Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@jsg said: MTR however shows that the route is OK, even kind of good and the delay between Frankfurt ("hand over") to iHostArt is about 30 ms which is OK and in fact better than some I've seen with RO providers.

Thanks for feedback , our ISP help us about peering , for example on Asia region we have low ping , but we work with Orange for big upgrade coming soon on Asia region to have only 100 MS ! ! ! , yes , maximum 100 MSs on all asia region , from 200 , need put directly peering lines but this thing cost over 2k euros , and that happened only in the next 2-3 months , after we reach 1 PB of HDD Storage and raising more money

for these very small peering things we had to have contracts over 20k + euros monthly, but our ISP wants to help us, because they are our friends and that it's cause why on Germany or other country from EU and Asia it's very low ping , because we have access on premium network for low price :relaxed:

Regards

Thanked by 1jsg
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Quick interlude ...

Did my bench of the large 4.5 TB drive. The result not surprisingly at this point in time wasn't exactly great. In between 600 KB/s (4k blocks) and a hair under 4 MB/s (1 MB blocks), all tests single threaded.

Somewhat weird side note: Almost no difference at all between direct/sync and buffered mode.

But in the worst case, at least for most backup scenarios (not continuously 24/7 but say daily) there's still the option to dump your data on the fast-enough SSD and to have a script move them to the HDD.

But of course, any benchmarking done now highly likely doesn't represent what you can expect once the promo is over and all VPS have been delivered and everything runs "cooler". But still, those VPS almost certainly never will come even close to fast - but then, when getting a multi-TB storage VPS (and with a quite nice processor!) for an almost ridiculously low price there will be compromises to be made ...

For a "backup backup for really bad situations" (like back then, when NexusBytes drowned) this offer is - at that looow price - a very attractive solution.

Thanked by 1maverick

@jsg said: Did my bench of the large 4.5 TB drive. The result not surprisingly at this point in time wasn't exactly great. In between 600 KB/s (4k blocks) and a hair under 4 MB/s (1 MB blocks), all tests single threaded.

>

Yes problem it's about lot of people right now migrate data , and problem about cache settings it's not fixed , I m try tomorrow for reboot node , I'm don t want reboot right now because lot of people move files and I'm don t want stop customers tasks

Regards,
    Calin

@Calin said:

@jsg said: Did my bench of the large 4.5 TB drive. The result not surprisingly at this point in time wasn't exactly great. In between 600 KB/s (4k blocks) and a hair under 4 MB/s (1 MB blocks), all tests single threaded.

>

Yes problem it's about lot of people right now migrate data , and problem about cache settings it's not fixed , I m try tomorrow for reboot node , I'm don t want reboot right now because lot of people move files and I'm don t want stop customers tasks

Regards,
    Calin

First, I appreciate your honesty. Thank you.

Just let me know when you've completed the changes and optimization, and I'll test again then.

But even now I feel that I've made at least not a bad deal at all.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Thank you @Calin, I received my vps.

• Are you issuing a fix now?

I can't connect to it via ssh or web interface.

Hello all back to work

Regards

• Sadly mine is also down, no ping or ssh. @Calin

• yeah, mine is down too :(

• @jackalblood said:
    Sadly mine is also down, no ping or ssh. @Calin

Yup, mine's too.

• Hey, how do I use /storage. I am using Swizzin script with Ubuntu. I think the server has Nvme/ssd boot drive and a separate storage. I asked on Reddit and people said to tell clients/apps to /storage but I am not able to for some reason. Someone else said to "mount --bind" it but I think I am still doing something wrong.

This is how it shows -

• jackalbloodjackalblood Member
    edited August 2023

@ps20090 said:
    Hey, how do I use /storage. I am using Swizzin script with Ubuntu. I think the server has Nvme/ssd boot drive and a separate storage. I asked on Reddit and people said to tell clients/apps to /storage but I am not able to for some reason. Someone else said to "mount --bind" it but I think I am still doing something wrong.

This is how it shows -

Funny enough I saw your post on reddit sorry I didn't help there but I tend to stay quiet in that subreddit.

Anyway what you were told is correct set all your clients to save to /storage

Binding is not required at least it wasn't for mine so you can ignore that.

The issue you might be facing is permissions.

Does the command

touch /storage/test

Work as your swizzin user if not that's likely your problem.

I which case you need to look up how to chown /storage as your swizzin username.

Please excuse my rushed reply and poor formatting I'm currently on my phone.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

EDIT Am also using swizzin

Thanked by 1ps20090

@ps20090 said:
    Hey, how do I use /storage. I am using Swizzin script with Ubuntu. I think the server has Nvme/ssd boot drive and a separate storage. I asked on Reddit and people said to tell clients/apps to /storage but I am not able to for some reason. Someone else said to "mount --bind" it but I think I am still doing something wrong.

This is how it shows
    [image1]

[image 2]

Huh? Both images show your big partition (sdb1) mounted on '/storage'.

Re "Swizzin" I have no idea, I don't know it, but I suppose that some man page or readme or howto does explain how to direct it to use this or that directory (like e.g. '/storage').

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • View Ticket #RJJ-180643
    Please refund.

edited August 2023

Hello everyone ,apologies for the long response time ,the current problem is that the /storage partition has to be manually mounted to each VPS ,will soon receive all clients an email about how to do this, is a fairly simple thing, after I changed different settings, that partition from VPS unmounted and that it's cause why VPS for all people don't start

Regards

Thanked by 2ps20090 kuticon
  • @Calin said:
    Hello everyone ,apologies for the long response time ,the current problem is that the /storage partition has to be manually mounted to each VPS ,will soon receive all clients an email about how to do this, is a fairly simple thing, after I changed different settings, that partition from VPS unmounted and that it's cause why VPS for all people don't start

Regards

still waiting for mine :(

• See ticket KNQ-701845

Please refund

• and1and1 Member

@Calin said:

Regards

Hi Calin,

on my VPS I removed the automount of the /storage inside the fstab. I'll mount it together with another program manually, then I don't understand why my VPS is also not working. Is there any plan when all of the VPS are back online again?

Best regards

@and1 said: on my VPS I removed the automount of the /storage inside the fstab. I'll mount it together with another program manually, then I don't understand why my VPS is also not working. Is there any plan when all of the VPS are back online again?

>

Hello , the storage partition need rebuild , In the future this kind of thing will not happen anymore, I will come back with an official answer in the next 3 hours

All VPS back online in next 3-4 hours

Sorry for this downtime , The mistake was mine due to a wrong cache configuration

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1and1
  • @Calin said:

@and1 said: on my VPS I removed the automount of the /storage inside the fstab. I'll mount it together with another program manually, then I don't understand why my VPS is also not working. Is there any plan when all of the VPS are back online again?

>

Hello , the storage partition need rebuild , In the future this kind of thing will not happen anymore, I will come back with an official answer in the next 3 hours

Sorry for this downtime , The mistake was mine due to a wrong cache configuration

Regards,
    Calin

• @Calin said:

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 3koly1 msallak1 ehab

All back to work coming soon

Thanked by 2maverick 2bluesc

@Calin

That's a very [s|b]ad start.

Oh, well, at least, your customers, can now learn how long resilvering TB Raid6 arrays takes.

• and1and1 Member

@Calin said:

Hi Calin,

thanks for the effort. As far as I understand, this is the first server for you, which has such a huge amount of hard disk drives and of course it is very difficult to simulate everything which can happen in the productive usage later. So I can understand that there is fine tuning in the productive usage needed and also errors like this, unfortunately, can happen, but it would be good if you could share information in the future more proactively.
    So it would be a nice gesture if all of the days of the paid subscription on the already delivered VPS until now will not be counted and you will start with this for example at calendar week 35 when everything is, or nearly is, running fine. I think there will be more understanding for this then.

Thanks and best regards

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • @Calin said:

Did the server come back online? My VPS is still unavailable, and all server failed to ping from ping.pe.

Check now @nullptr

Regards

• @Calin said:
    Check now @nullptr

Regards

Still unavailable, ping.pe shows a 100% loss rate.

• I can't connect to my vps by ssh :(

• @Calin also still down for me sent you my ip via email.

• @duckgo said:
    I can't connect to my vps by ssh :(

Same on my side, it says "Connection refused" when I try to SSH into my machine