Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers | Cheap US VPS Hosting | 8GB DDR5 RAM @ $7.50/mo | 50% OFF HALLOWEEN SALE - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers | Cheap US VPS Hosting | 8GB DDR5 RAM @ $7.50/mo | 50% OFF HALLOWEEN SALE

Comments

• We're preparing to launch our new platform in Dallas Texas today! Stay tuned for a 24 hour special promo code!

• @hxservers said:
    We're preparing to launch our new platform in Dallas Texas today! Stay tuned for a 24 hour special promo code!

To be honest, I am fed up with your promos and services.

It is cheap, but wasted time does not cost this money.

I was waiting for texas, but use your hosting again - big no.

• @tsoft said:

@hxservers said:
    We're preparing to launch our new platform in Dallas Texas today! Stay tuned for a 24 hour special promo code!

To be honest, I am fed up with your promos and services.

It is cheap, but wasted time does not cost this money.

I was waiting for texas, but use your hosting again - big no.

Thank you for your feedback! As a previous customer who has breached our Terms of Service multiple times, we're sorry to see you go!

However, for our other hundreds of customers, we'll be releasing VPS services in Dallas soon!

Thanked by 1lowkey
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2023

What kind of breach of Terms you are talking about.

Following your logic, it is not reasonable to order more than 1 server on 1 account.

Instead of 20 servers, need to create 20 accounts ? Because you count all resources on all servers.

I was planning to buy 30 in texas, that would be insane.

Also, your system is broken. I do not use that many resources. I observed one server, I use on peaks around 50 mb/s, but on average 7 mb/s.

Yes, servers are used for work, what to do ? Pray on it? Or just keep idle like people do on this forum :D

So you blocked my services for nothing.
    Once again, your service is not production ready, far away. But you block like you are google cloud or so.

• hxservershxservers Member
    edited October 2023

@tsoft said:
    What kind of breach of Terms you are talking about.

Following your logic, it is not reasonable to order more than 1 server on 1 account.

Instead of 20 servers, need to create 20 accounts ? Because you count all resources on all servers.

I was planning to buy 30 in texas, that would be insane.

Also, your system is broken. I do not use that many resources. I observed one server, I use on peaks around 50 mb/s, but on average 7 mb/s.

Yes, servers are used for work, what to do ? Pray on it? Or just keep idle like people do on this forum :D

So you blocked my services for nothing.
    Once again, your service is not production ready, far away. But you block like you are google cloud or so.

Hello again,
    We've explained all of this to you multiple times via ticketing and PayPal. The breach of our Terms of Service includes: abusing system resources on your VPS, effecting the performance of others, and initiating PayPal payment disputes, even going as far as advising PayPal your claims are due to fraud, as if we fraud our customers. Luckily, PayPal does not see it this way, as we have a good working relationship with PayPal, and we absolutely do not fraud our customers in any way shape or form.

Your assumptions that our system is broken is incorrect. We measure metrics in realtime, using tools such as NetData, Virt-Top, libvirt tools and other tools specialized in monitoring a Linux based platform (specifically Libvirt / KVM). We also do not allow multiple accounts belonging to the same order, to have multiple servers - the system allows an unlimited number of servers per single account, which we require. The way you had your account setup, was not an issue. You had one single account and 12 VPS services.

Our platform has had it's up and downs, sure. We are a new company, and have been adjusting to unexpected exponential growth however, after iteration and iteration, our platform has continued to power more than 500 happy customers. We're constantly monitoring our platform for signs of abuse / over use of resources as per our Terms of Service. Unfortunately, your usage on our platform did not align with our budgetary pricing structure. You may be better off using a more premium plan with NVMe disks, or even a dedicated machine with the amount of I/O your VPS' required.

On a final note, had you just worked with us, we would've just given you more RAM so you didn't have to use SWAP space, resulting in unnecessary IOPS to disk on our budget platform. Keeping that in mind, we have made changes to default budget plan limitations on disk IO to prevent this issue from happening again.
    Thank you, if you have anything else to say regarding your account status or dispute, please email us directly at [email protected] or send us a private message.

• @hxservers said:

are you expecting to drop the code today or should I check back tomorrow? looking forward to snagging one of your deals

• @sycot said:

@hxservers said:

are you expecting to drop the code today or should I check back tomorrow? looking forward to snagging one of your deals

I am falling asleep waiting, but I won't be able to stay up much longer.
    I wonder if it's really a 24 hour or one with a limited amount of use.
    If it's a limited use one, I guess I need stay awake =D

• @tsoft You should start by testing your case with one server to see if it fits the product offered. Mentioning other providers may not be relevant because not every product is built the same.

Please do that with the next provider you test. Coupon codes are scarce, as everyone wants it.

• Dallas Texas has launched!

Order page: https://support.hxservers.com/store/dallas-vps-hosting
    Promo code: DALLAS24HR - 33% OFF, for 24 hours only! Recurring!

Thanked by 2stephanuk sycot
  • @tsoft now i know which providers to avoid. thanks

• SPOOKY makes a come back! (sort of)
    Promo code: SPOOKY30 - 30% OFF, until the end of October (regardless of # of orders!) Recurring!

Does not work on budget plans, only Los Angeles, New York, Miami (when stocked), and Dallas

• :)
    Yabs for the Dallas 8GB with upgrades.

root@node:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2023-09-06

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Fri 13 Oct 2023 08:29:10 PM CDT

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor : AMD EPYC 7502 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 6 @ 2500.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 9.7 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 150.0 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel : 5.10.0-20-amd64
    VM Type : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:

ISP : Ipxo LLC
    ASN : AS834 IPXO LLC
    Host : Delta Centric LLC

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 318.19 MB/s (79.5k) 2.61 GB/s (40.8k)
    Write 319.03 MB/s (79.7k) 2.62 GB/s (41.0k)
    Total 637.23 MB/s (159.3k) 5.24 GB/s (81.9k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 3.37 GB/s (6.5k) 3.52 GB/s (3.4k)
    Write 3.55 GB/s (6.9k) 3.75 GB/s (3.6k)
    Total 6.92 GB/s (13.5k) 7.28 GB/s (7.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 140 Mbits/sec 168 Mbits/sec 104 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy 107 Mbits/sec --
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) busy 964 Mbits/sec 117 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 334 Mbits/sec 131 Mbits/sec 212 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 448 Mbits/sec 431 Mbits/sec 36.3 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 131 Mbits/sec 116 Mbits/sec 123 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 415 Mbits/sec 526 Mbits/sec 31.8 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1287
    Multi Core | 5778
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3067492

YABS completed in 11 min 28 sec

• @cybertech said:
    @tsoft now i know which providers to avoid. thanks

Yes, they even migrated my server's CPU from Milan to Rome without any notice, and they even claimed it's 'not a downgrade'

Thanked by 1lowkey
  • @yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

Yes, they even migrated my server's CPU from Milan to Rome without any notice, and they even claimed it's 'not a downgrade'

Hello, we migrated your VPS so you'd continue to sustain a performance level similar to what you had when you purchased your VPS. As server's fill up, we measure performance within a VPS on each node. When it falls below a threshold, we'll migrate VPS around to balance servers. Had we left your VPS on it's original node, your performance would've suffered.

• @hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

Hello, we migrated your VPS so you'd continue to sustain a performance level similar to what you had when you purchased your VPS. As server's fill up, we measure performance within a VPS on each node. When it falls below a threshold, we'll migrate VPS around to balance servers. Had we left your VPS on it's original node, your performance would've suffered.

So, shouldn't it have been moved to another node using Milan CPU, but the reality is that I was migrated to the newly introduced Roma node without any notice. It's hard for me not to suspect that I might be migrated to an Intel E5 2699v4 in the future.

• @yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

So, shouldn't it have been moved to another node using Milan CPU, but the reality is that I was migrated to the newly introduced Roma node without any notice. It's hard for me not to suspect that I might be migrated to an Intel E5 2699v4 in the future.

We understand your point completely! The load balancing script calculates all available nodes and presents a score metric. Had there been another node available with a higher score using a Milan class CPU, it would've moved your VPS to it. However, since a Rome class CPU node scored higher at the time, this is why your VPS was moved to it. Any premium VPS will never be moved to a non AMD RYZEN system. The only VPS that runs on Intel E5 2699v4 is the budget plans. If you'd like to be moved back to a heavily used Milan CPU, we can do so, just open a ticket with us. We only migrate VPS out of the interest of the customer's experience.

• @cybertech said:

all this forum :D who sell less than 5$
    I run bots even on calculators :D
    so the cheapest is good for me

• @hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

We understand your point completely! The load balancing script calculates all available nodes and presents a score metric. Had there been another node available with a higher score using a Milan class CPU, it would've moved your VPS to it. However, since a Rome class CPU node scored higher at the time, this is why your VPS was moved to it. Any premium VPS will never be moved to a non AMD RYZEN system. The only VPS that runs on Intel E5 2699v4 is the budget plans. If you'd like to be moved back to a heavily used Milan CPU, we can do so, just open a ticket with us. We only migrate VPS out of the interest of the customer's experience.

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

I understand the intention behind your migration. I immediately noticed the situation at the time because I was actively using services hosted on the server, and it significantly affected my mood. However, I believe that confirmation with the customer before such migrations is crucial to ensure it doesn't impact the user experience. I will now submit a support ticket, hoping for continuous improvement in your services.
    Thank you.

Thanked by 1lowkey
  • zanzan Member

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

Dang your post made me check my server and re-run yabs immediately. Luckily I didnt find any discrepancy so I think its still on the same node.

@hxservers I am with @yxxyx here. Powering on/off servers for maintenance is one thing but migrating to different nodes is big deal! You owe us confirmations at the very least.

• @yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

I understand the intention behind your migration. I immediately noticed the situation at the time because I was actively using services hosted on the server, and it significantly affected my mood. However, I believe that confirmation with the customer before such migrations is crucial to ensure it doesn't impact the user experience. I will now submit a support ticket, hoping for continuous improvement in your services.
    Thank you.

@zan said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

Dang your post made me check my server and re-run yabs immediately. Luckily I didnt find any discrepancy so I think its still on the same node.

@hxservers I am with @yxxyx here. Powering on/off servers for maintenance is one thing but migrating to different nodes is big deal! You owe us confirmations at the very least.

Thank you for the feedback. From this point forward, we will send a notification to any customer who may need to be migrated to prevent performance degradation. If no response in 24 hours, migration will continue as planned. Customers will have the option to deny the migration if they so choose to. We've only ever had to migrate a total of 8 VPS, so it's been the very few out of the very many.

Thanked by 1zan
  • @yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@hxservers said:

@yxxyx said:

@cybertech said:

Thank you.

Your VPS has been migrated back to Milan per your request.

• yxxyxyxxyx Member
    edited October 2023

Your VPS has been migrated back to Milan per your request.

The response was very prompt, well done.

Thanked by 1hxservers
  • expired :(

• @hxservers said:
    Dallas Texas has launched!

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

@hxservers
    Can you pls turn off memory ballooning for my VPS ?

This is causing issues, in my opinion.

• @dev_vps said:

@hxservers said:

@hxservers
    Can you pls turn off memory ballooning for my VPS ?

This is causing issues, in my opinion.

Sure, we'd be happy to take a look at changing this for you. However, since we don't know who you are :smile: Please open a ticket.

Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • hxservershxservers Member
    edited October 2023

SPOOKY30: 30% OFF RECURRING ALL PLANS except budget plans.
    Ends 10/31

• Any EU location plans?

• 2GB VPS

2GB DDR4/DDR5 RAM
    2x AMD RYZEN vCores
    30GB RAID10 NVMe Storage
    Unmetered @ 1Gbps Port
    1x IPv4 Address

$5 /month
    $2.50 / month - Use Promo code SPOOKY
    ORDER NOW

this plan now is $4.2/month ? use the SPOOKY30 already

• @Zreind said:
    Any EU location plans?

Not currently, although we may deploy in EU at some point.

This discussion has been closed.