas-specific promo code (that was only valid for 24 hours on October 13th) if you weren't intending on keeping it online?

Why would you up and delete all of someone's data without giving them any notice?

What happens if your VPS's didn't have "retired" in the name and they were deleted without notice anyways?? (my client's sure didn't..)

Nothing you said makes any of this any better. In fact, it makes it far worse.

Hello again,
    Originally that announcement did not include Dallas at all. However, by October 16th, we added Dallas to the announcement as our forecast of sales did not meet our expectations for a new launch location. I hope this clears it up for you. As per our Terms of Service, we may modify, or change any announcement at any time, without prior notice. Additionally, our Terms of Service clearly states where announcements can be read.

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:
    Had a friend ask me for some help in finding an inexpensive server in Dallas. Saw this thread and sent him a link. He signed up using the Dallas 24 hour promo code for a server and a week later, signed up with the SPOOKY code and picked up another server from you guys. He had me move his current server over to his new server at HXServers today - everything went great.

Just got a phone call from him about 15 minutes ago stating everything I had just set up for him was down. Well that's weird because I was just using everything fine to make sure it was good before I handed everything back over to him. Go check it out - nothing is working.

I asked him for his account creds, logged into his account, zero services listed...wtf? Checked on the service history - 2 services "cancelled"

I asked him if they had sent him a reason why they suspended him (made no sense - he runs a non-profit and a donation site) - he JUST sent me a text letting me know that they emailed him back and this was their response

They wiped all ALL of his shit - absoluely ZERO warning. HXServers is fucking bogus and I wouldn't trust them for anything. It's one thing to say "Yeah, we're going to be shutting this location down, start migrating" but to up and delete EVERYTHING with absoluely zero warning? Absoluely, 100% unacceptable.

Hello!
    We're so sorry this has happened! However, we did release a public announcement here on 10/1/2023 advising this was going to happen. Per our Terms of Service, this is a primary method of announcement communication.

That's pretty funny how you have a public announcement about closing the Dallas location before the Dallas location was even launched

Your post (on your website) saying you're "closing Dallas and Miami" - posted on October 1st

Why would you continue to sell something you had no intention of keeping online?

Why would you make a Dallas-specific promo code (that was only valid for 24 hours on October 13th) if you weren't intending on keeping it online?

Why would you up and delete all of someone's data without giving them any notice?

What happens if your VPS's didn't have "retired" in the name and they were deleted without notice anyways?? (my client's sure didn't..)

Hello again,
    Originally that announcement did not include Dallas at all. However, by October 16th, we added Dallas to the announcement as our forecast of sales did not meet our expectations for a new launch location. I hope this clears it up for you. As per our Terms of Service, we may modify, or change any announcement at any time, without prior notice. Additionally, our Terms of Service clearly states where announcements can be read.

Still would like answers for these questions

Why would you allow a Dallas server purchase go through on October 18th? (2 days after supposedly edited your announcement to include you were shutting down the Dallas location)

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Hello!

Hello again,

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Hello!

Hello again,

sigh
    Have you been reading our responses to you at all?
    We released Dallas on the 13th. By the 16th, we decided Dallas wasn't going to work out and we modified our announcement. Emails were supposed to be sent, but were not. We only realized the emails were not being sent, after it was too late. As per the announcement, VPS' without "Retired" in the name but located in Dallas or Miami would be removed by 10/21. Since this disaster has started, we've stopped the termination process, and Miami VPS won't be deleted tonight but will be terminated at the end of their VPS billing cycles.

• @hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Hello!

Hello again,

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Hello!

Hello again,

sigh
    We released Dallas on the 13th. By the 16th, we decided Dallas wasn't going to work out and we modified our announcement. Emails were supposed to be sent, but were not. We only realized the emails were not being sent, after it was too late. As per the announcement, VPS' without "Retired" in the name but located in Dallas or Miami would be removed by 10/21. Since this disaster has started, we've stopped the termination process, and Miami VPS won't be deleted tonight but will be terminated at the end of their VPS billing cycles.

My client purchased a server from you on October 18th as well, 2 days AFTER you supposedly announced you were closing Dallas down. Why would you even allow orders for that location if you knew from October 16th onward that you weren't going to provide services there anymore?

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Hello!

Hello again,

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Hello!

Hello again,

sigh

My client purchased a server from you on October 18th as well, 2 days AFTER you supposedly announced you were closing Dallas down. Why would you even allow orders for that location if you knew from October 16th onward that you weren't going to provide services there anymore?

This was one of the many mistakes we made. We disabled new orders on 10/18/2023. Your client must've ordered hours before we hid that product group.

• @gritty said:
    We are discontinuing our old platform (Virtualizor) in favor of VirtFusion. You must open a support ticket or order new services on our new platform before 10/20/2023, as all retired plans will be terminated (and refunded if applicable).

that means you changed your mind without any notification? according to your comment at https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188823/hxservers-cheap-us-vps-hosting-8gb-ddr5-ram-10-mo-instant-setup-free-windows-license/p7

The old servers, using Virtualizor, will be decommissioned as orders rotate. All new orders will be placed on the new platforms. If you have an active VPS, we will not be canceling them, nor will you be forced to migrate. Those servers will continue in operation until not a single VPS client remains using them. Thank you all so much.

This seems very different from what you are saying now, but you didn't send any email to users that already use Virtualizor panel users of this huge change.

@hxservers I noticed my LA server also been terminated today, I think you should sent prior email notificaions to customers at least, when you try to change certain decisions, not everyone will check the annoument of providers everyday :'(

• @hxservers Lots of negative reviews and opinions of users who have signed up.

Atleast bring stability first and be sure what you are going to offer. If you keep changing comittments every now and then, it would be hard for any user to trust your services.

First line of Halloween sale said that discount were going to stay so uptill stock lasts or till month end. But it was changed again. Same happened in last month's vps offers here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188823/hxservers-cheap-us-vps-hosting-8gb-ddr5-ram-10-mo-instant-setup-free-windows-license.

You comitt one price and changed to other one.

Also there is no prior notice or any warning before termination of service. I have read all pages of both the offers and I am sorry to say, it's not stable.

Prices are not stable and communication is also not stable.

People on LET here use vps with longer time comittments. Hope you get good reviews and good customers in long run :smile:

• @Merlincool said:
    @hxservers Lots of negative reviews and opinions of users who have signed up.

Atleast bring stability first and be sure what you are going to offer. If you keep changing comittments every now and then, it would be hard for any user to trust your services.

First line of Halloween sale said that discount were going to stay so uptill stock lasts or till month end. But it was changed again. Same happened in last month's vps offers here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188823/hxservers-cheap-us-vps-hosting-8gb-ddr5-ram-10-mo-instant-setup-free-windows-license.

You comitt one price and changed to other one.

Also there is no prior notice or any warning before termination of service. I have read all pages of both the offers and I am sorry to say, it's not stable.

Prices are not stable and communication is also not stable.

People on LET here use vps with longer time comittments. Hope you get good reviews and good customers in long run :smile:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will continue to improve.

• @hotsnow said:

@gritty said:
    We are discontinuing our old platform (Virtualizor) in favor of VirtFusion. You must open a support ticket or order new services on our new platform before 10/20/2023, as all retired plans will be terminated (and refunded if applicable).

that means you changed your mind without any notification? according to your comment at https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188823/hxservers-cheap-us-vps-hosting-8gb-ddr5-ram-10-mo-instant-setup-free-windows-license/p7

The old servers, using Virtualizor, will be decommissioned as orders rotate. All new orders will be placed on the new platforms. If you have an active VPS, we will not be canceling them, nor will you be forced to migrate. Those servers will continue in operation until not a single VPS client remains using them. Thank you all so much.

This seems very different from what you are saying now, but you didn't send any email to users that already use Virtualizor panel users of this huge change.

@hxservers I noticed my LA server also been terminated today, I think you should sent prior email notificaions to customers at least, when you try to change certain decisions, not everyone will check the annoument of providers everyday :'(

• @hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

Wait..so LA is confirmed gone too? There's 3 other people in another thread asking the same question...

• What a shitstorm lmao

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

Wait..so LA is confirmed gone too? There's 3 other people in another thread asking the same question...

We have retired plans in LA, Miami and New York. We're processing the termination of LA and Miami. New York will come later, and properly.

• @hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

We have retired plans in LA, Miami and New York. We're processing the termination of LA and Miami. New York will come later, and properly.

No announcement for LA termination?

https://support.hxservers.com/announcements/2/Service-discontinuation.html

You can still purchase LA

https://support.hxservers.com/store/vps-hosting

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

This is only for "RETIRED" LA plans. Which is included in that announcement.

• @hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

Did you give too big discount on the previous server again?

• @stefeman said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

Did you give too big discount on the previous server again?

No, and even if we did, this isn't a money issue for us. This is a "focus on what works" for us approach.

• This is why i stay away from nonamers who have not been in the industry long enough. Also website claims to be "USA's #1 Budget Hosting platform. "

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • LET should ban HXservers

Thanked by 2Marx fluffernutter
  • @kanchuanqi said:
    LET should ban HXservers

Thanks for your feedback!

• @elmorigs said:
    This is why i stay away from nonamers who have not been in the industry long enough. Also website claims to be "USA's #1 Budget Hosting platform. "

Yeah I agree it ain't. I think they better should stay to comittments.

Other providers with NVME stoarge are quiet cheaper than hxservers. They just kept skyrocketing their prices after each week. Not a good sign of good provider.

With comparison you can check here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189405/hostbrr-kvm-ryzen-deals-4-vcore-8gb-ram-125-gb-nvme-unmetered-bandwidth-8-month

Hostbrr didn't change price and it's quiet budget vps provider than hxservers, though not in USA.

• @Merlincool said:

@elmorigs said:
    This is why i stay away from nonamers who have not been in the industry long enough. Also website claims to be "USA's #1 Budget Hosting platform. "

Yeah I agree it ain't. I think they better should stay to comittments.

Other providers with NVME stoarge are quiet cheaper than hxservers. They just kept skyrocketing their prices after each week. Not a good sign of good provider.

With comparison you can check here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189405/hostbrr-kvm-ryzen-deals-4-vcore-8gb-ram-125-gb-nvme-unmetered-bandwidth-8-month

Hostbrr didn't change price and it's quiet budget vps provider than hxservers, though not in USA.

Thanks for your feedback!

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

@hotsnow said:

@gritty said:

My server was in Los Angeles and deleted it as well..

• @hxservers said:
    We released Dallas on the 13th. By the 16th, we decided Dallas wasn't going to work out

I'm very curious how this can even happen from a business perspective.

3 days from launch isn't enough time to decide on the viability of a service you intend to run indefinitely, and even if you decide it's not viable you at least honour the month of service that people have already paid for.

The only legitimate reason for exiting so dramatically is massive unforeseen costs, but if that's true it shows that as a company you fail to do even basic due diligence when selecting a location, because if you didn't know your upstream / colo host / whatever was going to increase their prices to you immediately, you've done something seriously wrong in your planning phase. Did you even have a planning phase?

As your company seems to have been operating for only around a month, I can't help but wonder if you've just been using a magic-8 ball to make all your business decisions so far.

Thanked by 2jar fluffernutter
  • tsofttsoft Barred
    edited October 2023

@ralf said:
    3 days from launch isn't enough time to decide on the viability of a service you intend to run indefinitely

Probably, it is related to refund period from dedicated provider.
    Bought, saw no interest and refunded within 7 days (or who was a provider?).

• @ptervip said:

@Don_Keedic said:

My server was in Los Angeles and deleted it as well..

Nooo... impossible! They didn't! :p

@stephanuk said: When I contacted them they replied
    "Hello!
    Thank you for reaching out to HXServers! Unfortunately, due to lack of customer interest in Miami, we're suspending our services in Miami. If you're receiving this notice, your VPS will not renew in Miami and will be deleted the day after its payment due date.
    We are still offering VPS hosting services, however only in Los Angeles, and New York.
    Thank you,
    -=HXServers=-"

This discussion has been closed.